American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Saw my first GTR today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 06:33 PM
porschefan1013 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
You really think it's wise to spend 100k for a GTR ? And you really think it will turn as many heads as a Ferrari or Lambo ? Pass the pipe my way. Sticker is the only way to go. Then yes, you have one hell of car.
I didn't say it was wise...but given the car's performance reputation, it certainly wouldn't be a bad deal.

It's my personal opinion that Nissan is selling this car at a loss only to prove a point that they can build a true bargain supercar. But that's beside the point. I'm convinced that Nissan could have charged $100k and people still would have bought it. Is that price really that unreasonable given the car's technical specifications and advanced technology? No one has any qualms with Porsche's outrageous price gouging. It'd be one thing if the GT-R didn't deliver...but based off of almost every review given about the car to date, it delievers every bit and then some.

And yes...I do think it would turn as many heads. You saw the reaction it received first hand. Sad, but true. It's every ricer's wet dream come true.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:53 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
[quote=porschefan1013;1970383]I didn't say it was wise...but given the car's performance reputation, it certainly wouldn't be a bad deal.

It's my personal opinion that Nissan is selling this car at a loss only to prove a point that they can build a true bargain supercar. But that's beside the point. I'm convinced that Nissan could have charged $100k and people still would have bought it. Is that price really that unreasonable given the car's technical specifications and advanced technology? No one has any qualms with Porsche's outrageous price gouging. It'd be one thing if the GT-R didn't deliver...but based off of almost every review given about the car to date, it delievers every bit and then some.

And yes...I do think it would turn as many heads. You saw the reaction it received first hand. Sad, but true. It's every ricer's wet dream come true.[/quot

What makes it worth as much as a Porsche ? Track times ? The Nissan will not take the beating that a Porsche can. It does not have the brakes, weight, and despite what ricers may think, the build quality of a Porsche. I saw ricers staring at the Nissan everybody else was staring at the Ferrari's and wondering why this guy brought his 30k over sticker to a Ferrari dealership ... did he really think that Ferrari owners would care ? NO

Old 07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Neither does ANY domestic, what's your point

Christian

[quote=prpsebuilt;1970407]
Originally Posted by porschefan1013
I The Nissan will not take the beating that a Porsche can. It does not have the brakes, weight, and despite what ricers may think, the build quality of a Porsche.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:05 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
This thread is getting good! Ive gotta say, comparing both cars I would take the GTR over the Z06. Its much more useable, driveable, fun, and better quality. Ive always been a fan of the new Z, the LS7 is a great engine, sure the technology is a little dated, but its a monster of an engine(you guys should see it in an Ultima GTR!) and you can get gobs of power with little effort. Overall, the quality of a Z is a little lacking, but hey, all Vettes after 1979 have been sort of crap(especially around 85-96). The US has never really been able to achieve quality cars for cheap, something the Japanese are amazing at, and thats undeniable(ever see Gung Ho?)

The R35 styling wise hasnt lived up to its predecessors, but the engineering sure has. The Skylines are serious performers in every aspect, and theyre known for taking down about everything in their path on the track. Im a very unbiased person, and can appreciate anything for what it is.

Prpsebuilt, your dad sure is an entertaining person, and I can totally see him making a comment about the GTR to the owners face. I wouldnt have guessed him to be in his 70's, especially for how much he likes to talk! Funny guy though.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Just don't turn off the VDC, we don't want Nissan to void your warranty.
How would turning off VDC void the warranty? Are you thinking of LC? It still wouldn't void the warranty. It's no different than dropping the clutch at 4K in the Z06 a 100 times and looking for Chevrolet to replace it under warranty. Everything has to be used in moderation.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:28 PM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
Man Prpsebuilt...your like the biggest GTR hater on this planet. Lol all your comments about the GTR that i've read just leads me to believe that you have some sort of jealousy towrads the car/ppl that own it. Quit sipping on the haterade bro and relax...You have a nice car and you dont have to keep trying to prove how you think the Z06 is better....Just let it go...

