American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My dad and I hung out today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Romancer is infamous around these parts
My dad and I hung out today.

Today, my Dad and I went out on a father-son cruise on a cloudy day. The threat of rain was among us but-- since we're both nuts--we decided to take a couple GT500s for a spin. He has three: An all black vert (08), a white with blue stripes (08), and a red with white stripes (07) which he bought because he loved the scene in "I Am Legend." Why does he have 3? Well, he plans on turning one into a 725hp Super Snake (which a lucky member already has). Maybe it's a sickness, but you won't see me arguing. My mother is another story. She'll be ok.

Theses are some of the weekend toys. All are stock for now, but we, like all enthusiasts, we can't keep it like that for long. There is another Ford that will be arriving in the near future. Not a KR (which is already on order) but maybe something more exotic *cough*. ANNYWAY, Since there are only two of us, I took the black vert (which is my favorite) and he took the red coupe. Just thought I'd share a couple of pics. The covered truck next to the Black gt500 is an 07 Harley F150 supercharged with 450+ hp to the wheels. I didn't rain the whole time :hide: I'll just update this thread whenever we get around to modding and running the cars at the track.

The white one on another day.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:37 PM
saleenx is infamous around these parts
awesum, it would be tuff to decide which to take out first

Old 04-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by saleenx
awesum, it would be tuff to decide which to take out first
Thanks.

JDM tuned Saleen eh? Those are great guys up there in Freehold! They actually tuned the F150.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
definately know there stuff, great people to work with, etc
changed the whole chemistry of the car its insane,

since ya'll have so many GT500's im thinking of getting one, but id want the KR wheels/tires? but no dealer can tell me if i can get them?
any ideas or contacts to get those rims/tires

Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by saleenx
definately know there stuff, great people to work with, etc
changed the whole chemistry of the car its insane,

since ya'll have so many GT500's im thinking of getting one, but id want the KR wheels/tires? but no dealer can tell me if i can get them?
any ideas or contacts to get those rims/tires
http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.co...a%20Wheel.aspx

They aren't cheap but I like how they look as well.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
sweet thanks

my dealers here are useless LOL they said u cant get them

Old 04-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Future Owner is infamous around these parts
Wow, 3 GT500s! Any other cars in the collection?

Old 04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Just a few 60's Mustangs and a couple 07+ Mustangs (including my Shelby GT in avatar). There are a few trucks, and a few cars here or there. Nothing too exciting.

There is much more on the way. As you can see, our Ford dealer loves us! However, we have been looking into a few other brands lately. There are a lot of exciting cars coming out!

Old 04-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
wow. Three of 'em! NICE!

Old 04-26-2008, 05:53 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Yo Buddy! Sounds like you had a great day. Cant beat quality time with the ones you love.................and your Father too!!

You should bring one (or two?) of them to Starbucks one of these mornings.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Poisoned Pony is infamous around these parts
want a brother? Now that's a Ford powered family!

Old 04-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Yo Buddy! Sounds like you had a great day. Cant beat quality time with the ones you love.................and your Father too!!

You should bring one (or two?) of them to Starbucks one of these mornings.
LMAO. WELL SAID, JON.

Yea, we should head down there one of these days. I've been pretty busy, but we should be able to make time. I gotta see this new 911 up close and personal!

Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Poisoned Pony
want a brother? Now that's a Ford powered family!
Want a wife? Wait a few years and you can take my younger sister off of our hands.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:36 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I dont blame you guys for having two or three, I would be torn if I was going to take the plunge in ordering one the black with white is stunning and so is the red. I dont blame you for liking these cars, they are very nice and hope to be future classics and they are made by the first american automobile company.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I dont blame you guys for having two or three, I would be torn if I was going to take the plunge in ordering one the black with white is stunning and so is the red. I dont blame you for liking these cars, they are very nice and hope to be future classics and they are made by the first american automobile company.
Thanks Mohammed! Ford wasn't the first automobile company. What Ford did do first was create the moving assembly line which greatly increased production. The assembly line also made cars more affordable! This was so revolutionary that it's understandable for many to mistake them for being the first. I'm sure Henry Ford wouldn't mind having that label.

I appreciate the words, man. Whether they are future classics or not, we are enjoying the crap out of them right now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My dad and I hung out today.