American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My TT build thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by revracer
Dang fancy fuel mods. How big of injectors? Solid axle or IRS. You arent to far off from running 9's on pump gas, I bet you cant wait.
Can't ya see the solid axle in the last pic?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 AM
TT_05_Stang is infamous around these parts
we have something in common

Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Dang fancy fuel mods. How big of injectors? Solid axle or IRS. You arent to far off from running 9's on pump gas, I bet you cant wait.
I'm gonna be running 80# injectors. I have a built solid axle. 9's in full street trim is my goal. I def cant wait!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Looking good, Shane. I'm looking forward to getting a ride.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Looking good, Shane. I'm looking forward to getting a ride.
Thanks, and same here Scott!

Well, I got a little more done last night. Sorry for the crappy cell pics, but I forgot my decent camera yesterday.
I finished wiring up the MDM. I originally thought that the MDM replaced the FPDM completely, but I guess it just manipulates the stock FPDM signals, and adds it's own power to the 3 pumps. I mounted it right behind my battery cut off switch. It was a really easy install, and overall I was really pleased with the quality of the Lethal performance fuel systm. Everything had great directions, and they were all quality pieces.

We had been waiting for the clutch that has been back ordered for months, but got tired of waiting and decided to just throw the motor in the car without the tranny.

I was so stoked to see a motor back in my car that I had to run to the bathroom and rub one out real quick after we dropped it in!

On a side note, my M+H DR's came in a couple weeks ago, and I was pretty surprised to see them arrive like this. I've never seen tires shipped like this.

They were folded in on themselves and then taped together for shipment. Very weird looking!

Hopefully I can make some more progress tomorrow.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Got some more progress this week, and today. While waiting on the clutch to get there, we decided to swap out my stock struts with some new Strange 10 way adjustables to help hook this thing.

Also took the bumper cover, bumper, heat exchanger, intercooler pump and accesories off, to make room for the turbos and intercooler.

The new Mcleoud RXT twin disk arrived. Rated to 1000 hp, witha light pedal. I hope.

Got the new friction surface in place on my Fidanza flywheel, then bolted the flywheel up.

Then mounted the Adapter ring and floater plate with the first clutch disk between it and the flywheel.

Then the second disk gets lined up.

Then the pressure plate is bolted on.

Getting the fresh from Liberty Gear Viper spec ready to go in.

After some coersion from four of us, Thanks Eddie, Paul, and Mauro, the tranny finally cooperated and slipped into place.

Also got the first box from Hellion in on Friday, unfortunately it was just wastegates, and turbo heat shields. Better than nothing I guess! Hopefully most of the rest of the kit will be here by the end of the week.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:20 PM
The rest of the turbo kit and my plenum arrive last week. Hopefully We can start putting the kit on Monday night after work.
This is the first set of turbos we have seen that have Hellion engraved on them instead of Turbonetics. Looks pretty sweet!

Cold side

Hot side.

I'm getting excited!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Man that things gonna haul. There twin 61mm's arent they? Have you thought about running the car on ethanol?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Man that things gonna haul. There twin 61mm's arent they? Have you thought about running the car on ethanol?
Yes, they are 61's. Ethanol isn't really available around here.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Got to work on it for a few hours last night. Started putting the turbo kit on. Hung the intercooler, then the turbos.

Here they are after I put the Grill and headlights back in.

I should be able to work on it all day Sunday, so hopefully I will make some good progress. I'll take my real camera so I can get some better pics also.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Got the intake, injectors and rails on tonight. Along with some other misc. crap that seems to take way too much time. Had to clearence the bottom of the plenum to clear the Sullivan rails. For some reason I refuse to remember my camera, so here are a couple ****ty pics of how the intake looks on the motor.

The power steering reservoir bracket, TB gasket, and a couple fuel fittings should be here Thursday, so i will put that stuff on then. Tomorrow night We should get more time on the turbo kit.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Got to work on it last night for a few more hours. Got the Down pipes, hot side, Wastegates, and oil return pump on. Everything is still loose, until everything is mounted then it will all be tightened up.

Oil return pump.

Drivers side Turbo and wastegate.

Thanks to Mauro and Stephen at Vitale Motorsports for giving me a hand last night. It's def a 2 man job trying to get everything lined up and bolted up.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
mustangrodtp is infamous around these parts
Looking good man. I am still a Mustang guy at heart. I can't wait to sell the Vette so I can go racing again!!

Old 03-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Throttle body, fuel lines, and alt. drive belt is all on now.

Ended up using the factory idler bracket and idlers for the Alt drive belt. It was the easiest, and most sturdy/reliable way to do it that we found. Even though it's not the prettiest.

Also notched the bottom of the bumper to allow more air to the intercooler.

Tomorrow Mauro is going to weld the mufflers on, and I'm gonna get the vacuum lines and hopefully the Eboost wired up. Then all that will be left is the intake tube to be fabbed up next week. Hopefully I will have a break in tune for it later in the week!
Anybody have an extra throttle bracket from an Eaton laying around before I order one Monday?

Old 03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Got the Exhaust all welded up, the O2's installed, and the wideband bung welded in. Then finished the oil return pump wiring. We powered up the car and flushed the lines before hooking it to the rails and pressure tested the whole system. Also got all the vacuum lines figured out and connected.
Here's the exhaust all welded up.

Tomorrow night, we should have the intake tube and Eboost installed. Then I'll be waiting on Ed to come up and put a break in tune on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My TT build thread