American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

long shot question on New Dodge Challenger!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
long shot question on New Dodge Challenger!

I may pick one of these cars up when released, just love the looks and the way back styling combined with 21st century.... that said I wouldn't mind adding a resto mod flair to it (well resto mod in the wrong direction) and adding a large blower from the hood like that seen here.... is that even possible... I know anything is possible but possible for lets say 5-7K.... curius what people think it could cost....doesn't have to be exact like the below but similiar....always been a dream to have some american muscle with that huge front blower!

Attached Images   
Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Kamil 77 is infamous around these parts
There is really nothing like that for current OBD-2 fuel injected engines.
Supercharges have come a long way, became smaller and more efficient.

Your best bet is to hope that after-market comes up with something, and then hope that somehow, someway you manage to convince someone to let you pass your state inspection with the scoop sticking 8" out of the hood (think emissions and pedestrain safety).

I'm not a big fan of the Challanger (too heavy) but idea sounds really cool.
I would strongly consider getting an old school challanger, upgrading EVERYTHING (current common trend) including chassis, suspension, brakes, engine, interior and have really something unique.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
To save alot of headache I would convert the car to a carb. This should be easy as this engine is offered as a carbed crate engine.

Then just get two big carbs, a Weiand 8-71 blower with a roof scoop and cut the hood. Also, does where you live have vehicle inspection ( i ask because there is none in Tennessee). If there is none you wont have a problem.

Also, buy ALOT of rear tires.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Kamil 77 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazy1323
Also, does where you live have vehicle inspection ( i ask because there is none in Tennessee).
STFU!! Really?
Wow... car guy heaven.

Imagine there was also no rust, no dust, and no freezing temps.