American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2010 Mustang question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
*grabs popcorn* Another Mustang vs. Camaro comparison.
I'm adding more fuel to the fire.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...tang_gt_page_4

Yup, Mustang wins. It's not all about straight-line performance.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
chad05gt is infamous around these parts
I dont like the look, the rear is a mess, the front looks like a camaro and a challenger got 'hooked up'. There are some 32v 5.0's are already out... Im not sure if the bottom ends are made as weak as these 4.6's; if pistons and rods are better Ill be looking to pick one wadded up from COPART ...

Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chad05gt
I dont like the look, the rear is a mess, the front looks like a camaro and a challenger got 'hooked up'. There are some 32v 5.0's are already out... Im not sure if the bottom ends are made as weak as these 4.6's; if pistons and rods are better Ill be looking to pick one wadded up from COPART ...
Where are they out? I know a Ford dealer personally and he has no info about the new 5.0 other than it may be out as a 2011 model.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 4.6 isn't that weak of an engine internally

Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pondjumper
Where are they out? I know a Ford dealer personally and he has no info about the new 5.0 other than it may be out as a 2011 model.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 4.6 isn't that weak of an engine internally
Your correct, he's wrong, the 5.0's are not out yet....

Last edited by SINISTR; 07-22-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by richtor
that sounds very similar to the mustang gt...

What GT with just and intake and Nitto's has run 12.50's @ 111/2?

Still haven't heard how the GT500 is going to magically lose a decent amount of weight next year....

Last edited by SINISTR; 07-22-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by ROD
*grabs popcorn* Another Mustang vs. Camaro comparison.
I'm adding more fuel to the fire.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...tang_gt_page_4

Yup, Mustang wins. It's not all about straight-line performance.
Camaro vs Mustang is fun stuff.

Motor Trend and Road & Track picked the Camaro though. But whose magazine racing LOL.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
It's all in good fun.

I was waiting for your reply

Last edited by ROD; 07-22-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by ROD
It's all in good fun.

I was waiting for your reply
Yup, all in good fun. Although it was more fun for me when I still had my
Camaro!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SINISTR Z06

Still haven't heard how the GT500 is going to magically lose a decent amount of weight next year....
the magic word being similar....

sticky tires, a little less weight than stock(skinnies), x pipe, drop in filter, and upper control arms netted a 12.51. 1250 vs 1251 is one hell of a race! dont you think?

2011 gt500 with less weight? check the rumor mill on the web.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 AM
the magic word being similar....

sticky tires, a little less weight than stock(skinnies), x pipe, drop in filter, and upper control arms netted a 12.51. 1250 vs 1251 is one hell of a race! dont you think?

2011 gt500 with less weight? check the rumor mill on the web.
That's not similar if you ask me, your comparing a cold air kit and Nittos to lightweight front and rear wheels, sticky tires out back, skinnies out front, exhaust work and suspension work? If the SS had all those mods it would be in the low 12's or better....

And the rumor mill on the web doesn't really mean anything if you ask me about the GT500 magically losing alot of weight. Unless they make a full carbon fiber body (never happen) I don't see that car losing more then 100 pounds without a redesign....

Old 07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
richtor is infamous around these parts
That's not similar if you ask me, your comparing a cold air kit and Nittos to lightweight front and rear wheels, sticky tires out back, skinnies out front, exhaust work and suspension work? If the SS had all those mods it would be in the low 12's or better....

And the rumor mill on the web doesn't really mean anything if you ask me about the GT500 magically losing alot of weight. Unless they make a full carbon fiber body (never happen) I don't see that car losing more then 100 pounds without a redesign....
skinnies dont do anything but lighten up the front wheels. you cant list as two mods.
the rear wheels with et streets, will not take away any weight.
x pipe is little to no work at all, sometimes alleviating back pressure enough to lose torque. in combintation with a full exhaust the cross works, by itself no.
control took some wieght away yes you are correct.
yes the ss is faster.
lightly modded both the mustang and camaro can be one hell of a race!

you are probably correct on the gt500. too bad they are running an iron block in it today.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Skinnies in front do more than reduce weight... reduced roataional weight, and less rolling resistance

CAI, tune, headers, 4.56's, drag radials on stock rims, 3650lbs, 308hp/320tq

12.60 @ 108 in Houston in July,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r_8yTklKew

12.61 @ 110 in Evadale the week before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc81m...eature=related

Last edited by chad05gt; 07-23-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:44 PM
skinnies dont do anything but lighten up the front wheels. you cant list as two mods.
the rear wheels with et streets, will not take away any weight.
x pipe is little to no work at all, sometimes alleviating back pressure enough to lose torque. in combintation with a full exhaust the cross works, by itself no.
control took some wieght away yes you are correct.
yes the ss is faster.
lightly modded both the mustang and camaro can be one hell of a race!

you are probably correct on the gt500. too bad they are running an iron block in it today.
Guess you haven't drag raced? I have been since I was 18. Skinnes are HUGE at the track. Gets rid of a ton of unsprung weight. The car you refer to ran ET Streets you said which are basically a slick. The car I was refering to ran Nitto drag radials. Those two differences right there are HUGE at the track. Bottom line is the mods on those two cars can't be compared.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by chad05gt

CAI, tune, headers, 4.56's, drag radials on stock rims, 3650lbs, 308hp/320tq

4:56's, holy crap! I had 4:10's in my other car and that was alot....that car must have no top end and get horrible mileage LOL.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
4:56's, holy crap! I had 4:10's in my other car and that was alot....that car must have no top end and get horrible mileage LOL.

nope... TR6060 w/ .50 6th I dont have a 'run of the mill' Mustang; ran90 from Lake Charles to Destin last weekend... 25ishmpg , enjoyed some C5 sparring as well as an Evo X.

And, on the contrary... top end is GREAT (for a Mustang)... neeeeed gear to get this heavy aerodynamic as a sheet of plywood rollin' past 120!

4th gear is great for Mexican 'interstate'... 4grand at 80, pulls to a little over 120.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang question