American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

I need a C6 Z06..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:01 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
I agree with Scott's (Divex..) suggestion.

Unless you're after the '08's interior 'improvements', and you're willing to get into the $50's, you find more '06's in the $40's. There is a tiny difference in steering for the '08, but if you're doing the suspension, that equipment change/ratio might be lost.

There are a few mid-40k cars on that other Forum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ll-2011-a.html

Little more, but.. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-2lz-navi.html

For reference, here's one that went @ $40K: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...mans-blue.html

GL

Old 06-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 PM
DesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud of
If your still looking email me at grmotorsports09@aol.com I know where several are, and know a couple steals out there. I have owned 2 Z06s and a ZR1 so Im a vette guy for sure.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
I bought one: 06 Z06 18k miles and o ya...cough cough...Stoptechs and Penskes!

HEHEHE

Old 06-18-2009, 08:16 AM
IMPORTIMAGE is infamous around these parts
congrats im debating that or viper myself

Old 06-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
Get the Z06!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
down here in fl they are just so common, i like the looks of the viper better. but we'll see, shouldnt the 08 viper be faster then the z06?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
....shouldnt the 08 viper be faster then the z06?
Yes, the 2008 Viper has 600 hp while the 2008 Z06 has only 505 hp. The Dodge Viper is also more expensive, and I guess the Viper is now a Fiat Viper.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Vintage Racer
Yes, the 2008 Viper has 600 hp while the 2008 Z06 has only 505 hp. The Dodge Viper is also more expensive, and I guess the Viper is now a Fiat Viper.
Put some nice tires and $1000 in mods (intake,tune,shifter)....You can run 10's....

You can run 10's with just tires and super skilled driver!!!!

Both are SUPER fast...I'm just a Biased GM guy!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Put some nice tires and $1000 in mods (intake,tune,shifter)....You can run 10's....

You can run 10's with just tires and super skilled driver!!!!
That is a great time if you just drag race. I just prefer road racing. What lap times can it post at Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWx_wF4vSg

Last edited by Vintage Racer; 06-19-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Vintage Racer
That is a great time if you just drag race. I just prefer road racing. What lap times can it post at Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWx_wF4vSg

Drag Racing...ha! I prefer road racing...I was just claiming that it's fast!!!

I train people on a RFactor sim! We race Road Atlanta here and there....

I will take a Vid of me at Watkins Glen for you....

Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
thanks guys. i just got beat by my neighbor in his m6 vs my e55...i was thinking about upgrading the e55 but i can just trade it in and get a z06 which would be more fun to drive. how are those "rear ends" holding up to abuse?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
how are those "rear ends" holding up to abuse?
If you are planning on drag racing the car, I have no idea. If you are going to road race the car, I can tell you that the diff holds up very well.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
So, I bought one last week..I have been refining it since then...

Wheels, Tires, etc....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/corvet...ics-beast.html

Old 07-12-2009, 02:48 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need a C6 Z06..