American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Vette Doctors in NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:33 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RCNJ
Like any business, I guess you can't satisfy every customer. I have also heard good and bad about Cartek and they are closer to me. So I'm gonna have to compare shops and what they have to offer then flip a quarter and cross my fingers.
Well, I have heard maybe one bad thing about Cartek. Vette Doctors on the other hand........
They actually were so hard for a high dyno number on a friends car that they leaned the crap out of it, which lead to internal damage. That is only one bad story I have about them.

Use who you want, just be careful and ask a lot of questions!

Last edited by SINISTR; 07-07-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:56 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Before I sent my 02 z06 to MTI for a stroker package, I had Carmine of Vette Doctors do a head cam package on my C5 Z06 along with catless exhaust. Great work and on schedule. I would recommend them. I just seeked more power thereafter.

Shank

Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Made a deal with CARTEK today. They will be installing the VARARAM intake, AMERICAN RACING headers and high flow cats, custom ground cam, upgraded springs and retainers, ASP underpulley, port the intake and TB, CARTEK custom catch can, and CARTEK tune. They claim this package consistantly delivers 525-535 rwhp and the best part is they promised to have the car ready by this Saturday.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
RedStang05 is infamous around these parts
my buddy is up there had is Vette worked on there and was very satisfied

Old 07-09-2008, 07:27 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Made a deal with CARTEK today. They will be installing the VARARAM intake, AMERICAN RACING headers and high flow cats, custom ground cam, upgraded springs and retainers, ASP underpulley, port the intake and TB, CARTEK custom catch can, and CARTEK tune. They claim this package consistantly delivers 525-535 rwhp and the best part is they promised to have the car ready by this Saturday.
Glad you went with the BETTER of the two shops. Cartek actually tuned one of my other cars.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM
JROW is infamous around these parts
I have never heard anything bad about VD so I wouldn't be afraid. Hear nothing but good stories on the corvette forum. I have also driven a cartek c6 that was all motor and it ran very strong. I think either way you are in good shape.

I would go where the money/support is best.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Oops. I'm a little late huh.

Congrats. That car will be a lot of fun.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
SSNISTR- thanks for the heads up. Just talking to Carmen on the phone gave me a bad vibe about his attitude. The guys at Cartek are real friendly and took the time to go over the whole procedure. Now l'm just hoping he does get the car done by Saturday....can't wait.

JROW- thanks

Old 07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
SSNISTR- thanks for the heads up. Just talking to Carmen on the phone gave me a bad vibe about his attitude. The guys at Cartek are real friendly and took the time to go over the whole procedure. Now l'm just hoping he does get the car done by Saturday....can't wait.

JROW- thanks
Not a problem, that's what we're here for.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
No problemo.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:29 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Soooo...it's Saturday...what's the outcome?! And of course...when can I see it??

Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Justin,
How you been... heard rumors of your Cobra from Tony. He told me the car is insane....congrats. I've always had a thing for those cars. We definitely have to hook up and you can checkout my Z. I just picked it up yesterday. I love it. Cartek did an awesome job on the car. Its a different animal now. The exhaust note is intoxicating but with the mild2wild I can calm her down at the touch of a button...its like captains call on a boat..great option to have. Anyway send me a pm and we'll get together. I'm always down at Edgewater on Thursday nights with some other 6speeders . You should bring down the Cobra and check it out.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Z06CAB is infamous around these parts
Do you have any graphs available, before and after? Nice gains btw.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Justin,
How you been... heard rumors of your Cobra from Tony. He told me the car is insane....congrats. I've always had a thing for those cars. We definitely have to hook up and you can checkout my Z. I just picked it up yesterday. I love it. Cartek did an awesome job on the car. Its a different animal now. The exhaust note is intoxicating but with the mild2wild I can calm her down at the touch of a button...its like captains call on a boat..great option to have. Anyway send me a pm and we'll get together. I'm always down at Edgewater on Thursday nights with some other 6speeders . You should bring down the Cobra and check it out.
I've been well...getting the cobra through DMV wore me out but Tony was the man and saved the day!

The car is unreal...the Porsche is actually boring in comparison...yet incredibly the damn thing broke down on me the other day...she is a *****y, tempermental mistress...but once I figure it all out I'm up for getting together.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Z06CAB
Do you have any graphs available, before and after? Nice gains btw.
I only have a graph for after the mods were done but I'm not sure how to post it on here. You can see it on Corvette forum in the ZO6 section listed as (Cartek LS7 cam only package 526.8 rwhp). There you'll see the graph and dyno video.

Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vette Doctors in NY