American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New 5.3 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Kschroers1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TXGold
Well, that's why you flash back to stock code before you take the car back to the dealership. And what does modifying the engine ecu have to do with, for example, a broken power mirror motor. It seems that that is actually not a legal approach to handle voiding a warranty.

What tune do you recommend?
I dont know of any aftermarket tunes for GM vehicles. But as long as its set back to stock calibrations, no dealer would probably find out about it. And no, the ECM wouldn't command/control say such power mirror actuator. The ECM only controls powertrain basically. The BCM controls all body accessories(mirrors, power windows, radio, lights, etc...). It may not sound like a legal way to approach things, but it's what GM tells us per particular TSB number. But the only thing that i can say is, if a vehicle is supercharged, and their is a mechanical problem, we must prove that the supercharger is the cause of the problem before our dealership comes up with a verdict on the situation. But that particular Avalanche I had was GM's deal, and it isn't the first time they've done that. Plus the guy had way more done than just the chip installed. But still, if he only had that installed, he still wouldn't have a good arguement because he altered GM's design and calibrations, which voids powertrain warranty's. Its kind of a no Win situation unless you found a mod friendly dealership first, which is the first step I would take if I were you.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Former Vendor
david@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to behold
It varies with every failure, technician, manager and dealership. There is actually a bulletin that GM has describing how to check if the software has been altered although most places are not going to go that far to void a warranty and try to sell a repair. It's much easier to do a warranty repair with no need to call for approval than it is to get management involved, **** off a customer, try to sell a repair to a customer only to possibly have declined and make nothing. It's been years since I've dealt with MTI on Dairy Ashford, but they specialize in LS performance with their own dyno. Jason is the proprietor there and would rather tell you an aftermarket intake does not make the claimed horsepower and sell less to meet your expectation, than sell you the coolest stuff that comes with a cool sticker.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 AM
ace23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kschroers1
Don't be surprised to get a trans problem in the future if done. Depending on year, well sorta, you would be amazed to see how many new body Chevy trucks are in the shop for trans rebuilds/replacing with no mods and even low miles. Just keep that in mind that something possible could happen down the road. They motors are built great, but trans are absolute garbage these days.
X100 these trannys SUCK.....never towed anything with my tahoe and 75K miles it dropped the tranny like a bomb going 75mph down the freeway...POS

Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ace23
X100 these trannys SUCK.....never towed anything with my tahoe and 75K miles it dropped the tranny like a bomb going 75mph down the freeway...POS
His has the A6.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kschroers1
I dont know of any aftermarket tunes for GM vehicles. .
Seriously? GM LSx's have the support of the best. HP Tuners and LSx Edit.