American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Mustang GT500 vs. Dodge Challenger SRT-8 vs. Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
That was a 2.3 second 60' you meat. Thats horrible.

And yes a bolt on CAM ONLY LS3 can make over 500 to the tire!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Daywalker
I would like to rest my case with this link.

http://members.streetfire.net/profil...f-the-Week.htm

lmfao........that guy is a horrible driver.....2.3+ 60ft and shifts slow as hell

that being said......Camaro > Challenger > Mustang

Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
ViperTT can be had for around $55K would put everything to shame,

Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Daywalker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
That was a 2.3 second 60' you meat. Thats horrible.

And yes a bolt on CAM ONLY LS3 can make over 500 to the tire!

With my car at a worse elevation track then that I had a 2.3 60 foot aswell and pulled a 13.2 at 108. That is a charger srt-8 with intake. It just says they are all close and there are lots of variencies, that makes it a variable/drivers race.

CAM only srt-8 300c made 530whp. I got a video if you like.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
I was touching on the fact that you said it can't be done. I disagree with just about every post you've made so far in this thread.

SRT8 is the best V8 to come from the Mopar camp in a long time. It's still not on par with the LSX motors. Not even close, nor is the aftermarket on the same level...yet.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daywalker
With my car at a worse elevation track then that I had a 2.3 60 foot aswell and pulled a 13.2 at 108. That is a charger srt-8 with intake. It just says they are all close and there are lots of variencies, that makes it a variable/drivers race.

CAM only srt-8 300c made 530whp. I got a video if you like.
Really? Can I get the same power gain on my JeepSRT-8?

Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Screamin911
I've heard rumors that Chevy is no longer going to make the SS model. Anyone else heard this?

You can pick up a C6 Z06 for mid $40s with low miles, that's what I would do!
SS Models are coming for sure. I should have my vin# next week

Originally Posted by SINISTR ZO6
You can get a manual now.
This is in reference to the Dodge and you can't get a manual right now. The factory has stopped sending them. I don't know why. I just talked with a dealer a week ago about it. Possibly the factory that makes the manuals hasn't been paid

I'd pick the Camaro-Dodge-Ford I'm a bit biased though. I've driven my ex-bro-in-laws GT500 and it's a pig. He's got bolt ons. Chips and new suspension and it's a horrible car to drive. I'm not saying the camaro is going to be great either I just love the looks.

My fully loaded RS/SS Camaro has a msrp of just under 39k out the door. With the $300 car cover. So not by any stretch do I expect it to be a top dog performer. The engines in my exotics cost more.

I just love the looks and think Chevy has hit a home run with this car. Saw my first production car yesterday and the whole car looks great. Steering wheel on down. The headlights of the RS are so trick in parking light mod.

I'm more excited about this car then my Scud coming in.

I'll definately mod the car. It needs to be lowered from the get go and who knows what else. I won't do it but I'll want some advice from you guys when I do.

my 2 cents

Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
SS Models are coming for sure. I should have my vin# next week

I'd pick the Camaro-Dodge-Ford I'm a bit biased though. I've driven my ex-bro-in-laws GT500 and it's a pig.

my 2 cents
and yet the ss weighs the same as the gt500.

tires, pulley, tune, gears, driver will get the gt500 into the mid tens at 125+!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The GT500 is at least 150 to 200 lbs heavier, and Mark I would love to go for a ride in the SS when you get it! And the GT500 is a great car, but even it can't compare to the Camaro in looks....as great as the 2010's look in person.

The Hemi/ non Hemi is a great engine, but it has along way to be up there with the LSx.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The GT500 is at least 150 to 200 lbs heavier, and Mark I would love to go for a ride in the SS when you get it! And the GT500 is a great car, but even it can't compare to the Camaro in looks....as great as the 2010's look in person.

The Hemi/ non Hemi is a great engine, but it has along way to be up there with the LSx.
the gt500 weighs in at 3850lbs for the base model. the same weight as the new camaro ss 6sp.

Originally Posted by GTSpartan
Not really,

Ford listed a curb weight of 3850 for the "base" Gt500 and 3920 curb for the loaded one.

These numbers look pretty close
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
According to SVT the 3920lbs that is quoted is a car fully wet and with the Mach 1000. According to SVT the Mach 1000 is 70lbs heavier than the Mach 500 due to the subwoofer enclosures and the extra amplicfication. If you remember Ford quoted the GT500 to be in the 3850 range initially, and that the Mach 1000 would not be available as the car was porky the pig to begin with.....

Dave

the camaro ss is listed at 3860lbs.
With 426 bhp and a 3860-lb. curb weight,
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=7921

Old 04-25-2009, 04:42 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Your right, I mistakenly used the V6 models curb weight....

If it weren't for the looks and newness of the Camaro I would say that a C6 Z06 would be the ticket. I would certainly pick it over the other two cars.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by germeezy1

yep no problem on the ride. i can't wait for it

Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Id like to see the video of this so called cam only SRT8 putting down 530whp. Ls3's are sick motors. The phrase Cam only is misleading as all get out. I didnt know cam only included fast 92/92, full exhaust, lifters, etc. With that said I like all of these cars, I would have one of each if I could. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them, they all sound, look, and run great.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Cam only moreoften refers to the fact that the heads are stock. Most people normally do full bolt ons, and then a cam, and/or heads and cam.

With the right parts, full bolt ons and a big cam will definately net over 500 to the tire. Stock LS3 heads are great, but of course theres always room for improvement

X2 on the 530rwhp SRT8. News to me. Maybe on a dynojet, with smoothing on 10002930202.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Stevenh is infamous around these parts
If all you care about is straight line speed and modability with these cars it really isn't even a debate... The GT-500 is the winner and thats that.

The power levels that the GT500 can reach for $2,000 will cost 4 times that in any of the other cars listed. Factory forced induction is a beautiful thing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT500 vs. Dodge Challenger SRT-8 vs. Chevy Camaro