American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

I need some feedback about SVT Cobras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 AM
SlayerLegend has a spectacular aura aboutSlayerLegend has a spectacular aura about
There is quite a bit of info here, but if you want some REAL information about these cars, go to ModularFords.com and ask all the questions you want in the Cobra section that fits your needs. There are much more knowledgable people there that can give you much better answers. Not saying people on here are not, but a lot of the guys there live and die for the cars.

IMO i love it. Yes its a rough ride, reaching the shifter is a mile away from the driver seat, they are stupid loud and many more negatives. If you can get past these basic negatives (which dont bother me) you will love the car. If you cant, there are so many available parts that can help you get past the negatives. Pay less for the car vs a Corvette and add the parts, you might be a happier person in the end.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 AM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SINISTR ZO6
Yeah a SVT Cobra has nothing to do with a thread titled "SVT Cobra"....

Blower or not, it's same basic engine and same car.
The only similarities between a 99-01 and an 03-04 is the shape of the sheet metal and the displacement of the engine. They have different blocks, rods, pistons, heads, cams, power adder, transmission, irs, wheels tires, seats, and a ton of other little things.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Banned
11Past9 is infamous around these parts11Past9 is infamous around these parts11Past9 is infamous around these parts
Yeah a SVT Cobra has nothing to do with a thread titled "SVT Cobra"....

Blower or not, it's same basic engine and same car.
No it is not. Now listen to this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBzC6P-M5oI[/media]

Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Christian
Buy an 03' if you are going to buy a Cobra, you can make more power with this year than the others

Christian
Why is that different then a '04?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 11Past9
No it is not. Now listen to this
Link is broken, either way, the car is still 90% the same.....

No biggie, not dissin' Terminators. I'm just glad I don't have my Cobra anymore.

IMO for the money a C5 ZO6 is a better overall car. Especially is handling and braking matter to you. Only thing that sucks is the "Vette Tax". But, hey I might be a little biased.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Banned
11Past9 is infamous around these parts11Past9 is infamous around these parts11Past9 is infamous around these parts
Link is broken, either way, the car is still 90% the same.....

No biggie, not dissin' Terminators. I'm just glad I don't have my Cobra anymore.

IMO for the money a C5 ZO6 is a better overall car. Especially is handling and braking matter to you. Only thing that sucks is the "Vette Tax". But, hey I might be a little biased.
So what I take it from your statement is that you are trying to say 10% consists of:

Iron block vs Aluminum

N/A vs. S/C

Internals are not the same

IRS is different

Transmission is different...

That's the biggest 10% I've ever heard of. I smell fanboi.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Why is that different then a '04?
From what I understand the internals are much stronger in the 03'

Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
So what I take it from your statement is that you are trying to say 10% consists of:

Iron block vs Aluminum

N/A vs. S/C

Internals are not the same

IRS is different

Transmission is different...

That's the biggest 10% I've ever heard of. I smell fanboi.
Fanboi? Grow up, you've been here less then a month.

If you think the parts and changes you listed make up much more then 10% of a car your jaded. I was saying 10% as an overall figure. The cars share a platform and most of the same parts. Overall the are they are same car. I didn't say anything bad about the '03-'04 Cobras, if anything your the "fanboi".

This place is going downhill fast, can't seem to have a adult conversation anymore without someone resorting to name calling and childish statements....Seems like alot of these new members like this "kid" think they know it all, when they actually know nothing.

Last edited by SINISTR; 04-08-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Hum, I never heard that, thought they all were forged.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned
Fanboi? Grow up, you've been here less then a month.

If you think the parts and changes you listed make up much more then 10% of a car your jaded. I was saying 10% as an overall figure. The cars share a platform and most of the same parts. Overall the are they are same car. I didn't say anything bad about the '03-'04 Cobras, if anything your the "fanboi".

This place is going downhill fast, can't seem to have a adult conversation anymore without someone resorting to name calling and childish statements....
How long I have been a member of a particular forum is irrelevant and clearly worth squat considering you've been on here 12 times longer than I and seem to know somewhere between jack and **** regarding the cars you are saying are 90% the same. I would say engine internals, block, forced induction, a different transmission and suspension are the only thing that really matter and far greater than 10% of the car considering the rest is just interior, sheet metal and frame...

