American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

cts v or 996 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
TurboFreak101 is infamous around these parts
cts v or 996 turbo

should i go for a new 2009 cts v or go for a slightly used 05 996 turbo. Your thoughts. Thank you.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
IMPORTIMAGE is infamous around these parts
a sedan or a coupe is pretty different

the used 996 has lost a good amount of value so you would prob be a little safer in that $ wise.

performance wise im sure the cts-v will be faster in a straight line and you will be able to fit your friends/family in it.

price difference is about 30g's atleast...

hard comparison depends what your needs out of a vehicle are. (obviously fast is one of them)

Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
I say drive them both but I used to race CTSV's back in 05-06...

The V2 is an animal

My answer is CTSV...

Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
kc911 is infamous around these parts
Is this going to be a daily driver, weekend car, track car? The answer will make all the difference.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE

the used 996 has lost a good amount of value so you would prob be a little safer in that $ wise.

performance wise im sure the cts-v will be faster in a straight line and you will be able to fit your friends/family in it.

hard comparison depends what your needs out of a vehicle are. (obviously fast is one of them)

++1

I've driven alot of cars. Only one Porsche. I have driven two gen 2 V's....and I have never been so impressed with a bone stock car other then my first ride in an 02 Z06 6 or so years ago. These new V's are wicked. Unbelieveable a car thats a 4 door, runs as hard as it does. And the V's I drove were box stock. Imagine one with a tune alone, how it must feel with no torque management.? The car is wicked. I'd do a tune/pulley/airbox/long tubes with high flow cats/and walk almost any typical car you run across.

Incase your wondering, I'm rarely impressed with any vehicle I drive/ride in nowadays. I own and have driven a high powered car, as well as wheeled a multitude of exotics and 1000hp + cars. I'm basing this V off a wide array of cars,.....and I am telling you,...this car, is one of the very most amazing cars I have ever driven.

If that doesn't sell it. 175mph limited in the automatic, stock. 198mph in the bone stock 6 speed CTS-V. Thats the world FASTEST sedan out of the box.

Thats dope as hell.

Regardless of what I think,...drive them both.

Happy hunting.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE

Nope.
New V ~$60k
Used 996tt can be had at ~$60k easy

Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Josh_co is infamous around these parts
I've see a few lightly used V's in the low to mid $50's. A fully loaded new V runs a tad under $70k.

I would go with the V. It is just a monster of a car while not really looking like a car that can rip to 60 in 4 seconds.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:00 PM
tony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to beholdtony tone is a splendid one to behold
the 996 is a beautiful car by all means, and first initial response was going to go for this being a V owner myself (V1 though). the 996 is almost a dream car for me, however, the engineering and bottom line push you back in your seat power from a STOCK LUXURY SEDAN like this, well, i have to say the V is my answer. also, it takes very little money (compared to other vehicles) to put your V2 in the mid 500whp range, and still retain daliy driven luxury badassness.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:07 AM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
The V's are pretty sweet. I owned a highly modded 01 Z06 but not a cts-v. Based on what i've read, i'd go with the V. The 996TT is amazing, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice all that luxury of the V if daily driven.

The 996tt is more of my weekend badboy!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
I daily my 05 996 Turbo and I love it. If I needed to haul passengers though, then I'd get the CTS-V. You buying it for you and maybe one passenger, or you and maybe 3 passengers?

CTS-V wicked power with lots of luxury and your big smile.
996TT wicked power with lots of smiles inside AND outside.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
cmn130 is infamous around these parts
4 door sedan vs 2 seater . They both can be driven daily. just how meny people do you need to fit. Id say if its your only car the V, if you have another car the turbo!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 PM
chad05gt is infamous around these parts
your 'NAME' is TurboFreak101 ; this should be a no brainer...

another reason: changing it to SuperchargerFreak102 is just too much damn paperwork.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Prof is infamous around these parts
I am a CTS V2 owner...it is a daily driver...I don't think I would consider the 996 a daily driver. My garage queen is a supercharged Ram SRT 10. A 996 would spend most of its life in a garage bay...(I live in northern IL, 7 months of winter, 3 months of pot hole repair and 2 months of driving the 996.)

I think the world of the CTS V...it has about 7000 miles on it in three months...and I am still surprised at the combination of luxury and exhilarating acceleration and sports car like handling. I am also a Porsche lover...but I don't think there is a chance you would prefer driving the 996 if you had one of each.

Bottom line: 556 hp, 551 tq supercharged and intercooler...with a 100,000 mile warranty!

No contest in my mind.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 AM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Prof
Bottom line: 556 hp, 551 tq supercharged and intercooler...with a 100,000 mile warranty!

No contest in my mind.
Sums it up for me. Perfect daily driver.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM
devster is infamous around these parts
I can't afford either one but i'd pick the V. Its such an appealing package. Comfort, luxury, plenty of room, good driving dynamics and an excellent motor. The V would be less hassle to hop in and do errands too i'm sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cts v or 996 turbo