American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Thoughts on the Chrysler Crossfire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 PM
604_Coast is infamous around these parts604_Coast is infamous around these parts
Thoughts on the Chrysler Crossfire?

Recently I've been looking at these cool little coupes after just happening to notice how cheap they are. Delving more into it, I've read theyre nearly 90% Mercedes Benz and actually produced in Germany. Based on an SLK platform, basically the coupe version of it, with Chrysler badges. Prices range used 13-15k USD. This seems like an impressive and unique car for not that much cash.

What are your guys' thoughts on them? Any past/present owners? Pro's, cons, flames?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
I thought the SRT model was pretty cool, but cool in a way for your wife or daughter.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
jg08 is infamous around these parts
The SRT-6 looks ok, don't really care for the normal Crossfire. I would also find out about the maintenance on these cars because the replacement parts and service could be pretty expensive.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
I used to sell Chrysler's.

- Horrible blind spots. Forget lane changing without looking over your shoulder.
-Worst re-sale value of any Chrysler.
-90% German that's true (huge selling point)
-Instant classic.
-Soft rear end in the SRT very dangerous around the twisties.
-Hellofa engine, design, and performance.
-One day they will be next to the Prowlers in terms of classic value.
-Good buy if you plan to keep it forever.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:09 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
My fiance is on her third Chrysler. They all were total pieces of crap. We're selling this one soon, and I will never buy another.

The only saving grace of the Crossfire is that many parts are from Mercedes Benz.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:10 PM
KandyRedCoi is infamous around these parts
if its NOT a SRT model then forget about it

Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
604_Coast is infamous around these parts604_Coast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
I used to sell Chrysler's.

- Horrible blind spots. Forget lane changing without looking over your shoulder.
-Worst re-sale value of any Chrysler.
-90% German that's true (huge selling point)
-Instant classic.
-Soft rear end in the SRT very dangerous around the twisties.
-Hellofa engine, design, and performance.
-One day they will be next to the Prowlers in terms of classic value.
-Good buy if you plan to keep it forever.
Great post, thanks. In regards to the resale I'd like to think if bought at 13k most of that would be taken care of considering they began life at almost 3x that exclusive of tax. Blind spots may have to be thrown to the wind in the name of torpedo-back styling. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 AM
MadIceV8 is infamous around these parts
I've actually considered the same thing myself for a DD. Nice little car for the price and not to many out there (at least not that i see).

Old 09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Yea that is what I'm thinking, sell my Sentra and get something a bit more luxurious...I guess I'm past my boy-racer days and miss the feel of my Lexus.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 AM
2fast455 is infamous around these parts
Bigger disappointment than the Prowler.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Buy it-

Great car-

When it came out it looked a bit claddy to me, sort of 80s Pontiac-ish, but now I have grown to like the car alot.

On the track the SRT6 is awesome, tossable and quick - get one of these, will be collectible.

Base model is very nice too.

I have a Chrysler product and not one issue in 3 years.....

Old 09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ken Lally
On the track the SRT6 is awesome, tossable and quick - get one of these, will be collectible.

Kinda doubt that. The only Chrylers from the past decade that might be collectible are the Vipers, Prowlers and maybe the new Challenger.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 PM
The way I see it the guy is only paying 13k. Lower it slap some nice wheels/racing rubber/stiffer suspension etc ... lot of fun. I would put 'lil bstrd' on the tag As for parts the engine is bullet proof the only issue is brakes and possibly transmission from my sales experience. 13k could prolly' be negotiated as well. I would like one but the blind spots, man, the blind spots.

On a side note the first car I took on trade as a salesman was a Crossfire, when I told the customer what the black book was he asked to speak to my manager and have me fired !!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Kinda doubt that. The only Chrylers from the past decade that might be collectible are the Vipers, Prowlers and maybe the new Challenger.
Ssnistr,

Your posts are negative, not productive, counter-conversative, why don't you go away?

No one will notice - bye.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
KEN !! Hey man good to see ya' on here !! Remember me ? I have the Silver Z. I see ya' all the time at the Chic Fil a car show. Drop me a line bro .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Chrysler Crossfire?