American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Twin Turbo install on my Ford GT dyno and 60-130 graphs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
ranger66 is infamous around these parts
Wow until now I didn't know it was possible to have both a supercharger and turbos on the same engine. Do they cancel out the downsides of each other? i.e parasitic loss and turbo lag I'm sure it isn't that big of a concern but, what kind of gas mileage do you get when you drive it on the street? Awesome car nonetheless!

Old 10-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ranger66
Wow until now I didn't know it was possible to have both a supercharger and turbos on the same engine. Do they cancel out the downsides of each other? i.e parasitic loss and turbo lag I'm sure it isn't that big of a concern but, what kind of gas mileage do you get when you drive it on the street? Awesome car nonetheless!
when guys TT/SC the Ford GT's it is known that the "regular" size turbos that the tuner shops use would lose about 50hp on the big end cause of the parasitic loss of the SC. So we increased the size of the turbos just a bit to compensate for this and hit the 1000 rwhp goal. WE seemed to nail it perfectly.

Also, with the SC/TT setup there is power ALL the time compared to a TT only setup. With my setup I have up to 250 more hp below 4000rpm compared to a TT only setup. Best of both worlds.

As long as you don't go over 4k rpm the gas mileage will be the same as before the TT install which is about 10mpg city and about 16-18 hwy. Get into the turbos and you can cut that mileage by 20-50% depending how much fun you have.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 PM
ranger66 is infamous around these parts
Wow I learned something new. This sounds like the ideal setup for extreme speeds and fun. Awesome machine and thanks for the lesson.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 AM
kvsm3 is infamous around these parts
Wow! Amazing!
Is the replacement for the space shuttle :-)

Old 10-12-2009, 12:10 PM
IB Staff
IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbsteven
when guys TT/SC the Ford GT's it is known that the "regular" size turbos that the tuner shops use would lose about 50hp on the big end cause of the parasitic loss of the SC.
For a start - really nice car!

I had a question about the supposed "50hp loss". Is it due to parasitic loss, or due to the airflow being restricted by the supercharger?
Porting the blower may help significantly

Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
parasitic

Old 10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
I'm pretty sure that's beyond cool! What was your turn around time on the TT build? How long did it take them?

Great job!

-Nathan

Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
TheUltraworld is infamous around these parts
In my mind it would seem easier to get rid of the supercharger & use more turbo boost. Less stuff to break. Faster trouble shooting.