P.S. rinse the sand out of your vagina, the world is a hard place and if you can't take "name calling" then maybe you should live or post elsewhere. I have more respect for a childish statement than pure concentrated ignorance. Owning a Z06 does not instantly inject knowledge into you.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I would say engine internals, block, forced induction, a different transmission and suspension are the only thing that really matter
I won't even waste my time with you, and you say I'm the "fanboi".

Have a nice day.

Last edited by SINISTR; 04-08-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't think you even know what one is. Otherwise you would not have quoted that and followed up with your remark. You first said that the 1999 SVT Cobra is 90% of the car the 2003 is, then you went on a rant about how the ZO6 is a better car when no one asked, nor compared. It's best that you don't waste your time on me, considering the more you say the more fuel and evidence I have on you and the case of "SINISTR ZO6 is an idiot and does not know what he's talking about".
The '99 is 90% the same car, adding a gear, changing like two things on the IRS (which is from a Mark 8 by the way) and changing some of the engine materials and adding FI does not equate to 50% or more of a cars total composition like your little mind seems to think. A C5 was mentioned before in this thread by the way, and I never said the C5 ZO6 was a better car, I said it's the better "overall" car, which it is. Don't come on here and start attacking members. You'll be gone before you know it and not one person will show an ounce of respect for you and your so called knowledge....

Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Take this lightly but that is incorrect information...

Both years are mirrored basically; one quick way to tell it's an 03 or 04 is the different colored door key hole rings for each years, one is black and one is chrome.

Other than that and the 03 tick issues with earlier year versions (valve guides) all are the same.

As another member pointed out... modfods and or certain areas on SVTPerformance are a wealth of information.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Banned
Don't come on here and start attacking members. You'll be gone before you know it and not one person will show an ounce of respect for you and your so called knowledge....
Don't threaten me, learn to take it when someone tells you that you are friggen wrong. I do not care if I get respect from people like you or not, respect means nothing from someone who doesn't have a clue. You tried to compare the 1999 SVT Cobra to an 03-04 essentially saying it was garbage because yours had three RECALLS.

Would you like the list of amazing cars that had RECALLS?! Would you like me to pull them up? C5 Corvettes, C6, BMW M3's, Audi's, PORSCHES even! Whoopie!

The 2003-2004 SVT Cobra is reliable, strong, fast, it looks and sounds great and can be made to handle as well as a Corvette with the right touch and nothing matches its power per dollar ratio.

/ fread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Don't threaten me, learn to take it when someone tells you that you are friggen wrong. I do not care if I get respect from people like you or not, respect means nothing from someone who doesn't have a clue. You tried to compare the 1999 SVT Cobra to an 03-04 essentially saying it was garbage because yours had three RECALLS.

Would you like the list of amazing cars that had RECALLS?! Would you like me to pull them up? C5 Corvettes, C6, BMW M3's, Audi's, PORSCHES even! Whoopie!

The 2003-2004 SVT Cobra is reliable, strong, fast, it looks and sounds great and can be made to handle as well as a Corvette with the right touch and nothing matches its power per dollar ratio.

/ fread
Are you aware the main recall was because there was a class action suit because the car wasn't making anywhere near the power it was supposted to? And they had to do HEAD WORK on my 6 month old car? Not because a ABS sensor can go bad or some BS like that, I'd be cool with that. I owned one and delt with the horrors. Did you, no, and I think that would change your mind too if you delt with it on a new near 30K car like I had to. Even with that being said, I never said anything was wrong with the '03-'04 Cobras either or called then "garbage" like you said I did. I have a few freinds with them, and go to the track and on cruises with them monthly. But equal money spent on a Cobra will never make it handle like a C5Z either, my buddy can attest to that. The balance just isn't there in the chassis.

Either way I think we've ruined the OP's thread enough....

Last edited by SINISTR; 04-08-2009 at 08:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need some feedback about SVT Cobras