American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My TT build thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
josh2448 is infamous around these parts
Looks amazing so far. Those RPF1's looks great on there too.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by josh2448
Looks amazing so far. Those RPF1's looks great on there too.
Thanks. RPF1's arent too popular with the Mustang crowd, but I like them more and more every time I pick one up to put on the car! haha 15.9#'s for a 17x9" street rim is awesome!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Finally got the intake tube fabbed up last night. Here is the big *** Vortech blow off valve that come with the kit.

The piping that comes with the kit puts the valve just inside the engine bay, but it is kind of cramped up against the AC lines, so Mauro moved it down into the fender right before the engine bay.

We wanted as much straight piping as we could before the MAF, so it would have a nice clean signal to read. There is about 20" of straight here. We also used 3.5" aluminum pipe because the the 4" Mauro tried to use on the last car wasn't moving the air across the MAF at idle fast enough for a good reading.

You can see here where the base to mount the Shelby MAF is welded high up on the straight.

Tomorrow Mauro is gonna paint the pipe black, then bolt it up. I wired in the Eboost 2 last night, and all that is left is to run the vacuum lines from the MAC valves to the turbos, and wastegates. Then fill the tranny, motor, and cooling system with fluids. It should have a break in tune on Saturday, and hopefully the real deal done some time next week!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Tried to start it today and it just kept cranking. Apparently my boost-a-spark decided to die during it's 7 month break. Once we bypassed that, it fired right up. It was high idling great for warm up, then we noticed an oil leak under the car and we shut it down. Apparently when I put the fitting in the oil cooler to feed the turbos oil, I over tightened it and cracked the housing. Whoops. I guess I will be ordering it on Monday, and hopefully it will be here by Wednesday.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Took the turbos off and cleaned them out tonight. There was a decent amount in the drivers side turbo, inlet tube, and wastegate.
Put it all together again and let it idle for about 20 minutes. The idle was kinda confused since it still has the KB and 60# injector tune.
Heres a crappy cell video just to prove it runs! haha

Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Well we trailered the car down to Chesapeake to have Ed put a break in tune on the car. He said all the sensors looked great and he had it drivable in less than 30 minutes. I drove the car back from Chesapeake to Gloucester putting about 60 miles on the car. When we got back, it was still smoking and the mufflers had oil dripping out of the tips. So we took the exhaust off of the down pipes and cleaned it out as best we could. We then drove the car with open down pipes for about 10 miles and it still kept smoking. We then took the feed lines off the turbos and added oil flow restrictors to lower the pressure feeding the turbos. We are hoping that it is just the built motor with the Melling pump was just too much pressure for the turbo seals. Once we did that we drove it again with open down pipes and and it seemed to clear up. So we put the rest of the exhaust back on, and it started smoking again a little. Hopefully it is just residue left in the back half of the exhaust and it burns off tomorrow. It's starting to get pretty annoying.

If it does clear up, we should get it tuned on Saturday.

By the way, that face plated tranny is definitely gonna take some getting used to! haha

Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Poisoned Pony is infamous around these parts
badass buildup! I'm doing the same thing with my GT

Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
What ever happened to this car?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by revracer
What ever happened to this car?
I'm still trying to work the bugs out. First my rings didn't seat, so we re ringed it, now we just found a bad timing chain tensioner, so we will see what porblems it gives me next.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
I hope it works out for the best, the cars gonna be sick and your going to be very pleased with the results.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Kid^ 510 is infamous around these parts
Nice setup.