American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

******bag wrecks Viper GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:24 PM
onetwo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ORYX
I had a friend with a '99 Viper who was speeding to get through a light, when he realized he wouldn't be able to do it he slammed the brakes and ended up 1/2 way into the intersection. The look on his face was priceless. He ended up flat spotting his tires, no ABS = be very cautious.
I've done that exact same thing before

Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Don't get your feelings hurt because people may not agree with you on this forum.
Thank you for validating my statement. Now go have some milk and cookies.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:50 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
, no ABS = be very cautious.
The Vipers brakes must be very sensitive. I have driven a few cars without ABS, heck most race cars don't have it. I love the feel of a non ABS braking system....and they can work better then an ABS equipped car is set up right....

Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 07speed
Thank you for validating my statement. Now go have some milk and cookies.
Sure why not, but only if your mom makes them for me.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
chuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura about
**** happens. Period. He made a wrong move and paid for it. He wasn't driving over-aggressively. He made a simple (albeit costly) mistake.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
but in 23 years of driving .
Driving 23 years, license at maybe 17, so at least 40 y/o. Real mature....I'm finished!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 07speed
Driving 23 years, license at maybe 17, so at least 40 y/o. Real mature....I'm finished!
+1. He can't be 40.

anyways, i don't think he was driving that bad to be called d-bag. i was in the similar case with LOS. it sucks but i learned my lesson without costing a penny.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bgwilly31
wow the intelligence level in this thread is lacking.

Speaking of stupidity. This was an accident. He's barely gassing that viper i can tell you that much. Unexpected traffic jam in a single lane coming out of a tunnel. When you come out of a tunnel in certain lighting situations when exiting that tunnel your vision can be impaired. This kind of thing could have happened to anybody and certainly wasnt as ignorant as you want to try to make it out to be.

So congrats on sounding like a complete arrogant ***.

And no it was not an emergency lane or an exit lane. It's a 3 lane highway through the entire video. Yes an exit was coming up, however the exit was probably so backed up it was coming into the 3rd lane of traffic. Which can be unexpected coming out of a tunnel.

Oh and also the guy that said. "i simply would have just turned the wheel left" umm not sure which video you were watching either but there were 2 cars to the vipers left. So side swiping two cars at 70-80mph probably wouldnt have resulted in a much better circumstance.

End rant.
+1000

Old 06-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Chipster is infamous around these parts
I dont see a problem with how he was driving. If anyone has driven a viper, you know how slanted that windshield is with visibility issues and add in the glare from the sun right on exiting the tunnel. Maybe he wasn't used to driving there and didn't know of normal traffic back ups in that lane from an exit. Just unlucky in my opinion. Don't see the need to call the guy some name when he wasn't driving all over the road. Just about every vid i've seen posted on a car forum has way more idiotic driving than this.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Sucks for that guy, car is done from a value point of view.

You are probably the most immature 40 year old here. Out of curiosity, what do you drive?

Old 06-06-2010, 06:23 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
This thread is back from the dead...

Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
cheon is infamous around these parts
ouch!!!!! i would be sooo sad hoods llik 15g's new

Old 06-06-2010, 11:10 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Can't blame him for that one, did anyone see the glare on the video camera coming out of the tunnel from behind him? Anyone have any idea what that looked liked in the Viper?

Heck from freeway speeds it would have been hard anyway to stop for that with perfect vision. On another hand if you do like to drive enthusiastically its a good idea to always be looking for an alternate lane in case of things like that.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
That sucked. That is always a fear of coming up hard onto stopped traffic.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:57 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
AAAAgreed!
Originally Posted by Chipster
I dont see a problem with how he was driving. If anyone has driven a viper, you know how slanted that windshield is with visibility issues and add in the glare from the sun right on exiting the tunnel. Maybe he wasn't used to driving there and didn't know of normal traffic back ups in that lane from an exit. Just unlucky in my opinion. Don't see the need to call the guy some name when he wasn't driving all over the road. Just about every vid i've seen posted on a car forum has way more idiotic driving than this.