American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New & Improved 2010 Viper ACR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ()utlaw
There is also going to be a Laguna Seca edition.
Just stickers or some other changes?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:58 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Seems that the revised 5th gear was done in direct responce to the Nurburgring run makes me think SRT is gonna do a factory effort at the Ring. At least I really hope so. The ACR car had a 7:1x potential before the tweaks. Now there will be nothing stopping it from getting a 7:1x. Doubt it will dethrone the Gumpert but it would be nice to see it in the 7:14 range.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:04 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
The ACR's are pretty wicked, this is just a tad more wicked. I like it.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by SINISTR Z06
Just stickers or some other changes?
Color scheme

Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Awesome...how many production cars can be driven off the showroom floor, right to the track and turn those numbers....HHmmmm....NONE! Way to go SRT.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Seems that the revised 5th gear was done in direct responce to the Nurburgring run makes me think SRT is gonna do a factory effort at the Ring. At least I really hope so. The ACR car had a 7:1x potential before the tweaks. Now there will be nothing stopping it from getting a 7:1x. Doubt it will dethrone the Gumpert but it would be nice to see it in the 7:14 range.

There has to be more to it then just the 5th gear ratio, maybe suspension re-valving. Or the aero is just that much better.

Now for some strange reason there is a rumor of more power, ECU tweak, due to a quicker 1/4 mile time. They would have to re-cert the car, and for only 500 units I don't see them doing that. Unless the 5th gear ratio has some sort of effect on 1/4 miles times.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:51 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute

There has to be more to it then just the 5th gear ratio, maybe suspension re-valving. Or the aero is just that much better.

Now for some strange reason there is a rumor of more power, ECU tweak, due to a quicker 1/4 mile time. They would have to re-cert the car, and for only 500 units I don't see them doing that. Unless the 5th gear ratio has some sort of effect on 1/4 miles times.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe

The other improvement I read about was revised aero, short throw shifter etc. Read about it here:
http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/D...per_SRT10_ACR/

Nothing about power upgrades Im afraid. Also I read somewhere else that just changeing that 5th gear ratio resulted in it reaching its top speed some 14 seconds faster than the 08-09 Vipers. Between the Aero tweaks and 5th gear adjustment it also gained 4mph to its top speed which is now 184mph. Seems like all Vipers get the 5th gear upgrade from another article I read. 5th gear was atrocious on the older Vipers and I remember a test where it was around 15-20 secs slower to a certain speed than the ZR1 which they blamed on the lazy 5th. Hope this brings it closer to the ZR1 on the big end now.

Last edited by snakebitten; 11-29-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
The other improvement I read about was revised aero, short throw shifter etc. Read about it here:
http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/D...per_SRT10_ACR/

Nothing about power upgrades Im afraid. Also I read somewhere else that just changeing that 5th gear ratio resulted in it reaching its top speed some 14 seconds faster than the 08-09 Vipers. Between the Aero tweaks and 5th gear adjustment it also gained 4mph to its top speed which is now 184mph. Seems like all Vipers get the 5th gear upgrade from another article I read. 5th gear was atrocious on the older Vipers and I remember a test where it was around 15-20 secs slower to a certain speed than the ZR1 which they blamed on the lazy 5th. Hope this brings it closer to the ZR1 on the big end now.

5th and 6th have always been unusable in the vipers. I have been planning on the 17% gears offered through partsrack for mine for a while now. Been putting it off in order to get the exhaust and everything else ordered first.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:59 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Most of us just swap out the rear gear to offset the ratio's in the tranny. I have a 3.45 setup on my car and it is a huge improvment over stock.