American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Ford Raptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 AM
COBRA MAN OF UT is infamous around these parts
Keep bragging up the GM when push comes to shove FORD will be standing longer then GM oh by the way the new camaro will be a GTO all over again but 3 years at most. No matter what they do they will never sell more then a mustang its not a theory its a fact after all what car had to be cancelled for 6 years LOL.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:12 AM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SINISTR ZO6
What does the ZO6 being lighter then the ZR1 have to do with this? I know that. The ZR1 is heavier not just due to the blower and intercooler. There are other factors too. I have read that GM's goal is to not make the Z28 any heavier then the SS.
they cant. add 200/300 lbs of stuff and you want it to the weigh the same? all while keeping within all the national regulation and safety standards and still keep up with gms own quality and control for durability and longevity?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I'd rock one. Of all the sports cars I've owned I still like my truck the best......

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by COBRA MAN OF UT
Keep bragging up the GM when push comes to shove FORD will be standing longer then GM oh by the way the new camaro will be a GTO all over again but 3 years at most. No matter what they do they will never sell more then a mustang its not a theory its a fact after all what car had to be cancelled for 6 years LOL.
Ha, are you a fanboy or what man?

I had a Cobra, what a piece. It had a damn recall for a head fix because it wasn't making the power Ford said it should. So after that mess no more Fords for me.

The Mustang was outsold by the Challenger this year by the way, by alot.

The Camaro is the best bang for the buck out of the three, and has over 18,000 orders before the first car was even delieved.

Last edited by SINISTR; 03-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by richtor
they cant. add 200/300 lbs of stuff and you want it to the weigh the same? all while keeping within all the national regulation and safety standards and still keep up with gms own quality and control for durability and longevity?
What blower/intercooler combo weighs 300 pounds?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
I thought this was about the Ford Raptor, right? No one else thinks it's an awesome truck?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by pondjumper
I thought this was about the Ford Raptor, right? No one else thinks it's an awesome truck?
Ha, sorry man. We'll get back on track.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
TomsMustangGT is infamous around these parts

I had a Cobra, what a piece. It had a damn recall for a head fix because it wasn't making the power Ford said it should. So after that mess no more Fords for me.

The Mustang was outsold by the Challenger this year by the way, by alot.

The Camaro is the best bang for the buck out of the three, and has over 18,000 orders before the first car was even delieved.
I take it that you had a 1999 to 2001 Cobra?

Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 AM

So u had a 99 cobra the reason why that year cobra had so many issues was because that is when the development phase of the terminator was going on.

Mustang was outsold by the challenger huh got proof of that statement?

Best bank for the buck does not mean anything lets see if the S.S demands $15-25k over sticker for over a year and half and actually sell cars like the GT500 did. That just goes to show when a car sells over msrp its in demand a want that people want it so bad that will pay more then they should to get it what camaro has ever done that? Back in 2003 the first shipment of terminators were going $5,000-$10,000 over and GM could not give away an S.S.....

How do u like the big rumor now that they are going to scrap the convertible?

The mustang was outsold by the challenger this year by alot hahahahahahahahahaha really did u really just say that? So the month of FEB consists of a year now are u really that stupid is ur name Rick Wagnor by chance?

Was??? U mean 2008 right? Becuase I did not know that a year consists of a few months now.

Monday January 5, 2009
Today Ford Motor Company released its year-end sales figures for 2008. According to the company, sales of the Ford Mustang were down 32.2 percent in 2008. In all Ford moved 91,251 Mustangs last year. In 2007 the company moved 134,626.

