American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Saw my first GTR today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bambam
Yes the tires are expensive. I think the Z06 has the same runflats. Bridgestone right?

Nissan has said that you should replace all 4 at the same time, but after some discussions with my tech, we think doing the rears together and fronts together should be good enough based on wear rates.

I am used to getting new tires about every 10k miles but with as expensive as these are, I hope that does not hold true with these too.
Goodyear (Good for one year ;-) I tried and tried but could not find any other tires but the Goodyear 325/35/19 rear and 275/25/18. Bridgestone makes them but the backorder is over four months. So I have Goodyears.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
bambam is infamous around these parts
Yea, I am not sure, but I think the summer tires on the GT-R are Dunlop’s.
I guess we shall see how these tires hold up. I REALLY hop replacing them is not as expensive at the Z06. I know it has some MONSTER tires I was thinking of getting for my 350Z, but they would not fit. My buddy has one and he said they were very hard to get and like you said pretty darn expensive.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:24 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bambam
Yea, I am not sure, but I think the summer tires on the GT-R are Dunlop’s.
I guess we shall see how these tires hold up. I REALLY hop replacing them is not as expensive at the Z06. I know it has some MONSTER tires I was thinking of getting for my 350Z, but they would not fit. My buddy has one and he said they were very hard to get and like you said pretty darn expensive.
You ought to check out the GTR own forum thread I started. Their is a link in one of my posts that will take you to what the Porsche guys think about a import forum. Disgusting to say the least.
BTW I really do love your car and would appreciate a ride sometime.