American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Z06 vs Cayman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:24 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 8speed
Um no, that is an actual timeslip from an actual track........sooooo what magazine are you speaking of? And what other avenue besides the internet are we supposed to use when discussing cars in an internet forum? Good one!

Thanks for proving my point about being an incredulous fool who only speaks american muscle aka JUNK!
Let's see the timeslip.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Actually I'm a BMW tech, have 3 E46 M3s in my driveway right now, (one making just shy of 500rwhp) I also have an E36, and E39. Also work on numerous ITS/ITR race cars, and this year, a Koni Challenge '02 330ci (catch me on speed channel).

How about personal experience? If you have non, then you are probably just spreading misinformation, or bench racing.

Guido 8speed hasnt been here but 30 days and is already making tons of "friends"

Last edited by amerlemans; 12-31-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
Hey I love you guys

Take what I say with a grain of salt........I respect American muscle and appreciate all opinions even though I agree with few

Old 12-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Actually I'm a BMW tech, have 3 E46 M3s in my driveway right now, (one making just shy of 500rwhp) I also have an E36, and E39. Also work on numerous ITS/ITR race cars, and this year, a Koni Challenge '02 330ci (catch me on speed channel).

How about personal experience? If you have non, then you are probably just spreading misinformation, or bench racing.

Cool Bad ***, I am happy for you bro. Keep us posted!

Personal experience? Other than driving performance cars for 20 years and writing for a couple different auto magazines back in the day (eurotuner) to name a few...........I guess I have none

Old 12-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Let's see the timeslip.
This is the fastest slip........bone stock on DR's. Say what you want, but you can't discount that this is a decent time for a 3,900 lbs four door lexus.....and you can't discount that high 11's with a tune are on the way from MHP where they are running 11.5's with their C63 with the same tune and a drop in filter

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-17075.html

Attached Images  

Last edited by 8speed; 12-31-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
This is the fastest slip........bone stock on DR's. Say what you want, but you can't discount that this is a decent time for a 3,900 lbs four door lexus.....and you can't discount that high 11's with a tune are on the way from MHP where they are running 11.5's with their C63 with the same tune and a drop in filter

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-17075.html

That is a pretty darn good time. I didn't realize the ISF weighed that much.

Everything is cool here. You are entitled to your opinions. I'm sure there are some that post in this section that don't care much for Euro or Japanese stuff. I'm not one of those......like I said before, I don't care what badge is on the hood. I'm a car guy.....if I like it, I like it.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by amerlemans
That is a pretty darn good time. I didn't realize the ISF weighed that much.

Everything is cool here. You are entitled to your opinions. I'm sure there are some that post in this section that don't care much for Euro or Japanese stuff. I'm not one of those......like I said before, I don't care what badge is on the hood. I'm a car guy.....if I like it, I like it.

Same here, that's why I check this forum out from time to time because I respect the Muscle from the heartland, and I respect most of the opinions in here. There is really so much more to life than buying a Z06, boosting it and foaming at the mouth to every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes in here about your 10 second passes and how every other car that isn't a vette or cobra sucks!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned
[quote=8speed;2196210]Same here, that's why I check this forum out from time to time because I respect the Muscle from the heartland, and I respect most of the opinions in here. There is really so much more to life than buying a Z06, boosting it and foaming at the mouth to every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes in here about your 10 second passes and how every other car that isn't a vette or cobra sucks![/quote]

There really is so much more to life than thinking one's car is the shiznitz (sp?....I'm not up with the lingo) which many people do.

IMO the M3 and Porsche guys are worse than Vette guys when it comes to "foaming at the mouth" about the badge on their hood and thinking they have a race car.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:28 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Same here, that's why I check this forum out from time to time because I respect the Muscle from the heartland, and I respect most of the opinions in here. There is really so much more to life than buying a Z06, boosting it and foaming at the mouth to every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes in here about your 10 second passes and how every other car that isn't a vette or cobra sucks!
Your 'respect' seems to be intermittent.

I think you may have missed the part where this is the 'American Car' part of the forum. If 'us' Vette and Cobra guys want to write about our cars, this seems to be the place to do it.

Re this specific thread, the OP asked about the Z06 vs a Cayman and us '10 second foaming mouth guys' responded.

Last edited by HIRISC; 01-01-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I don't care what track you are on --- with equal drivers a stock CaymanS will not beat a C6Z06 on any of them and I'd be surprised if it was even close.

I think the CaymanS is a fine car and is the best balanced, and handling car I have ever been in or owned. It is severely underpowered though. The low end torque is pretty much a joke.

I agree, the CaymanS is easier to drive.
See, I think that since I am a novice on the track I feel that since the Cayman is easier to drive faster and that is where it would win for me. What do I know you have owned both and I will trust your judgment on this. I hope to add a ZO6 or 7 GT3 in 09.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Your 'respect' seems to be intermittent.

I think you may have missed the part where this is the 'American Car' part of the forum. If 'us' Vette and Cobra guys want to write about our cars, this seems to be the place to do it.

Re this specific thread, the OP asked about the Z06 vs a Cayman and us '10 second foaming mouth guys' responded.
And so did "us" 12 second Toyota Prius guys

I agree, BMW and Porsche owners are the worst..............wait, that means me

Old 01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
See, I think that since I am a novice on the track I feel that since the Cayman is easier to drive faster and that is where it would win for me. What do I know you have owned both and I will trust your judgment on this. I hope to add a ZO6 or 7 GT3 in 09.
I'm no track expert by any stretch of the imagination and your thought process makes alot of sense to me....re: the CaymanS easier to drive faster. I know in the Z06 you can more easily find yourself in a crapload of trouble at the blink of an eye.

A GT3 or Z06??? Yes, I'll take one of each please

Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
The Z can be a handful on the track. For most novice drivers it is more car than you should have. I think a Cayman would be a great car for someone just getting into road courses and would be a lot of fun while you hone your skills.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
Anyone that thinks a stock Z06 rides rough is just a sally. If you want covered wagon ride quality, my Viper owns that. The Z06 feels like a luxury car compared to the Viper. I've been in a Cayman, and it wasn't that different at all from a Corvette in terms of ride quality.

Now, when people start slamming their Z06 all the way down on the adjustable bolts, that is when they begin to ride a little more harsh. Less travel in the shocks will do that.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Anyone that thinks a stock Z06 rides rough is just a sally. If you want covered wagon ride quality, my Viper owns that. The Z06 feels like a luxury car compared to the Viper. I've been in a Cayman, and it wasn't that different at all from a Corvette in terms of ride quality.

Now, when people start slamming their Z06 all the way down on the adjustable bolts, that is when they begin to ride a little more harsh. Less travel in the shocks will do that.
I agree 100% Nineball

btw, nice collection of cars. Are those Iforged Astras on the snake? I had them on my 996tt.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z06 vs Cayman