American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Advice on the New F250/350 Gassers.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Advice on the New F250/350 Gassers.

Was wondering if anyone here has a 2008 F250/350 super duty in the current generation (gasser V8 5.4 Motor) and if it has held up for you. My dodge lost third gear and its not worth fixing, been costing me job's every now and then due to the constant breakdowns so I am scrapping it.

Looking at a crew cab long bed 2x4 XLT MSRP is about 36K gave them a offer at about 23.5K and they are mulling it over. They agreed right off the bat for 10K off online it seems that 10-13K looks to be the prevailing discount off new right now. Unless you know of something different?

Anything I need to know or just buy it and beat on it for 4-5 years.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:16 AM
RAMMAN is infamous around these parts
The fleet I work for has dozens of these trucks. The trucks have held up well and the gasoline trucks have been mostly trouble free.
Our Power Stroke equipped models have been a different story and I couldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Bigdane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RAMMAN
The fleet I work for has dozens of these trucks. The trucks have held up well and the gasoline trucks have been mostly trouble free.
Our Power Stroke equipped models have been a different story and I couldn’t recommend them to anyone.
Exactly! My 6.4 has been the biggest piece of **** ever. The motor is completely blown and ford wont stand behind it. The body and interior has been greatr so i think the gasser would be alright.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:56 PM
RAMMAN is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bigdane
Exactly! My 6.4 has been the biggest piece of **** ever. The motor is completely blown and ford wont stand behind it. The body and interior has been greatr so i think the gasser would be alright.
Why won’t Ford help you?
I have a 08 F450 with less than 9000 miles on it in the shop right now for an engine replacement, warranty is covering everything. The dealer telling us that an injector failed and took out the engine, it was smoking blue out the exhaust real bad.

The 6.4 was supposed the cure for all the 6.0’s problems, so far ours seem just as bad or worse.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
My boss has 16k on his '08 F450. Numerous issues... He's on his second NAV unit/screen. Radiator blew once. Truck ate one of the turbos 2k miles ago, all covered under warranty.

The dealer actually TOLD him they would allow an aftermarket programmer to be used for towing our race trailer. We've kept it stock, and have had problems regardless. Seems like a common story.

The gas trucks I hear are fine, as above the interior is great! Only issue he's had was the NAV screen was pink and un-readable on cold mornings. Dealer stated it was a common problem, but most dont complain since it goes away when the cab is up to temp. Which of course is BS on a $65k truck, but it is what it is.