American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Z06 vs Cayman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I don't care what track you are on --- with equal drivers a stock CaymanS will not beat a C6Z06 on any of them and I'd be surprised if it was even close.

I think the CaymanS is a fine car and is the best balanced, and handling car I have ever been in or owned. It is severely underpowered though. The low end torque is pretty much a joke.

I agree, the CaymanS is easier to drive.
I agree (again)

IMO, the C6Z is also a much better touring car than a CS (unless you're on very choppy freeway, then the runflats will beat you down).

FWIW, my sport package equipped X5 rides more firmly than my Z06 on most road surfaces.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 8speed

It's all about gearing.....you know that the Z06 can go from 0-150 in one gear? Yep, starting out in 4th gear just flooring it all the way through. That is awesome.

In regards to the harsh ride, the Z06 is a high performance sports car and is built to handle accordingly.......my ride in a Z06 last year rattled my fillings almost as bad as my modified STI...so you can't possibly think the car rides like a cadillac?

And you love the Z06 so much you sold yours and bought a a BMW 335???? How's that working out
I speak from actual experience of OWNING BOTH CARS.

I have been through a bunch of cars in the past three years --- look at my signature. I like to try out different things. The Z06 was sold in order for me to do some improvements to my house and free up some cash..to the extent its any of your business. The 335 was sold as of two weeks ago two. Had it one year. Great car but time to move on. Where did I say I love the Z06 so much? Please show me. I am a fanboi of NO ONE particular brand of car. Having said that, there is a very good chance I'll be back in a Z06 late next summer.

The Z06 you rode in must have been damaged. Ask anybody that owns or has owned one and the last thing they will tell you is that it rattles their fillings. Perhaps you have sh1tty dental work. On top of that where did I say it rode like a Cadillac?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
+1 z06

Old 12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I speak from actual experience of OWNING BOTH CARS.

I have been through a bunch of cars in the past three years --- look at my signature. I like to try out different things. The Z06 was sold in order for me to do some improvements to my house and free up some cash..to the extent its any of your business. The 335 was sold as of two weeks ago two. Had it one year. Great car but time to move on. Where did I say I love the Z06 so much? Please show me. I am a fanboi of NO ONE particular brand of car. Having said that, there is a very good chance I'll be back in a Z06 late next summer.

The Z06 you rode in must have been damaged. Ask anybody that owns or has owned one and the last thing they will tell you is that it rattles their fillings. Perhaps you have sh1tty dental work. On top of that where did I say it rode like a Cadillac?
I don't mean to sound insulting but by any chance are you ten? You might as well go out and buy one of these (see below) while you're at it.....I never asked for you to disclose your financial status, I was commenting on your sold Z06 and your current 335, which is to your chagrin mentioned in your sig! If you don't want fellow members commenting on your collection of cars, don't make it public knowledge. I would comment on the rest of your post, but it's indecipherable

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Banned
have2modit is infamous around these parts
have a 2009 Zo6, you can even compare a cayman to that car. its insane, power and handling , rawness. just ran a 10.87 at 127.95 at the track a month ago with just a INTAKE. im sure its not as luxurious at the cayman because its 3150 pounds and had a 7.0 V8 so many things have been stripped from the car to make it like. just say this the car WORKS. power ,bigger tires, light weight. cant beat that

Old 12-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
I don't mean to sound insulting but by any chance are you ten? You might as well go out and buy one of these (see below) while you're at it.....I never asked for you to disclose your financial status, I was commenting on your sold Z06 and your current 335, which is to your chagrin mentioned in your sig! If you don't want fellow members commenting on your collection of cars, don't make it public knowledge. I would comment on the rest of your post, but it's indecipherable
I wouldn't expect someone with a NJ Guido avatar to be able to answer questions that any elementary school child could answer. No worries here.

You made a comment as to there must have been a reason why I sold the Z06 and I told you. Nothing more, nothing less. You can comment all you want about my previous cars. I enjoyed everyone of them.

