American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Saw my first GTR today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 04:37 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
Saw my first GTR today

So I pull into Ferrari of Washington today to look at cars that I may never afford and much to my surprise sat a dark metallic grey GTR. I walk over and say 'nice car' and the guy looks at me, my Z, and says 'thanks'. I walk around the GTR, nice car i'm thinking but how much over sticker did he pay ? I ask and he responds '30 k over.' My 76 year old father says what I wanted to say but did not, 'good lord you paid 100k for a F'n Nissan'?!? said dad. The elderly 'I don't give a S _ _ _ T attitude of my father and a'lot of people his age never ceases to amaze me. The Nissan owner just laughed and said, 'yeah I am the first one in the area with this beast.' At this point the tons of kids with hair product seeping through to their brains strated chiming in ... 'The GTR will smoke your Z from a dig and in the 1/4 mile!!' . I go to say something but the GTR owner beat me to it and said he would not get on it until it's broken in (something about zero weight oil?) obviously he knew what I was going to say. I WILL GLADLY RUN YOUR 30K OVER *** INTO THE GROUND. He lives in my neighborhood and had agreed to run me after his first oil change. I wish some of you guys were there to see the tools surrounding this GTR, ok I have vented and feel better know, thanks for listening.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
It amazes me that Corvette owners love to say it's a $70k Nissan. You are driving a $70k Chevrolet. No better or worse than driving a Nissan. How much over sticker do you think people will be paying for a ZR1? At least $30k over. $130k for a Vette?

Old 07-26-2008, 07:10 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Old 07-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
And this video means what? I certainly wouldn't race anyone on the street. That is for teenagers who don't know any better!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Poisoned Pony is infamous around these parts
Cool, I can't wait to line up next to one at the track this fall

Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
It amazes me that Corvette owners love to say it's a $70k Nissan. You are driving a $70k Chevrolet. No better or worse than driving a Nissan. How much over sticker do you think people will be paying for a ZR1? At least $30k over. $130k for a Vette?
exactly.
both of these cars are "cheap-and-fast" cars.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
I never said 70k. And I never paid over sticker, especially 30 over. I like the GTR and when the prices come down may consider buying one. And by the way, the zr1 will prolly be selling for around 200k. F'n crazy.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
I've yet to see one around...but I wonder why he was there?

I'm up there once or twice a month, same reason as you...

Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Blazing is infamous around these parts
Yeah the ZR1 is another hot cake even those the base price is $103,000,the first ZR1 went for over $1 million. And so far about 4 or 5 have been on ebay, all have sold over $50,000 msrp. As a matter of fact there are two ZR1 on ebay right now,one with the bids at $152,000 (and growing) and the other at $185,000. lol

Old 07-27-2008, 03:44 AM
rodney3211 is infamous around these parts
I don't know why people insult either car, you can't get more performance for under a 100k than for those 70k nissans and chevrolets. Both are great, but I firmly believe that a good driver with decent tires would handle a GTR in the 1/4.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:59 AM
carmos is infamous around these parts
here are a few pics of some of the gtrs i saw this morning

there were 4 or 5 at coffee and cars in irvine,ca this morning.then when i left and took drive down pch, later i ran into 2 of the gtrs and 4 ferraris and a z06 and a tricked out 350z in crystal cove mine is the silver c6 corvette.

Name:  2 gtrs crystal cove.bmp
Views: 765
Size:  843.8 KB

Name:  brown gtr.bmp
Views: 761

Name:  red gtr.bmp
Views: 755

Name:  360 and 328 gts.bmp
Views: 749

Name:  group shot.bmp
Views: 721

Old 07-27-2008, 07:26 AM
blaze is infamous around these parts
Although it is a strong performer, the GTR is an uninspiring car both visually and aurally.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
HRD SEL is infamous around these parts

So damn true.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 AM
porschefan1013 is infamous around these parts
I'll start off by saying that I'm a person who's been trying REALLY hard to not like the GT-R. But honestly, you really just can't fault the damn thing.

Now me personally, I've loved Corvettes ever since I was a little kid and the Z06 is just the obvious choice for me. I love the NA power, the lighter weight, the manual gearbox and RWD.

But even I can see why people love the GT-R. It's just a really fantastic car from an engineering standpoint. And even if you payed $100k...$120k...it's undoubtedly worth every penny. Being turbocharged from the factory, the car's power potential is seemingly limitless and the suspension needs absolutely ZERO fiddling with. The automotive press has certainly given the car enough hype to last a lifetime, and with a reputation like it has and being a low-volume car, it's going to turn almost just as many heads as any Ferrari or Lamborghini would...something that can't really be said for Vettes, given their unfortunate ubiquity. So long as you steer clear of Porsche prices (I'd call $120k the price cap), I'd say you're undoubtedly getting your money's worth out of that car. If you can get it for sticker, then you just got yourself a HELL of a deal.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
R53Mini is infamous around these parts
Nice to know that there is one around the area. Hopefully i'll be able to see it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw my first GTR today