American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

The One Lap '67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
redlineit is infamous around these parts
The One Lap '67 Camaro

Built to compete in open highway competitions like the Silver State Challenge and eventually the Cannonball One Lap of America, this car has some serious specs.

They're also at SEMA so more pics coming. There are a lot of hi quality ones already (i.e. the welding on the ATS headers) here:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...ds#post8678369

ENGINE
  • TYPE - Katech “Street Attack” Chevrolet LS7, 427 cid
DRIVETRAIN
  • TRANSMISSION - ATS/Rockland Standard Gear road racing T-56 6-speed
  • REAR AXLE - 3.89:1 gears, Black Gold differential, Mark Williams axles
  • TRACTION CONTROL - ****pit adjustable electronic traction control
CHASSIS
  • FRONT SUSPENSION - ATS Chicane Suspension - AFX tall spindles with sealed C5 hubs, tubular control arms with Del-a-lum bushings, ATS Spline-Tune rate adjustable front sway bar, ATS 670 power steering box, Penske double adjustable coil over shocks, Hypercoil springs
  • REAR SUSPENSION - Lateral Dynamics 3-Link – Custom Ford 9” rear housing, Road Race 3-link with Watts link, Penske double adjustable coil over shocks with Hypercoil springs.
  • BRAKES - Front - AP Racing 6-piston caliper, 14” slotted two piece rotor
  • BRAKES - Rear - AP Racing 4 piston caliper, 13” slotted two piece rotor
  • SAFETY - 12-point roll cage, Willans 6-point restraints, Safecraft fire suppression system
WHEELS and TIRES
  • FRONT - HRE Performance Comp20 Wheels, 18 x 8.5” with Toyo Proxes R888 255/35ZR18
  • REAR - HRE Performance Comp20 Wheels, 18 x 11” with Toyo Proxes R888 315/30ZR18

Last edited by redlineit; 11-04-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM
97GtsMonster is infamous around these parts
damn... i want it

Old 11-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Here's what they started with and here's the build thread. The electronic traction control also really caught my eye, that was not an easy one for them the builder said.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=5637

Old 11-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Amazing transformation

Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I like the owners James' comment about the condition:

"The car started as an Ebay special – one of those cars that’s too cheap to pass up but you know has to be worse than you anticipate...which of course it was"

Last edited by redlineit; 11-03-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
That looks like it means business, good to hear it will be put to use. Again stick ftw I honestly don't get all these PT cars being built with autos, c'mon wheres the fun?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Insane...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
James OLC is infamous around these parts
Hello everyone, with Skip's introduction I thought that I would join the forum and try to share some of the details of the build with anybody who is interested. SEMA is taking a ton of time this week but I have a few quick pictures with the plastic off the carpets...

We'll be at the show all week and at the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational on Saturday at the Spring Mountain racetrack which is shaping up to be a blast. My expectations are low as the car is barely dialed in but it should be a fun opportunity to learn a bit about the car.

Cheers,
James

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Glad you joined James.

Looks great.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
James, welcome! This is the 4th forum I have seen you on now! Atta boy! Beautiful car. Good luck in the Optima Streetcar Challenge. Mind sharing where you got the rear spoiler? Or is it custom made?

Originally Posted by Memphis
That looks like it means business, good to hear it will be put to use. Again stick ftw I honestly don't get all these PT cars being built with autos, c'mon wheres the fun?
Where are you seeing all these pro-touring cars with autos? 98% I see have 5 or 6 speeds.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
im in love !

Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Looks awesome...those headers are insane.

Welcome.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
I just have one question. Is it for sale?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
James, I seem to remember reading you had the core support modified. When you get a chance, if you wouldn't mind explaining what was changed.

Thanks.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
James OLC is infamous around these parts
Flash - the rear spoiler was built by Jakes Hot Rod Shop. It's a really nice piece and I can't wait to start playing with the adjustibility on the track. As I have said a few times over the last couple of days, I don't expect much out of the Optima Invitational beyond having a fun time learining the limits of the cars abilities. I don't have the seat time in the car that I need to really by comfortable hanging everything out in the breeze in this point.

HIRISC - thanks. The most impressive thing to me is that they are entirely hand welded by Russel at American Touring Specialties.

Zuluracerx - yes

I'll post more details on the core support mods when I have more time -probably will have to wait until I get back from 'Vegas.

Someone mentioned to me today that I hadn"t posted any interior pictures. The show is not the perfect place for interior shots but here id one that's not bad but still does not do the new Marquez Design dash justice:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The One Lap '67 Camaro