American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Bone Stock Viper in the 10's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:41 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Bone Stock Viper in the 10's?

I bought a new Viper Convertible this past friday and decided to take it out to a 6 speed rental this morning at Mir Raceway in Maryland. I was only able to log about a 100 miles on the car before going to the track so their might be some more et in it after break in, but here are some of the best runs I made today. Pretty impressive for any car but a bone stock one with 100 miles really blows me away!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
Nice passes, strong off the showroom floor... gotta love that.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Didn't your Z run 10's stock? Or was that Ranger?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
jimmy is infamous around these partsjimmy is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Good job Jamie! It was a good day but man you pulled out a 10sec run,wow! I almost had you in the GTR( I saw you looking out you side window) on the one run in bobs GTR. Good day for everyone as we had 3 10sec GTRs and the Viper and the black benz going 10's!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
snakebite52 is infamous around these parts
wow. you finally did it! you post this on the club yet?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
hemi_fan is infamous around these parts
You didn't get the ACR in the 10's did you?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
CHEMPOWR is infamous around these parts
I don't believe you ran in the 10s!! Anyone can make time slips!!

Oh, I guess I was there and witnessed it. Quite incredible. Good job Jamie. It was great to meet you today.

Scott

Last edited by CHEMPOWR; 03-23-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
wow nice runs.. this is with the 8.4L engine right?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:19 PM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jamie furman
I bought a new Viper Convertible this past friday and decided to take it out to a 6 speed rental this morning at Mir Raceway in Maryland. I was only able to log about a 100 miles on the car before going to the track so their might be some more et in it after break in, but here are some of the best runs I made today. Pretty impressive for any car but a bone stock one with 100 miles really blows me away!

sweet times.....awesome garage line up too. I want each of those cars!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SINISTR ZO6
Didn't your Z run 10's stock? Or was that Ranger?
Yes my Z has made the only 10 second pass in a Bone Stock Z06 as showroom delivered.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by CHEMPOWR
I don't believe you ran in the 10s!! Anyone can make time slips!!

Oh, I guess I was there and witnessed it. Quite incredible. Good job Jamie. It was great to meet you today.

Scott
Scott nice meeting you as well and hope we can all do it again soon!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Sniz is infamous around these parts
Jamie,
Great seeing you out there again enjoying your cars. You went from frustration to jubilation once you hit that 10.9x.

LAUNCH HARDER!!!

Here are the pics I got of your Viper today.

the rest from the day of all the car can be found here: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...ia-thread.html

I wasnt using my good glass today but these still turned out pretty good. All completely unedited.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Thanks Matt and great pics! You would have to post my worst run of the day against the Z06 which happened to be one of his best! But hey let me give props to Mike, he was driving that Z06 and the cars are close to begin with and you have to be perfect to beat a Z and I wasn't on that run! Also wanted to give props to Ahmad for that 10.78 run in the Benz which was a record for no nitrous I believe, and to those GTR guys who busted off some 10's with minimal mods was impressive as well!

Last edited by jamie furman; 03-24-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Sniz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Thanks Matt and great pics! You would have to post my worst run of the day against the Z06 which happened to be one of his best! But hey let me give props to Mike, he was driving that Z06 and the cars are close to begin with and you have to be perfect to beat a Z and I wasn't on that run! Also wanted to give props to Ahmad for that 10.78 run in the Benz which was a record for no nitrous I believe, and to those GTR guys who busted off some 10's with minimal mods was impressive as well!

haha...yeah sorry man. Those are the only pics that I got. I was just watching for the 10.92 run, didnt have my camera in hand.

Ahmad's runs were very impressive, he could bracket race that beast.

Here are the passes from the day:

10:34AM 10.825 @ 126.45
12:04PM 10.790 @ 126.84
1:06PM 10.783 @ 127.16
1:10PM 10.888 @ 126.28
1:13PM 10.887 @ 125.90
3:21PM 10.966 @ 125.25
3:25PM 10.824 @ 125.52

Best 60' = 1.527
Worst 60' = 1.575
Best 1/8 ET = 6.919 (ran this exact 1/8 time three times!)
Best 1/8 Trap = 100.92mph

Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 AM
xsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud of
wow great times!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bone Stock Viper in the 10's?