American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Rossion Q1 Transforms;

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Noble57 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Congrats on the Rossion Q1. I remember talkiing to a guy on LP forums and he said they had on a track day venue and it was trapping over 132mph and very low 11's so its a serious beast. Not sure if it was stock though but with its power to weight I wouldnt doubt it. Im surprised at the slower times of the C&D article. Are there different engine configs?
My understanding was that durng the R&T test the track was damp (the pictures show some wet) and during the C&D test the ambient temperatures were very cold and the tires never got up to temp.

I wonder what the numbers could be on a warm dry surface?

p.s. Low 11s does sound correct for a stock car.

When did you see the C&D article? I didn't think they published that yet.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:04 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Noble57
My understanding was that durng the R&T test the track was damp (the pictures show some wet) and during the C&D test the ambient temperatures were very cold and the tires never got up to temp.

I think he was referring to the R&T times I posted.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:23 AM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
falb, I intentionally stopped looking at this thread in fear of lusting over a Q1 even more so... seeing yours has not helped my dilemma at all.

Tell me how it compares since your PanAm Turbo is just as fast as my car stock, haha.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:28 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold

In Flabs post he stated he'd compare "C&D spec sheet" so I assumed it was a C&D spec sheet he posted lol. I didnt even realize it was an R&T spec sheet until you just mentioned it. And Falbs right I was refering to his post.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
6speedRob is infamous around these parts
For those that want to know about power delivery, at the low end, it's a 3l V6 with turbos not building boost, so it's no V8 torque monster. However, boost builds very progressively - there are no hits or torque spikes to upset the chassis. Once you get 4k revs on there, it is pulling like a freight train. I don't doubt this car is an 11 second car. At this point, if you are in anything under 4th gear, and the tires are not warm, they are likely to break loose.
The acceleration of this car is fantastic, and the light weight, V6 engine, and smallish turbos contribute to great throttle response and a lack of turbo lag.
Only problem is it can't be imported into Canada in its current state so no Rossion for me - yet.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by th3Stig
falb, I intentionally stopped looking at this thread in fear of lusting over a Q1 even more so... seeing yours has not helped my dilemma at all.

Tell me how it compares since your PanAm Turbo is just as fast as my car stock, haha.
It is a slipery slope you are headed down. The more I learn about the Rossion the more I am intrigued and excited. Did you know they have a track option sheet? Brake pads, fluids, spec. shocks, harnesses, fire systems, hubs etc.... Not to mention that guys are getting 700+ hp out of those motors these days. Crazy stuff.

I still wont have the car for several weeks but will be sure to provide impressions.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by falb
It is a slipery slope you are headed down. The more I learn about the Rossion the more I am intrigued and excited. Did you know they have a track option sheet? Brake pads, fluids, spec. shocks, harnesses, fire systems, hubs etc.... Not to mention that guys are getting 700+ hp out of those motors these days. Crazy stuff.

I still wont have the car for several weeks but will be sure to provide impressions.
True. The base version has adjustable shocks with adjustable ride height. In base form it is a race car in street clothes. You can add a few Rossion options and have a track beast.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
I apologize for resurrecting the thread but Noble you might be able to help me shed some light on the subject:

Seeing as I have a 09 GTR yet I miss my 07 Z06 w/ intake daily, how do you think the Rossion would be as far as daily driving? Now I know most will call me completely insane for mentioning such, but I did drive my Z06 daily for more than two years. What are the drawbacks of the car? Anything you would change?

One more thing: I'm 6'5 but I'm not a heavy guy so how much room would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:56 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
^^Wow you are 6'5" and fit in the Z06? Im 6'6" and couldnt get comfortable at all. Knees were at 8 and 4 o'clock on the steering wheel. Im more leggy probably why.

I cant imagine you or I fitting in a Rossion. Getting in and out will not look sexy

Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
th3stig,

I am 6'3" , 210 with a torso a little longer than average. I have about 2" above my head. You can also have a thinner bottom seat cushion and/or drop the seat mount down to pick up a little more. I don't have the seat all the way back. The steering column is adjustable both in and out and up and down.

With a helmet on I take out the bottom cushion and have plenty of room. I also get a little better feel of what the car is doing from removing the cushion.

I have been on three 200-300 mile drives. It is more comfortable than my wife's Tahoe seats that are fully electric adjustable. (Also gets 25 MPG on the highway, not that we care)

If you drove it everyday you might get tired of other driver's stalking you, taking pictures with their camera phones, giving you the "thumbs up" and asking questions at the gas station.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
BTW, after a few times you can master the technique of getting in and out. In is actually not an issue. Out is an easily acquired skill and kind of entertaining. You get some interesting looks on people's faces when someone our size gets out of the car. Wow, that guy was in there?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:06 PM
haha, I am indeed 6'5" but I'm only about 185 since I'm the young and lean type. I've got a 34" inseam so my torso isn't too long so the Z06 was actually more roomy to me than the GTR. Not to mention I've got two friends taller than me and my best friend that I work with is 6'5" 340 so it's just seeing him get into the GTR. He could fit in the Z06 barely when he was a bit slimmer but I doubt it now.

Anyways, the mpg actually sounds reasonable seeing as I get around 17-18 city right now and 23 highway (getting on it).

And about the cell phone picture taking frenzies: I got my GT-R in August of 08. Since I lived in Orlando at the time and I am younger than my colleagues and look even younger, I received more remarks and looks than if I were driving around a pink Bentley. I digress... but what I was saying what that I was nearly on the verge of a nervous meltdown at certain points since I live alone and I am pretty shy it was absolute craziness.... and that's all I'll say about that.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM

I went back and looked at the Road and Track article and pictures and the conditions must have been a factor. The braking distances seem awefully long for the Rossion, must have been wet.