American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Saw my first GTR today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Christian
Sorry bro, but if you think a Vette or Viper has the same fit/finish as a 911 turbo then you are stoned.

We get it, you think the domestic muscle cars are superior, now go jerk off and say to yourself I have a bigger **** than these Porsche boys and that we over paid for the turbo, etc etc if that makes you feel better about yourself and your purchase than so be it

There's alot more than straight line performance

Christian

quote=prpsebuilt;1970672]
Wow. Someone needs to grow up. No need to use those words on here towards that guy man. It's the freaking internet. Stop getting so defensive towards him over cars.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Give me a break, you are as big a dumb *** as he is. Sorry if I offended you

I don't know why I bother posting, I would not own either

Christian

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Wow. Someone needs to grow up. No need to use those words on here towards that guy man. It's the freaking internet. Stop getting so defensive towards him over cars.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts

WOW !! I was referring to taking abuse on the track Man, ever see the Movie 'American Psycho' ? That is you in a nutshell. Thanks SSNISTER,

Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM

Neither do 90% of the people on this forum know why you bother posting, you're a uppity p _ _ _ k.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschefan1013
I'll start off by saying that I'm a person who's been trying REALLY hard to not like the GT-R. But honestly, you really just can't fault the damn thing.

Now me personally, I've loved Corvettes ever since I was a little kid and the Z06 is just the obvious choice for me. I love the NA power, the lighter weight, the manual gearbox and RWD.

But even I can see why people love the GT-R. It's just a really fantastic car from an engineering standpoint. And even if you payed $100k...$120k...it's undoubtedly worth every penny. Being turbocharged from the factory, the car's power potential is seemingly limitless and the suspension needs absolutely ZERO fiddling with. The automotive press has certainly given the car enough hype to last a lifetime, and with a reputation like it has and being a low-volume car, it's going to turn almost just as many heads as any Ferrari or Lamborghini would...something that can't really be said for Vettes, given their unfortunate ubiquity. So long as you steer clear of Porsche prices (I'd call $120k the price cap), I'd say you're undoubtedly getting your money's worth out of that car. If you can get it for sticker, then you just got yourself a HELL of a deal.
Very nicely said.

The GTR is an engineering marvel but the main reasons it does not appeal to me is because of AWD and the lack of a real shifter/clutch. Its definitely a nicer, more useful, and more liveable car than the Z06. There is just something about the sound of a cammin V8 that gets to me. A friend of mine just got his GTR last week. I cant wait to check it out.

Last edited by kumar75150; 07-28-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:02 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Christian

Christian
Good then LEAVE. Nobody will miss you.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:49 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
I will.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
I will.
Maybe Z07 will come back.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
bambam is infamous around these parts
Exclamation It was my Car

Dude, I figured you for a decent guy at the dealership, so not understanding the negative comments here. I bought this car for the AKA Rally I will be running in a few weeks, I did not buy this car to show off or brag that I got the first one. It is unfortunate the delay NNA is having shipping the cars, but I did not buy this car for the WOW factor (I have my Orange Lotus for that). What I want to pay for my car is my business. If you don't like it fine. I don't go around saying, I can't believe you paid $70k for a Chevy..

I have no problem with Vette’s matter of fact I have a healthy respect for them as on a # of rallies I have seen them tearing up the roads and beating the **** out of my Lotus (but not my 350Z). It appears that Vette owners have issues with the GT-R and are always bringing up the ZR-1 as better. Like I discussed with you and your dad, a fair comparison (price wise) is the C6Z06 to the GT-R and the ZR-1 compares to the upcoming Spec-V.

I had the car for 24 hours and it had less then 300 miles on it. Would you have beat on your car if it was that new? I really don’t condone street racing and yes we are still breaking the car in, but I do not recall saying I would race you. I did say the oil is a special 0w40 that Nissan has created, but again I don’t think I brought that up as any reason for not racing. Maybe I did, but trust me, it was surely in a joking manner because Street racing in the NoVa area is a REALLY good way to lose you license and your car. I have not problems going to MIR on a Saturday for a Test & Tune sometime in late August. The GT-R should do 11.6 – 11.8’s with 3.2 – 3.4 0-60 times.