Old 07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by ActionJaxon
Man Prpsebuilt...your like the biggest GTR hater on this planet. Lol all your comments about the GTR that i've read just leads me to believe that you have some sort of jealousy towrads the car/ppl that own it. Quit sipping on the haterade bro and relax...You have a nice car and you dont have to keep trying to prove how you think the Z06 is better....Just let it go...

OK OK maybe you're right ... DAMN IT !! but jealous no. I love the Z and believe that in time the GTR will prove to be a dissapointment. Call me what you like. Anyone have some haterade ?

Last edited by prpsebuilt; 07-27-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
How would turning off VDC void the warranty? Are you thinking of LC? It still wouldn't void the warranty. It's no different than dropping the clutch at 4K in the Z06 a 100 times and looking for Chevrolet to replace it under warranty. Everything has to be used in moderation.
I wouldn't be happy if I owned a GTR and found this out....

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/99...-warranty.html

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....0&#entry337622

Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
There is no way they can deny coverage for it. If they denied coverage simply because it was turned off, they would have a huge lawsuit against them. I think it has more to do with LC usage.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:36 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
There is no way they can deny coverage for it. If they denied coverage simply because it was turned off, they would have a huge lawsuit against them. I think it has more to do with LC usage.
But it says right in the owners manual they can/will if the issue is caused by the VDC being off. I agree though, that would be bs if they pull this sh&*t.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porschefan1013
I'll start off by saying that I'm a person who's been trying REALLY hard to not like the GT-R. But honestly, you really just can't fault the damn thing.

Now me personally, I've loved Corvettes ever since I was a little kid and the Z06 is just the obvious choice for me. I love the NA power, the lighter weight, the manual gearbox and RWD.

But even I can see why people love the GT-R. It's just a really fantastic car from an engineering standpoint. And even if you payed $100k...$120k...it's undoubtedly worth every penny. Being turbocharged from the factory, the car's power potential is seemingly limitless and the suspension needs absolutely ZERO fiddling with. The automotive press has certainly given the car enough hype to last a lifetime, and with a reputation like it has and being a low-volume car, it's going to turn almost just as many heads as any Ferrari or Lamborghini would...something that can't really be said for Vettes, given their unfortunate ubiquity. So long as you steer clear of Porsche prices (I'd call $120k the price cap), I'd say you're undoubtedly getting your money's worth out of that car. If you can get it for sticker, then you just got yourself a HELL of a deal.
Go ahead and right a book.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Christian
Sounds like you are as big a tool or maybe even bigger than the kids you are whining about

Christian
concur

Old 07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
[quote=Christian;1970413]Neither does ANY domestic, what's your point

Christian

Viper ACR ? Hell, Corvette Z06 But oh yeah the interiors crap and it has **** poor radio.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:38 PM
JAMESZ is infamous around these parts
Just don't turn off the VDC, we don't want Nissan to void your warranty.
Turning VDC off will not void the warranty. What it will do is activate the VDCR which is a black box that records what happens during that period that the VDC is off. What NNA is claiming is that if anything breaks during that period that VDC is off that it will not be covered under warranty within reason. So that being said if you do 10 back to back launches in the vehicle and over heat the trans, it won't be covered, but if a window power motor goes out you're still safe.

That video of "the first GT-R in New York" was about the dumbest most juvenile thing I have ever seen.

1) The owner might be smart enough to follow the break-in period.
2) The car was never designed as a drag racer, it is designed for a road track. You guys keep screaming about racing one in a straight line, and that isn't what the car is for (albeit neither is the Z06). If you want to take a GT-R find one at a road track, and you might want some r-compounds on that Z06 if you want to keep up.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Sorry bro, but if you think a Vette or Viper has the same fit/finish as a 911 turbo then you are stoned.

We get it, you think the domestic muscle cars are superior, now go jerk off and say to yourself I have a bigger **** than these Porsche boys and that we over paid for the turbo, etc etc if that makes you feel better about yourself and your purchase than so be it

There's alot more than straight line performance

Christian

quote=prpsebuilt;1970672]
Originally Posted by Christian
Neither does ANY domes stic, what's your point

Christian

Viper ACR ? Hell, Corvette Z06 But oh yeah the interiors crap and it has **** poor radio.

Last edited by Christian; 07-28-2008 at 06:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw my first GTR today