American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My American Muscle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
My American Muscle

I joined to find out more about my newly purchased 997 C2S but I do also have some strong muscle in the garage with it.

2004 Pontiac GTO. She has a Texas-Speed built LQ9 370ci with a TVS2300 blower making 15lbs of boost, meth injection, and nitrous (if needed). The 6 speed came out and we put in a ATI built TH400 tranny with a mid 3K stall. She is still a full weight street car with all the goodies (a/c, CD, leather, ect). 4000lb race weight with the cage and harness. I did install all the exterior Holden Monaro pieces to make her look like her Ausi mate. Here are a few pics:

Black one on the left in street trim (still use 18inch drag radials):

Track mode:

The mojo:

One of the runs (off nitrous):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZ4E0zu8U8

Last edited by Doc GTO; 07-26-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
NJSPEEDER is infamous around these parts
Very cool car.

-Tim

Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 AM
BLOWNGTO is infamous around these parts
The Goat is running strong!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds good, runs hard too!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
F'in sick man! I love it... and you will never see another one like it.

Strong car.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
bijanmaleki is infamous around these parts
Nice Doc,

Didn't know you rocked a 997 as well!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
bijanmaleki is infamous around these parts
On another note, I keep looking at your old vortech for sale!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Damn, that's one quick car you have there. Looks MEAN!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 AM
V - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of light
hows that little dana irs handle the power without hopping and breaking shafts every 2-3 passes???

Old 08-08-2010, 10:41 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, nice!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bijanmaleki
On another note, I keep looking at your old vortech for sale!
It's in perfect shape and a good price! They still sell for $6K+ new.

Originally Posted by V - 996tt
hows that little dana irs handle the power without hopping and breaking shafts every 2-3 passes???

I was running MANY 10.80s-10.90s with a complete stock rear except Koni shocks, King springs, and drag bags when it was still a 6 speed car. If it hopped I aborted the run. With the bags and drag radials is almost never hopped.

Now I have the DSS 1000 horse stubs, axles, and one piece drive shaft. Zero issues and this is all with the stock 05 diff. They are strong if you take care of them. I put in fresh Royal Purple twice a year in it.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Why did you ditch the vortech for the magnuson?

Old 08-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by BLOWNGTO
Why did you ditch the vortech for the magnuson?
My Vortech was maxed out with my bigger motor and heads. Even with a 100 shot on top of the Vortech my best run was a 10.42. First run out of the box with the 2300 I ran a 10.26 with no spray.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a good reason to switch over! I am going to keep on tinkering with my vortech setup. Here is what i have done so far. You know what it looked like before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My American Muscle