American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

1970 Cuda Tuned Up at Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
1970 Cuda Tuned Up at Vivid Racing

One of our local loyal customers, (I wont say any names but he is #11 on the Arizona Cardinals) brought in ONE of his rides for us to take a look at. He was having an issue with the steering and alignment on his BAD BOY 1970 Baracuda. We found that the steering column and power steering control box bolts were loose. We got that all fixed and vehicle aligned and now can drive over 20mph, and man that car is all muscle with a 440 6 pack.

Jeff Vivid Racing Shop Manager
480-966-3040 x239
jeff@vividracing.com

Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Sweet! But tell yer boy to get some coilovers and lower that sucker!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
agreed!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
sweet! But tell yer boy to get some coilovers and lower that sucker!
+1..

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM
hemi_fan is infamous around these parts
Sweet! But tell yer boy to get some coilovers and lower that sucker!

I always felt cudas look weird with aftermarket wheels, something about the shape of the car makes big wheels look silly on them IMO. I think he should throw a set of stock rims on it and call her a day.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Great muscle car...Looks very nice...

Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Cayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hemi_fan
I always felt cudas look weird with aftermarket wheels, something about the shape of the car makes big wheels look silly on them IMO. I think he should throw a set of stock rims on it and call her a day.
Completely agree, and here is my 1970 Cuda with stock Magnum 500's - looks waaaayyy better.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor
great looking car

Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cayenne Club
Completely agree, and here is my 1970 Cuda with stock Magnum 500's - looks waaaayyy better.
Nice Cuda for sure.. (can we get a pic resize in aisle 5 please?)

I like stock/original muscle cars too, but I think these look WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better. I surely don't see how someone can say they don't "fit"...

Name:  rasmus4.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  78.0 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  17.8 KB

Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by hemi_fan
I think he should throw a set of stock rims on it and call her a day.
Maybe the guy actually wants the car to handle a little bit when turning. ?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Cayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to behold
Pic resized. I'm just not partial to aftermarket wheels on classic cars, I'm a bit of a purist with the muscle cars I own and have owned. I like to believe at one point in history Detroit was creating beautiful, fast cars. But it doesn't matter what wheels and suspension you put on these cars, the handling will always suck, they're meant to go in a straight line and lay rubber the whole way and put a smile on your face.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
By the way, my Cuda is going to be for sale. The wifey wants a 70 Challenger and I don't have room for both. Let me know if you guys know anyone looking for one.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Pic resized. I'm just not partial to aftermarket wheels on classic cars, I'm a bit of a purist with the muscle cars I own and have owned. I like to believe at one point in history Detroit was creating beautiful, fast cars. But it doesn't matter what wheels and suspension you put on these cars, the handling will always suck, they're meant to go in a straight line and lay rubber the whole way and put a smile on your face.
Ha, just messing with ya on resize. Nice job though.

I would keep an completely original car original, but I prefer custom upgraded muscle cars with newer suspension - coilovers, sway bars, 4 links, big *** brakes and tires.

But I strongly disagree on handling will always suck on these cars. Do you know much about the aftermarket for muscle cars these days? Been to SEMA? The Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge a couple weeks ago was won by a 68 Camaro. It beat a GT3, ZR1 Vette, and a couple other late model cars, although it did have a badass driver. We are talking auto-X and a road course. There are amazing options for these old cars now if you have the coin. Even some very good budget options too (I am going with a middle of the road setup on mine - 4 link, coilovers, front sway bar, and 275 front/335 rear tires. That thing is gonna handle.

But either way, the musclecar does put a big smile on my face too.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 PM
By the way, my Cuda is going to be for sale. The wifey wants a 70 Challenger and I don't have room for both. Let me know if you guys know anyone looking for one.
Wouldnt hurt to sign up and post them for sale at pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net. Those are the musclecar forums I spend a lot of time on. Good luck!

Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 PM
hemi_fan is infamous around these parts

I like stock/original muscle cars too, but I think these look WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better. I surely don't see how someone can say they don't "fit"...

That first pic does look quite good, but the 2nd one is exactly what I mean about the rear wheels not fitting right! Both of these vehicles require a staggered wheel size in order to fill the fenders on the cuda because the rear haunches of the car make 17's or 18's look small while the front makes them look large. In order to compensate I see a lot of 20"+ on the rear and IMO they have no place on a cuda. I think the rear wheel arch may actually be higher off the ground than the front, but I'm not sure. The only way to make it look right IMO is with a set of 15" steelies or mag wheels.

As for making a cuda handle, if their short time in Trans-Am tells you anything it's that if you want a pony-car that can turn, you buy a mustang, camaro, or even an AMC... cudas are drag kings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1970 Cuda Tuned Up at Vivid Racing