American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

ZR1 spotted in Jersey, please tell me this isn't a factory option..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 AM
adelg696969 is infamous around these parts
ZR1 spotted in Jersey, please tell me this isn't a factory option..

spotted at the Somerville NJ car show, no offense to the owner/driver but...... that spoiler has to go.

thoughts?

Cell phone pic sorry

Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Would be a nice spoiler for a track car but not so much for a street car.

and no it is not a factory option

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
cotenseto is infamous around these parts
That is horrendous!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
That is pretty rough, but it would seem like it would make it faster on the track...

Old 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Acheron is infamous around these parts
For track, adjusted correctly it would work quite well. Couple a front splitter, some well placed cannards and a rear diffusor you would have an incredible track car for high speed handling. Street...... eh not so much by itself lol. To each their own though.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
G35_Coupe is infamous around these parts
I could be wrong, but that spoiler is way too straight and flat to be as effective on the track as you'd think it would be. I can't really see if it has any curvature to it, it just looks flat and a single straight line.

Most if not all track wings this size come looking very curvy and not flat and straight like this one, the design of this wing actually reminds me of those $50 Ebay aluminum spoilers that ricers put on their Civics, one of these in the pic here...

This is an actual track spoiler here

Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
gross

Old 05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Some people have all their taste in their mouths.

J

Old 05-29-2009, 06:48 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
That is horrific.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 AM
pbfoot is infamous around these partspbfoot is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by G35_Coupe
I could be wrong, but that spoiler is way too straight and flat to be as effective on the track as you'd think it would be. I can't really see if it has any curvature to it, it just looks flat and a single straight line.

Most if not all track wings this size come looking very curvy and not flat and straight like this one, the design of this wing actually reminds me of those $50 Ebay aluminum spoilers that ricers put on their Civics, one of these in the pic here...
Most of those "flat" wings actually use what is essentially an upside down plane wing to create downforce. Realistically though you could make it completely flat and mount it on an angle and it'll create some downforce, but the downfall of purely flat wings is that they would also create a significant amount of drag.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 PM
nvno1 is infamous around these parts
And I thought the factory installed rear spoiler was bad........

Old 05-31-2009, 07:53 AM
quikag is infamous around these parts
I really hope that spoiler is for track use and not aesthetics.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
BADDASSC6 is infamous around these parts
Definately track use. Makes a huge difference.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
That's a rare factory option for NJ dealers. It comes with a bottle of fake tan, some hair gel, and a gold chain.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
dicoomafia is infamous around these parts
f*cking nice plate num

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ZR1 spotted in Jersey, please tell me this isn't a factory option..