American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Mustang GT500 vs. Dodge Challenger SRT-8 vs. Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
That has already been established, IMO the Camaro is 2nd because of how capable and easily moddable the LS3 is.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 PM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Daywalker
With my car at a worse elevation track then that I had a 2.3 60 foot aswell and pulled a 13.2 at 108. That is a charger srt-8 with intake. It just says they are all close and there are lots of variencies, that makes it a variable/drivers race.

When you say they are all close, you are excluding the shelby, right? Cause you know bone stock they have gone 12.2's at 117, which means you would have to be a real bad driver to make it a drivers race between the Camaro or the Charger.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by germeezy1
That has already been established, IMO the Camaro is 2nd because of how capable and easily moddable the LS3 is.
100%.

The only reason I personally wouldn't pick the 'Stang, is due to the 2010 model being on the horizon.

Which will severely affect resale value on the current GT500s. My local dealer as 3 on the front lot. All around $38/39 thousand.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Mods or Not I think the point of this thread is these are all pretty cool cars for their low entry point. I'd never own a Ford of any kind but the 3 of them really do a lot for American cars and they do it all for 35-40k. At least they've peaked the interest of 30-60 year olds.

That's awesome imho.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I agree, its a good time to be a car enthusiast!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Cam only moreoften refers to the fact that the heads are stock. Most people normally do full bolt ons, and then a cam, and/or heads and cam.

With the right parts, full bolt ons and a big cam will definately net over 500 to the tire. Stock LS3 heads are great, but of course theres always room for improvement

X2 on the 530rwhp SRT8. News to me. Maybe on a dynojet, with smoothing on 10002930202.
Yeah news to me too, But still wants to know the details,

Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I have a hard time knowing my Range Rover is more of a Hemi than the Hemi Challenger....

Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
yep no problem on the ride. i can't wait for it
And I can't wait to whip your butt in a drag race with my Jeep SRT-8.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:07 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
ok. but i get a few weeks practice. i don't know how to drive in a straightline. loser buys Starbucks

Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
ok. but i get a few weeks practice. i don't know how to drive in a straightline. loser buys Starbucks
Practice ? It's as brainless as it gets.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Can I race the winner....LOL...and I fear GC SRT8's....0-50 mph...

Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Can I race the winner....LOL...and I fear GC SRT8's....0-50 mph...
I usually drink a cup of Sbux a day but looks like I have to make an exception this time. Especially when it's FREE.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
with stock performance of the camaro i fear i'll be buying a lot of coffee's. i didn't buy this thing for performance. i just think it looks hot

Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I usually drink a cup of Sbux a day but looks like I have to make an exception this time. Especially when it's FREE.
The only free Strabucks will be the one I am drinking, LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
It;s ok buddy. Coffee are cheaper than buying more expensive car. Alright I'll unhook the NOZ.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT500 vs. Dodge Challenger SRT-8 vs. Chevy Camaro