American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My TT build thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 PM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
My TT build thread

Well after having an exhaust valve problem in my last motor I decided to do the responsible thing and build a completely new motor and sell the KB. Replacing it with a Hellion twin 61mm kit. Thanks to Mauro at Vitale Motorsports building one this past summer and making me very jealous! The build got off to a slow start because I was working a ton of OT to be able to afford all this stuff, but it is finally starting to come together.
I was gonn use my block, crank, and rods, along with some new JE pistons, then as time went by Mauro came across a great deal on another block and crank with Billet Oliver rods, and a set of coated JE pistons, so I jumped on it, even though it ended up setting me back time wise even more.
Since the block had been sitting for a couple years, we had George Coleman deburr and dust the cylinder walls on the .020 block.

Heres the super cool pistons and rods. They should be able to handle anything I throw at them.

We put an oil drain back kit on the bottom from Livernois to help keep the oil where it's supposed to be. The crank is known for drawing in oil from the factory drains on the drivers side, and pressurizing the passenger side preventing it from returning to the pan. The drain back tubes get it past the crank. I'm also using a Melling oil pump since I've read about too many people having problems with the FRPP pumps.
(sorry for the crappy cell pics)

I went with a new set of castings from Livernois. These are stage II heads with their springs. Supposed to flow around 310 cfm on the intake side.

Exhaust

I went with a custom set of Comp cams that were spec'd for the twins by Modular Performance. Jason Steen assembled most of the motor and degreed the cams. One of the intake cams were right on, and one was 2* off.

Had to clearance the hold downs for the lift of the cams, even though they are only a 475 lift.

I'm using the factory lower intake from my car and had Jason port match the intake to allow the heads to do their thing.

I sat the lower intake and upper intake on the motor to see how it would look. I'm trying out the Procharger sheet metal upper. Top end power should not be a problem with it!

Hopefully when I get back from PA next week I will get the accessories put on and the tranny bolted up to drop back in the car. Then I'll work on the fuel system install, then the turbos.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Nice, Shane! I'm glad to see you posted a thread on this.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:38 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks bad *** man! Can't wait to see the burnout vids

Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks. Hopefully I'll have more pics by the end of next week.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Snacks has a spectacular aura aboutSnacks has a spectacular aura about
That's going to be one mean Terminator.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:34 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
First let me say Im a huge terminator fan. I love those cars even there flaws, hands down one of my favorite cars ever. Are you using a stock bottom end? 6 speed or 4r70? Im very anxious to see what your results yeild with the procharger intake. You have got to be one of the first to use the hellraiser kit without the blower.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Looks bad *** man! Can't wait to see the burnout vids
In as few months we'll have better vids than that. We'll have some of his TT Termi against my blown C6 Z06 and our buddy's 900+ rwhp Porsche.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by revracer
First let me say Im a huge terminator fan. I love those cars even there flaws, hands down one of my favorite cars ever. Are you using a stock bottom end? 6 speed or 4r70? Im very anxious to see what your results yeild with the procharger intake. You have got to be one of the first to use the hellraiser kit without the blower.
Haha, did you look at my pictures? It's def not a stock bottom end. Stock block, and crank, with Oliver Billet rods and Coated JE pistons.
I'm using my Viper spec T-56 that I just got back from Liberty gear.
I know of 2 other cars running the hellraiser kit without the blower, but they are both on stock motors. I also know of two more at Vitale Motorsports that are about to finished up.
Thanks, I love theses cars too, so much attitude.

Originally Posted by Snacks
That's going to be one mean Terminator.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
In as few months we'll have better vids than that. We'll have some of his TT Termi against my blown C6 Z06 and our buddy's 900+ rwhp Porsche.
I can't wait, I really missed having my car this past fall.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Well, ran into a little hiccup last night. The alternator wouldbn't clear the intake up top in the NA Cobra/Mach 1 position, so I'm either gonna run it off a seperate belt in the stock 03 Cobra position, using Prochargers brackets, or switch intakes, to allow for the NA location. Annoying. I'll figure out which way to go today, and work on the fuel system while awaitng the new parts needed for the alternator.
Anyone need a 03 Cobra lower intake and intercooler, or a Procharger upper? haha

Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
looks like its going to be a damn good set up. what kind of power are you hoping to make?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by My87Targa
looks like its going to be a damn good set up. what kind of power are you hoping to make?
Thanks, hoping for 750-800 hp on pump and 900-1000 on Meth.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
Shouldn't be a problem maken the power you want too. Tell mauro Schoneck says hi.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
We decided to try the Procharger Bracket and run the Alt in the stock location off a second belt. The bracket won't be here til Tuesday, so I had to find something else to work on. I decided to try to knock the fuel system out this weekend if I could.
Here is the stock tank dropped out.

Here is the stock fuel hat with the 2 stock pumps compared to the Fore billett hat with 3 Ford GT pumps.

Here is the tank with the new hat installed. The soldering iron I had wasn't really up to the big gauge pump wires, so I bought one on the way home tonight, and will try to get them all wired up tomorrow and get the fuel lines ran and the MDM wired in also.

A few days ago we got the followers, adjusters, and the covers on the motor. Then we knocked out the drivers side head freeze plug for the coolant crossover mod. This helps the water flow in the back of the head to keep from getting water dead ending and getting hot.

Also got the powder coated stock manifolds put on the other day. I'm probably gonna regret not blinging out the valve covers and timing cover with all the down time it's had over the past few months, but if it runs the way I hope, it won't bother me too much! haha

Old 02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Got the pump wires soldered up and the tank back in. Then I ran the 3 pump feed lines to the 3-1 Y block, trying to avoid the part of the spare tire well that my diff smacks and dents when I launch the car! haha The angle of the camera makes the lines look closer to the dent then they are.

Then I ran the line from the Y block to the Aeromotive fuel filter. Then I was gonna run the line up to the engine bay, but Lethal didn't supply enough line, so We are gonna have to give them a call tomorrow to see if they can hook us up.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Dang fancy fuel mods. How big of injectors? Solid axle or IRS. You arent to far off from running 9's on pump gas, I bet you cant wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My TT build thread