American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Motons Club Sports or LG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Motons Club Sports or LG?

I visited LG Motor sports in Dallas and they have an in-house built Coilovers using Bilstein shocks and they seem pretty ok, I have been using the Motons on my 997TT and they are awesome just a bunch of work to properly tune and install them.
What would you guys recommend on my 08 C6? it currently has a Pfadt Racing Coils that i would like to get rid of ASAP. they are soft and not the least OK in my opinion. the shock is the biggest problem not to mention that the springs provided to me were too soft for a ford focus.
So what say you?!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
I run a DRM Doug Rippie Motorsprts coilover setup on my car, and I love it. We also ran the same setup on my good friends C6, which he also loved. Both cars run a 295/18 front and 335/18 rear. Handles great...love them.

We also installed on my cousins Z06 a set of LG's coilovers. Easy install with the exception of removing the factory front spring(if you already have coilovers,...even easier). You can have it done in probably an hour if you haul ***.... two hours round trip with removing the wheels,..working average.

We really like the setup. The car also has large front and read tires, with T1 sway bars and a roll cage. Really wicked setup,...

I have no experience with the motons myself.

Really like the DRM's and LG's personally.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Milan is infamous around these partsMilan is infamous around these parts
I thought the LG coilovers were Pfadts? You really thought your Pfadt's were too soft? Have you talked to them, they have pretty good customer service

Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 AM
White_lightning is infamous around these parts
i can vouch for LGM and their parts/work. the big deal there is Lou and Louis stand behind everything they sell 100%. From being in the demestic car scene since 96 i have yet to see another shop who backs their products like LGM. Everything they do is tested in house and on the track and is top notch.. they are the ONLY place i will let touch my car in in dallas with as many bad *** performance shops as there are its saying alot.

I would call LGM and talk to either bobby, anthony, jonathan, louis or even lou himself.. they have always gone out of their way to answer my questions and give me good info. Maybe see if they will cut you a deal on some HP mods while you are there

Old 08-21-2009, 09:15 AM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by White_lightning
i can vouch for LGM and their parts/work. the big deal there is Lou and Louis stand behind everything they sell 100%. From being in the demestic car scene since 96 i have yet to see another shop who backs their products like LGM. Everything they do is tested in house and on the track and is top notch.. they are the ONLY place i will let touch my car in in dallas with as many bad *** performance shops as there are its saying alot.

I would call LGM and talk to either bobby, anthony, jonathan, louis or even lou himself.. they have always gone out of their way to answer my questions and give me good info. Maybe see if they will cut you a deal on some HP mods while you are there
I visited with them, Lou walked me through the coil set up and construction, anthony showed me around the shop and they did a bad *** tune on my H2 that got it transformed to a real beast, i originally had a custom 408 installed at MTI in Houston before they went out of business and the tune was terrible.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
I run a DRM Doug Rippie Motorsprts coilover setup on my car, and I love it. We also ran the same setup on my good friends C6, which he also loved. Both cars run a 295/18 front and 335/18 rear. Handles great...love them.

We also installed on my cousins Z06 a set of LG's coilovers. Easy install with the exception of removing the factory front spring(if you already have coilovers,...even easier). You can have it done in probably an hour if you haul ***.... two hours round trip with removing the wheels,..working average.

We really like the setup. The car also has large front and read tires, with T1 sway bars and a roll cage. Really wicked setup,...

I have no experience with the motons myself.

Really like the DRM's and LG's personally.
One thing i need to do is get better and wider tires for sure. I do not think a C6 will have room for your tire set up though, maybe a 255 front 305 rear will be enough.
Only thing i noticed about the Motons were the piston rod it is huge and re-enforced big time. they work like a dream on my TT.
Where did you get the T1?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Milan
I thought the LG coilovers were Pfadts? You really thought your Pfadt's were too soft? Have you talked to them, they have pretty good customer service
They do, they sent me replacement rear bushing for their coils but i addressed other significant things with them and i bought a set of stiffer springs but still the shock is the issue with their product and not their service. the shock is not stout enough to complement the C6 true performance.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Ka, have you thought of doing the LG coil overs and rear wide body? PArts for rear wide body are $1200 and aboug 1000 in paint.. you can throw some 19x12s out back and run 345s...

