American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Ford Raptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 AM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
Ford Raptor

I'm not really a truck guy, but I'm in love with this thing. Gonna try and get one when it comes out later this year.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
What a waste this thing is IMO. Ford, like most automakers aren't in the best place now and they bring out this thing? Money could have been better spent on something else then tring to market a truck nobody that buys will use as intended.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:00 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
What a waste this thing is IMO. Ford, like most automakers aren't in the best place now and they bring out this thing? Money could have been better spent on something else then tring to market a truck nobody that buys will use as intended.
It didn't cost them much. I don't think it'll have any problem selling, especially with the new motor. And Ford is muuuuuch better off than any other American automaker.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
I think it's a great truck. The videos on youtube show how well the truck truly handles off-road.
My brother wants to buy the 6.0 when that motor is introduced on that model. (I believe it's a 6.0).

edit: 6.2 LOL

Last edited by ROD; 03-23-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:20 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pondjumper
It didn't cost them much. I don't think it'll have any problem selling, especially with the new motor. And Ford is muuuuuch better off than any other American automaker.
I said it won't be used as intended....still IMO a waste. I'd rather see a real SVT Mustang, or even Fusion.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:51 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
they have a real svt mustang! and this truck will do more than the lightning could ever dream of!!! how many lifted trucks are on the roads today? and how many handle like garbage?(hint hint: all of the them) the raptor is all that a truck should be....high enough to clear obstacles and one that handles great on road and spectacular off road! all for the price of a lifted full size 4x4!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by richtor
they have a real svt mustang! and this truck will do more than the lightning could ever dream of!!! how many lifted trucks are on the roads today? and how many handle like garbage?(hint hint: all of the them) the raptor is all that a truck should be....high enough to clear obstacles and one that handles great on road and spectacular off road! all for the price of a lifted full size 4x4!
The GT500 is not an SVT. And if this truck was more like a Lighting it would make more sense and sell better. Honestly, who wants a Baja-like off roader? A very small percentage I'd bet. But going by the pic in your sig, I'd say you LOL.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
The GT500 is not an SVT. And if this truck was more like a Lighting it would make more sense and sell better. Honestly, who wants a Baja-like off roader? A very small percentage I'd bet. But going by the pic in your sig, I'd say you LOL.
actually svt designed and engineered the entire gt500! and did a damn good job. however it does have one flaw. the very same flaw as the 03/04 mustang svt. its too heavy. its 300lbs heavier than the mustang gt(3850 vs 3550). the 03/04 svt mustang was indeed 300lbs heavier than the mustang gt as well(3650 vs 3350).

would i be nutz to say a stock 6.2 raptor would run lap times(road course) faster than the stock 04 lightning????

Old 03-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
maybe because i am not into trucks...
not really feeling the look...

Old 03-21-2009, 08:37 PM
TomsMustangGT is infamous around these parts
Hopefully the 6.2 will be offered in the rest of the F150 lineup.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:24 PM
actually svt designed and engineered the entire gt500! and did a damn good job. however it does have one flaw. the very same flaw as the 03/04 mustang svt. its too heavy. its 300lbs heavier than the mustang gt(3850 vs 3550). the 03/04 svt mustang was indeed 300lbs heavier than the mustang gt as well(3650 vs 3350).

would i be nutz to say a stock 6.2 raptor would run lap times(road course) faster than the stock 04 lightning????
The GT500 is NOT considered an "SVT" car.

And I agree, it's a fatty.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:17 PM
A factory-lifted truck with a warranty makes less sense than a lowered and supercharged truck that can't handle?

I dunno about that. I see dozens of lifted trucks everyday but not many lowered performance trucks. I guess only time will tell on this one.

However, this will be used as a springboard for the 6.2 that should trickle down to the regular models.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:18 AM
The GT500 is NOT considered an "SVT" car.

And I agree, it's a fatty.

the gt500 is a svt car and has svt plastered all over the car!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 AM
the gt500 is a svt car and has svt plastered all over the car!
Well then my friend got screwed, his doesn't say SVT anywhere....

Old 03-22-2009, 07:04 PM
anywhere?

Well then my friend got screwed, his doesn't say SVT anywhere....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ford Raptor