91,251 in 2008

Dodge Challenger 2008 Sales:
  • December - 2,602
  • November - 3,364
  • October - 3,014
  • September - 2,376
  • August - 2,077
  • July - 2,895
  • June - 1,024
  • May - 71
  • April - 0
  • Source: Chrysler
  • 17,432 total hmmmm I know what ur going to say not fair there are 5 months during that time it was not availible for sale lets just say the challanger sold 10,000 cars each of those missing 5 months( ya right but I will humor you) nearly triple there best month of november that is 68,032 hmmm still comming up short of that quote of yours that the challanger out sold mustang last year. LOL.
And ur a fine one to say anthing about GM what is the most depreciated american car right now a Z06 a 2008 MSRP $78,775 2lz with nav Z06 in less then one year and under 5,000 miles market value is $52,000 now or less. a $26,000 and change depreciation in one year. Yet a GT500 still sells with in $10,000 of its MSRP with the same miles. I did not see FORD crying on the hill saying it was over they need a bailout to survive now did I? Ford was the only one who had liquid cash all they asked for was a line a credit and got the least of the big 3.... Gm has lost how many 10"s of billions in the last 2 years. As a camaro fan what is ur excuse for the cancellaction of the camaro the first time huh? Here I will tell u they did not sell anymore. Can u stand up and admit that. What does every manufacture care about not how much power or fast or how it handles they care about how many they can sell.....

Are u done now or should I own u some more just let me know because honeslty right now is not the time to be a chevy fan boy and bragging at the same time......

Last edited by COBRA MAN OF UT; 03-31-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 AM
So u had a 99 cobra the reason why that year cobra had so many issues was because that is when the development phase of the terminator was going on.

Mustang was outsold by the challenger huh got proof of that statement?

Best bank for the buck does not mean anything lets see if the S.S demands $15-25k over sticker for over a year and half and actually sell cars like the GT500 did. That just goes to show when a car sells over msrp its in demand a want that people want it so bad that will pay more then they should to get it what camaro has ever done that? Back in 2003 the first shipment of terminators were going $5,000-$10,000 over and GM could not give away an S.S.....

How do u like the big rumor now that they are going to scrap the convertible?

The mustang was outsold by the challenger this year by alot hahahahahahahahahaha really did u really just say that? So the month of FEB consists of a year now are u really that stupid is ur name Rick Wagnor by chance?

Was??? U mean 2008 right? Becuase I did not know that a year consists of a few months now.

Monday January 5, 2009
Today Ford Motor Company released its year-end sales figures for 2008. According to the company, sales of the Ford Mustang were down 32.2 percent in 2008. In all Ford moved 91,251 Mustangs last year. In 2007 the company moved 134,626.

91,251 in 2008

Dodge Challenger 2008 Sales:
  • December - 2,602
  • November - 3,364
  • October - 3,014
  • September - 2,376
  • August - 2,077
  • July - 2,895
  • June - 1,024
  • May - 71
  • April - 0
  • Source: Chrysler
  • 17,432 total hmmmm I know what ur going to say not fair there are 5 months during that time it was not availible for sale lets just say the challanger sold 10,000 cars each of those missing 5 months( ya right but I will humor you) nearly triple there best month of november that is 68,032 hmmm still comming up short of that quote of yours that the challanger out sold mustang last year. LOL.
And ur a fine one to say anthing about GM what is the most depreciated american car right now a Z06 a 2008 MSRP $78,775 2lz with nav Z06 in less then one year and under 5,000 miles market value is $52,000 now or less. a $26,000 and change depreciation in one year. Yet a GT500 still sells with in $10,000 of its MSRP with the same miles. I did not see FORD crying on the hill saying it was over they need a bailout to survive now did I? Ford was the only one who had liquid cash all they asked for was a line a credit and got the least of the big 3.... Gm has lost how many 10"s of billions in the last 2 years. As a camaro fan what is ur excuse for the cancellaction of the camaro the first time huh? Here I will tell u they did not sell anymore. Can u stand up and admit that. What does every manufacture care about not how much power or fast or how it handles they care about how many they can sell.....

Are u done now or should I own u some more just let me know because honeslty right now is not the time to be a chevy fan boy and bragging at the same time......
Do you want to come of like a 10 year old fanboy, or do you want to have an adult discussion here? If your gonna call members names newbie with 18 posts your be gone before you know it. Try acting a little more civil if you want anyone to talk to you....with that said, here is my side.