Please start with this for your elementary reading comprehension.

Attached Images  

Last edited by amerlemans; 12-30-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
I think everything he posted, has to do with/or was viewed on Top Gear. LOL.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I think everything he posted, has to do with/or was viewed on Top Gear. LOL.

Don't be mad just because your TA will get smoked by my overpriced Toyota Prius

back on topic please.....no trolling

Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
z06Drew has a spectacular aura aboutz06Drew has a spectacular aura about
all of you are funny. first off i will stick to the original question asked. i too say the z06. i looked at several different cars and always steered back to the z. you just can't beat it when comparing fun and use to other cars. you saying you want a track car leads me to believe that you are looking for a true performer on a road coarse. the z is fun and you can get used to it quick, but it isn't an easy car to drive and WILL bite you and spin you out in a split second! if you plan to drive it on the road then you have to do something about the heat that emanates from the "trans tunnel" (a koolmat or elite plate do the trick). the suspension would need a little attention (but any car will) and you will really need to address the front rotor issue when you put in your race pads (they put two left side rotors on the car to cut costs down but the veins run backwards on one side and the right side will overheat quicky on a road corse). if you are going to go into real racing be advised that the frame is aluminum and it is a giant pain to get and install a roll bar/cage. then you have the "quirks" the 06's had the roofs fly off and allegedly weaker axles. the 07's are said to have a bad run of rocker arms that fail and lead to other engine damage (this is few and far between but all of the same issues happened with cars built in jan 07 to about july of 07). and on the 08's they did some nice upgrades to the steering, suspension, trans and shifter but the downside is that there are a few people having issues with the new trmec tr6060 trans.

if you have any other questions, those of us who have owned o currently own the car would be happy to help....

Last edited by z06Drew; 12-30-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Wonder if the IS-F can hang with his Gixxer

Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light

back on topic please.....no trolling
From your posts, you're the one who seems to be trolling. Notice my trap speed in sig, I doubt your IS-F will hang with a low 12 sec car unless it's modded.

Regardless, you have no experience with either car. Throughout your posts, you have just re-itterated info seen on a damn tv show. We've all seen the show bud. How can you argue with a guy who has owned both cars?

To the OP, another great point to help you decide between the two; Resale value. Caymans have dropped like a rock, while the Z06 has been, and will continue to hold steady. Simply because the performance is unbeatable for the price.

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 12-31-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned
I don't need mods to run low 12's........and your trap speed is nothing special.

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

12.3 @ 115 mph stock with a horrible 60 ft! Tune alone I will be running high 11's.....you can barely break 13's with bolt-ons and "Bling"

But hey, I drive an overpriced Toyota so what difference does it make

Last edited by 8speed; 12-31-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:52 AM

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

12.3 @ 115 mph stock with a horrible 60 ft! Tune alone I will be running high 11's.....you can barely break 13's with bolt-ons and "Bling"
Thanks for proving my point, and posting up more internet/magazine based info. Post up when you hit the track bud.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Thanks for proving my point, and posting up more internet/magazine based info. Post up when you hit the track bud.
Um no, that is an actual timeslip from an actual track........sooooo what magazine are you speaking of? And what other avenue besides the internet are we supposed to use when discussing cars in an internet forum? Good one!

Thanks for proving my point about being an incredulous fool who only speaks american muscle aka JUNK!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Um no, that is an actual timeslip from an actual track........sooooo what magazine are you speaking of? And what other avenue besides the internet are we supposed to use when discussing cars in an internet forum? Good one!

Thanks for proving my point about being an incredulous fool who only speaks american muscle aka JUNK!
Actually I'm a BMW tech, have 3 E46 M3s in my driveway right now, (one making just shy of 500rwhp) I also have an E36, and E39. Also work on numerous ITS/ITR race cars, and this year, a Koni Challenge '02 330ci (catch me on speed channel).

How about personal experience? If you have non, then you are probably just spreading misinformation, or bench racing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z06 vs Cayman