Now regarding your attitude. You think you will run me over huh? Well let’s see: I have done a # of rallies and a few NASA and SCCA events. I have run my twin turbo’d 350z on the Bonneville Salt Flats and will be running this GT-R through the same events for the AKA Rally in a few weeks. What have you done that makes you think your so special that without even knowing me you think you can run me over on the streets?

I am not sure what your impression of ‘tools’ is but a if those guys that were there are wealthy enough to own Ferrari’s then who am I to argue. They knew their cars and respected the GT-R for what it is, a pretty amazing car for $70k.

Enough said, if you think you want to Join me for the Rally and see how your driving skills and your car can really handle 150mph.

--B

Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
So I pull into Ferrari of Washington today to look at cars that I may never afford and much to my surprise sat a dark metallic grey GTR. I walk over and say 'nice car' and the guy looks at me, my Z, and says 'thanks'. I walk around the GTR, nice car i'm thinking but how much over sticker did he pay ? I ask and he responds '30 k over.' My 76 year old father says what I wanted to say but did not, 'good lord you paid 100k for a F'n Nissan'?!? said dad. The elderly 'I don't give a S _ _ _ T attitude of my father and a'lot of people his age never ceases to amaze me. The Nissan owner just laughed and said, 'yeah I am the first one in the area with this beast.' At this point the tons of kids with hair product seeping through to their brains strated chiming in ... 'The GTR will smoke your Z from a dig and in the 1/4 mile!!' . I go to say something but the GTR owner beat me to it and said he would not get on it until it's broken in (something about zero weight oil?) obviously he knew what I was going to say. I WILL GLADLY RUN YOUR 30K OVER *** INTO THE GROUND. He lives in my neighborhood and had agreed to run me after his first oil change. I wish some of you guys were there to see the tools surrounding this GTR, ok I have vented and feel better know, thanks for listening.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I saw ricers staring at the Nissan everybody else was staring at the Ferrari's and wondering why this guy brought his 30k over sticker to a Ferrari dealership ... did he really think that Ferrari owners would care ? NO
Dude, I am really losing my patience, Your talking about stuff you know nothing about. I was ASKED by the dealership to bring the car there. Matter of fact, they had customers of theirs waiting for 2 hours so they could see the car. You see, they have orders for the car, but had not been able to actually see the car in person.

So you see you, the people looking at the car already owned Lambo's and Maserati's but had ordered the GT-R because of its reputation for performance at a decent price. Even people who own $300k cars appreciate the value of this ‘simple Nissan’.

Oh, FYI, some of the people that work there are friends of mine, so I do get to show up and look around on occasion anyway.

Last edited by bambam; 07-29-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
OK, just be careful on your tires, I just paid 1700 for a new set. I am sure that yours are going to cost more. BTW YOU ARE RIGHT i AM WRONG. I was a complete D _ _ K to assume. Sorry. You have a great car.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
OK, just be careful on your tires, I just paid 1700 for a new set. I am sure that yours are going to cost more. BTW YOU ARE RIGHT i AM WRONG. I was a complete D _ _ K to assume. Sorry. You have a great car.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
You run your mouth alot, you should take bambam up on one of those events since you are so confident

Christian

[quoteistian=prpsebuilt;1973392]OK, just be careful on your tires, I just paid 1700 for a new set. I am sure that yours are going to cost more. BTW YOU ARE RIGHT i AM WRONG. I was a complete D _ _ K to assume. Sorry. You have a great car. [/quote]

Old 07-29-2008, 05:45 PM
yes sir

Christian

Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes the tires are expensive. I think the Z06 has the same runflats. Bridgestone right?

Nissan has said that you should replace all 4 at the same time, but after some discussions with my tech, we think doing the rears together and fronts together should be good enough based on wear rates.

I am used to getting new tires about every 10k miles but with as expensive as these are, I hope that does not hold true with these too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw my first GTR today