What does the companies situation have to do with the actual cars themselves in this case? Nothing. If you think Ford is in good shape your really a lost cause. You prove your case when you said my '99 Cobra was a POS because they were working on the supercharged Cobra that came out over 3 years later? Are you serious? So that's a reason to make an inferior car and give thousands of buyers a hard time about fixing the car until a class action lawsuit was brought on them? Maybe if you owned one of those cars you'd feel my side of things man.

The GT500 didn't sell at the rate and price you said for anywhere nearly that long. And who cares if it did? Again, has nothing to do with our discusion on the three cars above does it? The dealer by my house has three, sitting....for a while. This past year was Mustangs worst sales year in a long, long time. Because the car is underpowered for the price and times are tuff.

The Challenger also looks much better as does the Camaro. Bank for the buck, say what you want about it not meaning anything, that's only beacuse the Mustang is the worst choice. Or you'd be saying bank for the buck was important now wouldn't you, honestly? The Camaro is the best choice overall. If your honest, not a fanboy you can't deny that. Even the V6 runs a 5.9 and a 14.1. Mustangs GT's weren't even running that a few years ago. The 'vert isn't getting scrapped either. Times are tuff and GM can't do what they want anymore. Neither can Ford or Chrysler.

And as for the sales, since there was not a full Challenger line until this year how could I have been talking about that? I mean 2009, from Jan until now, the Mustang has takin a back seat and continues to do so. It's the facts, nothing more.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/13/d...month-and-ytd/

Now try to keep on our topic and be civil.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok fine........ but ur words did not say so far in 2 months the challenger has sold more then the mustang right?

Once again the manufacture cares about sales. The camaro has had more power since 1993 275hp vs a 235hp cobra the camaro had a 6spd 10 years before the mustang did in a production car (not counting the 2000r) but yet what still sold and sales today the MUSTANG. the mustang has never been scrapped or thought to be on the chopping block....

And yes the GT500 its first year out u could not buy one less then $10,000 over MSRP and they sold the point is lets see if the camaro will be like that a car that people want so bad they will pay more money then they should for it. Take the ZR1 they still are getting $15,000 or more over MSRP why because there are more people that want them then cars availible.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
We were talking about what car was best to buy now, so sales don't matter when it comes to that choice. The Mustang outsold the 4th gen F-Body, but we all know the F-Body was the better car out of the box.

The Mustang was on the chopping block twice. It technically went away unless you wanna count the Mustang II as a real Mustang. And the other time was in 1988 when the Probe came out. Just at the last minute they deceided to keep the Mustang and add the Probe to the line.

As for the GT500 price markups, that is a limited editon car, the SS is not. So you won't see any mark-ups until down the road if the Z28 comes out.

IMO it doesn't matter if your a GM, Ford or Chrysler guy. It's still an American car and the whole industry is hurting. Even with all the BS I went through I still wouldn't wanna see Ford go under........

Ok fine........ but ur words did not say so far in 2 months the challenger has sold more then the mustang right?

Once again the manufacture cares about sales. The camaro has had more power since 1993 275hp vs a 235hp cobra the camaro had a 6spd 10 years before the mustang did in a production car (not counting the 2000r) but yet what still sold and sales today the MUSTANG. the mustang has never been scrapped or thought to be on the chopping block....

And yes the GT500 its first year out u could not buy one less then $10,000 over MSRP and they sold the point is lets see if the camaro will be like that a car that people want so bad they will pay more money then they should for it. Take the ZR1 they still are getting $15,000 or more over MSRP why because there are more people that want them then cars availible.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
As for the GT500 price markups, that is a limited editon car, the SS is not. So you won't see any mark-ups until down the road if the Z28 comes out.
the gt500 has never been limited. 10k every year for how many years is not what i call limited. i dont believe they sell that many z06 a year, and i would not call them limited.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
maiko is infamous around these parts
nice. a factory baja truck. i'd hit it.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
josh2448 is infamous around these parts
Wow, thread turned into Ford Vs. Chevy. I have owned both and had major problems with both.

I am digging this truck though, big time