American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New 2010 Corvette GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Mr.Corvette is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EricR
From what I understand, the front fenders are actual ZR1 units. They have to meet that actual street car specs including the front splitter too. The frame is also aluminum. The GT2 class is a lot closer to the stock cars than the GT1 class was. One of the corvette magazines recently did a complete article on the GT2 car and the similarities with the production unit vs the differences with the old GT1 car.
Stock ZR1 fenders are not that wide

Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Man Id love to see the Viper come back in to relive those classic battles the two marques had back in late 90's/early 2k in GT1 class. Gotta say I love em both and GT1 was never better than when the Vette and Viper went at it. Think about it. The only serious threat either one had was from each other. No other marques that entered had anything for these two killers. Both were responsible for changing the worlds perceptions about American cars and handling etc.

Would also love to see Lambo, Nissan and BMW enter a serious car to further spice things up. It will be a serious battle eitherway between Porsche and Ferrari and now Vettes Vettes Vettes. Heres to hoping the Vettes return to dominant form again. Cant see why not

These were the faces of dominance GT1 racing in late 90's early 2k. It WAS my favorite class:

Last edited by snakebitten; 02-18-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 PM
EricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to behold
I just reread the article in the Dec issue of Vette. They are indeed production based fenders with wheel flares.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
me likey