Old 08-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Ka, have you thought of doing the LG coil overs and rear wide body? PArts for rear wide body are $1200 and aboug 1000 in paint.. you can throw some 19x12s out back and run 345s...
If I wanted the wide body I would have bought a Z06. I love the simplicity of the C6 and I would like to keep it as original as possible while improving the car overall.
I would love wider tires but i think 305 will be a lot better than what's on now, I would love to get rid of the Run-Flats soon.
I am looking at wheels and the first on my list are the HRE P40/43... in Comp Grey color would be just awesome. Tires I will probably go with M PS2's they work just great and i happen to have a set here
What do you guys think, 19's all the way around or 20/19?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:54 AM
KA, understood.. complete rear wide body is about $2200 installed and painted ( including parts) so for what i paid for my coupe, my goal was to do it and throw some 345s out back since i can fit z0 size wheels/tires out front already with out an issue.. the wider wheels/tires aid GREATLY with any handling especially if you upgrade the suspension.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 AM
with wider tires it will be harder to keep traction unless i am mistaken. The car will also feel a need of more power then i will start drifting into a path i am not wanting to go down. I picked the one to put all the power and effort in but i do not doubt that the handling will improve vastly.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
with wider tires it will be harder to keep traction unless i am mistaken. The car will also feel a need of more power then i will start drifting into a path i am not wanting to go down. I picked the one to put all the power and effort in but i do not doubt that the handling will improve vastly.

i know what you mean. With the power im making right now.. any tire on a stock C6 wheel wont hook in 1st unless i have a nice heated R compound or a slick. where as i have friends hooking on 700+ rwhp on the 345s..

Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 AM
i know what you mean. With the power im making right now.. any tire on a stock C6 wheel wont hook in 1st unless i have a nice heated R compound or a slick. where as i have friends hooking on 700+ rwhp on the 345s..
I am taking the C6 to LG soon, maybe you should bring yours up there and meet up with some folks. I am going to put a 180 stat instead of 160 as i will be traveling north a bit and might keep a residence up there. I know I would not mind a mild tune but no exhaust or headers on this one. I am really trying to keep it low key. I play with my 997 quite a bit and leave all the modding in that direction. The C6 is fine just stock to be honest with you.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:15 AM
I am taking the C6 to LG soon, maybe you should bring yours up there and meet up with some folks. I am going to put a 180 stat instead of 160 as i will be traveling north a bit and might keep a residence up there. I know I would not mind a mild tune but no exhaust or headers on this one. I am really trying to keep it low key. I play with my 997 quite a bit and leave all the modding in that direction. The C6 is fine just stock to be honest with you.

with just a CAI and an LG 5 minute dyno tune i picked put down 416/401 which was a decent jump over stock. LMK when you are going up there and we can see about meeting up. LG is TOP NOTCH.. i wouldnt let anyone else touch my car.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:18 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
One thing i need to do is get better and wider tires for sure. I do not think a C6 will have room for your tire set up though, maybe a 255 front 305 rear will be enough.
Only thing i noticed about the Motons were the piston rod it is huge and re-enforced big time. they work like a dream on my TT.
Where did you get the T1?

Well check this out. I built a car for a good friend of mine, it was a 2005 C6. We talked with Doug Rippie motorsports,.. abot suspension and wheels. We got our FIKSE 18x10 fronts(295's up front) and 18x 12'x (335 rears).

We DID buy a mini tub kit but, didn't have time to install it, so he went and bought half inch spacers, and ran them on the car. He liked it so much, he went and bought longer read studs, and reinstalled the rear wheels with the spacers, and left it like that. The car never rubbed anything,...and it was low, on the coilovers. Lookd very proper. This car did not have the Z06 fender flares.

Just FYI.

He sold the car, I bought the coilovers, and wheels,...no I run them onmy C5 with my own homemade mini tub kit.

The T1 swaybars, you can find from several places. Doug Rippie, LG motorsports, VB&P..etc. They are GM factory racing sway bars. Careful, they're hardcore with coilovers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motons Club Sports or LG?