American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

z06 tracking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 AM
fastz33 is infamous around these parts
z06 tracking?

who here tracks their c6 z06? not on a quarter mile either i mean a track like willow springs. how does the car handle? i need some info. thanks guys!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
I've tracked mine, and look forward to going again soon. Handling is excellent, and the torque of the 7.0L LS7 is great for using the throttle to force oversteer when needed. My only gripe about tracking the Corvette is that the seats suck for lateral support. The car is very point-n-shoot and can make most novice drivers appear better than they really are. By comparison, tracking my supercharged Viper is far more demanding skill-wise and more challenging. I feel more confident in the Z06, but the adrenaline rush is greater in the Viper.

Tony

Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
A stock Z06 is a good track car. Not great but very good. The seats give no support and should have never been put in this car.

If you are looking to just have some fun and run some laps the car is very capable and fast.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM
fastz33 is infamous around these parts
thats a beautiful z06
is the stearing wheel tight or loose?
how does it do in the short tight corners?
see coz of my 350z im very used to driving in the tight canyons. so idk how that is gonna be in the z06

Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
If your a good driver a ZO6 is very rewarding, but it is a harder car to drive then a 350Z. And it can bite if you're not careful. My guess is you would love it.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM
CraZee ZO6 is infamous around these parts
ZO6 is a very raw feeling car.
A drivers car and very rewarding for the ones who can really throw her around.

I love mine.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fastz33
thats a beautiful z06
is the stearing wheel tight or loose?
how does it do in the short tight corners?
see coz of my 350z im very used to driving in the tight canyons. so idk how that is gonna be in the z06
Chevy revised the steering in '08+ on the Z06. It has a variable steering system now, although I've not heard anyone complain about the '06-07 steering. The Z06 is very precise, easy to navigate tight corners. It makes people appear to be better drivers than they really are. The electronic gizmos also help in the corners, more than most people think. The Viper has none of that electronic stuff, and it is very evident on a road course.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Mr.Corvette is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fastz33
who here tracks their c6 z06? not on a quarter mile either i mean a track like willow springs. how does the car handle? i need some info. thanks guys!
The C6 Z06 is a great handling car from the factory. Put coil-overs, brakes and slicks on the car and not much can touch you. I have that, plus another 100hp and it's a thrill to drive.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Tzzird is infamous around these parts
You'd be better off asking this question at corvetteforum.com.

This thread might be helpful to you:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...r-may-1-a.html