American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Viper SRT-10 ACR, Now Wikipedia officially one of the fastest cars in the world)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned
Immanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura about
Viper SRT-10 ACR, Now Wikipedia officially one of the fastest cars in the world)

I added this link. I found on Ferrari Chat as those guys were talk about it. The Viper ACR is second on the list. Even the ZR1 is 6 steps down on the list. Only car that has the leading times better than the Viper Srt-10 ACR has a open-drivers chassis.................... WOW!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

Last edited by Immanuel; 06-23-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-23-2009, 04:16 PM
dangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to behold
Insane car.. definitely a beast to be respected.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:44 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Nothing but love for the ACR. Just imagine if they actually developed that car at the Ring Its that they only spent 3 days and 6 laps to destroy the production car record. If they had a gearing suited to the Ring, suspension optimized for the Ring, and clean run without a 25mph head wind this thing would easily be in the 7:1x region. Really phenominal that this was done the old fashion way instead of the usual hightech way.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Wikipedia is pretty gay though....so much incorrect info on there.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned
Immanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura about
Now I knew there was people out there still not believers. They say the proof is always in the Video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2mFEC2H0cY

And if you still are questioning I have another video with the ZR1 and the ACR side by side. I dont believe everything I read either but come on!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned
I just have to throw this video up there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcsYuaF6Wuw

Old 06-23-2009, 11:10 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Nothing but love for the ACR. Just imagine if they actually developed that car at the Ring Its that they only spent 3 days and 6 laps to destroy the production car record. If they had a gearing suited to the Ring, suspension optimized for the Ring, and clean run without a 25mph head wind this thing would easily be in the 7:1x region. Really phenominal that this was done the old fashion way instead of the usual hightech way.
It has a functional wing, rear diffuser running PS2's with CUP compound and improved suspension and brakes over past Vipers plus an 8.4 liter motor. I would be LOL'ing if it didn't set some kind of record.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:16 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
The Radical SR8 shouldn't be considered a production vehicile for road use. Open wheel chasis, no amenities, no doors, etc... It should be classified under something else.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ORYX
, rear diffuser running PS2's with CUP compound and improved suspension and brakes over past Vipers plus an 8.4 liter motor. I would be LOL'ing if it didn't set some kind of record.
It's not just a functional rear wing and front spoiler. Its aerodynamic upgrades produce 1000 lbf (4.4 kN) of down-force at 150 mph (240 km/h), or roughly 10 times the downforce the base Viper SRT-10 can produce at the same speed.
I am LOL'ing ...............

Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ORYX
It has a functional wing, rear diffuser running PS2's with CUP compound and improved suspension and brakes over past Vipers plus an 8.4 liter motor. I would be LOL'ing if it didn't set some kind of record.
By your logic then the Veyron, Zonda, CGT, CCX, Gallardo, Ford GT, GTR etc are garbage cause they didnt break any records even though there technical resume embarasses the Viper and exposes it as a comparative dinosaur.

For all there respective exorbitant hp levels, ultra hightech powerplants, gearboxes, suspensions, CC Brakes, carbonfiber monocoque bodies, multimillion dollar R&D programs, racebread tech etc they all lost to a car built with yestertech. CCX has 800hp+, race suspension etc and Veyron 1001hp and an 8 ltr motor yet neither was able to break into the 7:20's let alone get close to the ACR's time. Its painfully obvious that everything you mentioned doesnt guarantee any records. Come on man give the car its due without the backhanded compliment.

Last edited by snakebitten; 06-24-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
ACRJUD is infamous around these parts
Heres a pic of my ol' 2 valve per cylinder, low tech 10 banger. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it an drive it.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
^^Just to be clear my use of "yestertech" and "dinosaur" were not meant as disrespect just as perspective to really illuminate what SRT accomplished with the ACR despite the paltry budget they were saddled with and lack of R&D on the Ring. Viper budget has never been close to being on par with GM, Nissan, Ferrari etc for there respective supercar yet here it is at the top. I agree with Oryx the Radical shouldnt be there.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by snakebitten
By your logic then the Zonda, CGT, CCX, Gallardo, Ford GT, GTR etc are garbage cause they didnt break any records even though there technical resume embarasses the Viper and exposes it as a comparative dinosaur.

For all there respective exorbitant hp levels, ultra hightech powerplants, gearboxes, suspensions, CC Brakes, carbonfiber monocoque bodies, multimillion dollar R&D programs, racebread tech etc they all lost to a car built with yestertech. CCX has 800hp+, race suspension etc but it didnt even break into the 7:20's. Its painfully obvious that everything you mentioned doesnt guarantee any records. Come on man give the car its due without the backhanded compliment.

I think that it even more impressive that a supercar dinosuar as the Viper,can set the pace for all those other high tech Supercars. Reminds me of the old Shelby Cobra. I am not that old but I built one from a Kit with a crated 427 motor. And actually carbonfiber monocoque bodies is yestertech. Carbonfiber monocoque made its debut in 1981 with McLaren's MP4/1 Formula One racing car. Over 10 years before the Viper was even made.
And if you ever been behind the build of the Viper as I have modded them. You would be surprised how muti-million dollar hightech engineering went into developing the underrated American Supercar.

Last edited by Immanuel; 06-24-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 PM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ACRJUD
Heres a pic of my ol' 2 valve per cylinder, low tech 10 banger. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it an drive it.

Love the orange! Looks awesome.

The thing about the ACR that I admire is that no manufacturer has ever created anything so purpose-built. Many of the cars previously mentioned could and should be faster around the Nring but nobody has ever sacrificed acceleration, top speed, gas mileage etc. for the sole benefit of faster lap times. The exotics have used carbon fiber, adjustable suspensions and aero to some extent but not to this degree.

I hope these days aren't over!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Apparently I got a little carried away trying to show the specialness of the ACR's effort and have ruffled feathers unintentionally Ive seen the Viper chassis in pics way back in 95 and from the reactions of some serious racers it is a stout, race ready chassis so I concur. Come on it handles 1500hp/1900tq without the absolute need for a roll cage or the chassis bending. I meant that "comparatively" its a low tech means of going stink fast compared to the techno wizards that populate the Ring list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Viper SRT-10 ACR, Now Wikipedia officially one of the fastest cars in the world)