American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Father's day weekend project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Dave@EFI is infamous around these partsDave@EFI is infamous around these parts
Father's day weekend project

Spent the last couple of days cleaning up EFI-1 and decided to give her some sun for pics. Unfortunately scheduling woes have prevented me from getting the TPE T2 flares installed, but next month looks promising.

While I was at it, I rolled out the Viper for some cameo's. Hit both cars with some Adam's scratch remover (on & off of the covers tend to cause hairlines over time) and foam pads on my Makita 9227. It turned out to be the perfect amount of cut to get rid of the fine scratches and I followed that up with some Adam's Revive with scratch remover mixed in, and then Butter Wax. Finished with detailing spray, and I let them bask in the sun for a few minutes before rolling them back into cover.

Some of you have PM'd me about the new kicks on EFI-1. These are the first clear shots I've got of them on the car, and believe they will look sick when the fenders get done. Until then, I just gotta pimp it Joe Dirt style in my driveway. LOL. In any event, they are the D2Forged CV2 concaves in a brushed finish. 5" lip out back with some serious concavity. About the same weight as my old iForged Daytona's but with a bit more width out back. They measure 19x9.5 & 20x13 with Nitto Invo's in 275/30-19 & 345/25-20.

On to the pics (Don't mind me, I'm trying to play with the CS options I've never really used before):

Have a great father's day weekend gang.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Hurley1 is infamous around these parts
How can you stand the rear wheels on your vette? Please tell me your putting wide quarter panels on.....

Old 06-21-2010, 08:53 AM
jarborn1 is infamous around these parts
My god, do you rub in the rear??

Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Those rear wheels are sick. I love FRC's, digging the canards/sideskirts/hood as well. Any plans for LED tails?

Originally Posted by Dave@EFI
Unfortunately scheduling woes have prevented me from getting the TPE T2 flares installed, but next month looks promising.
Originally Posted by Hurley1
How can you stand the rear wheels on your vette? Please tell me your putting wide quarter panels on.....

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Thank god flares are coming...Joe Dirt, LOL, great movie.

J

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Hahaha yeah I was hesitant to post any pics of EFI-1 before she's finished, but alas I gave in to a few guys asking for pics of the new wheels on some other forums. And yes....Joe Dirt was an awesome flick! ::

Trust - Thanks brother. I haven't seen any LED tails I like for the C5. Have you seen any good ones?

Jarborn - No rubbing since I don't drive the car right now like that. Hopefully I won't have any once the new 1/4 panels go on....

Old 06-22-2010, 12:09 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Dave,

I always have loved your car(Z06vette Forum Days). I always loved the Iforged wheels but the new shoe are sick also. Can't wait to see it with the new flairs. I will be posting pictures of my completed C6 Widebody with Lambo paint soon, so be on the lookout.

Jim

Old 06-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by X5owner
Dave,

I always have loved your car(Z06vette Forum Days). I always loved the Iforged wheels but the new shoe are sick also. Can't wait to see it with the new flairs. I will be posting pictures of my completed C6 Widebody with Lambo paint soon, so be on the lookout.

Jim
Thanks brutha Jim. My sinister EFI-1 now looks like a brawler in a tux with the new wheels. I like it.

C6/Widebody/Lambo Paint = Automatic Win

Looking forward to seeing your beast as well friend. Keep me posted!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:22 AM
EVILNESS is infamous around these partsEVILNESS is infamous around these parts
Dave looking good brotha now just need some new shoes on the viper... say what happened to your C5R headlights?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by EVILNESS
Dave looking good brotha now just need some new shoes on the viper... say what happened to your C5R headlights?
Thanks bro. I know, the Viper needs shoes real bad. I can't stand the scuffed up stockers that came with it. Hopefully pay off my delinquent taxes this year and move forward with some mods.

The C5R lights were kinda shoddy (construction-wise) and I was tired of dealing with them. I'll go HID some other route soon. Maybe some Stealth Light Cannons.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet stable...

Look at the backdrop in the last pic, jealous!!!

I need to get my *** down to Hawaii for some vaca.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Sweet stable...

Look at the backdrop in the last pic, jealous!!!

I need to get my *** down to Hawaii for some vaca.
Yes you do. Make sure to hit me up when you get here too.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 PM
slow94z is infamous around these parts
That looks amazing!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Great looking wheels, can't wait to see the end result.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
kukri is infamous around these parts
That looks mean as is haha reminds me when me and my buddy put 295s on a S2000 just to see what it looks like.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Father's day weekend project