American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2009 Custom Matte Black Widebody Dodge Challenger SRT8 Photoshoot - 18 images

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
notbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant future
Wink 2009 Custom Matte Black Widebody Dodge Challenger SRT8 Photoshoot - 18 images

This session was shot and edited six months ago, way back in April, for duPont Registry; specifically, for this month's cover feature. However, alternate decisions were made after the set was complete, and ultimately a different design direction was sought for the issue. A bummer, but no worries, all is not lost! I've been withholding the photos from the public all this time, waiting for another publication to run the images, but this week I finally decided to stop, and release the series on my own terms (with my client's approval), in advance of the car's unveiling at this year's SEMA show.

As for the vehicle itself, it's an absolute beast (I know virtually nothing of the numbers or specifics. I can find out, but right now, I've got nothing. Sorry! The only thing I do know is that it doesn't run on racing fuel; I'm pretty sure it runs on souls...). Some of you may have already seen videos of it on YouTube, or the engine build thread on a few forums, but this was its first official photoshoot in its finished state. The only thing missing in the photos is the lower front lip spoiler, which was damaged shortly before the shoot, and thus not present at the time.

Unfortunately, I did not shoot any interiors (wasn't completed yet) or any of the engine bay (ran out of time/wasn't needed for dPR). But I certainly captured the rest of the car, and in such a crazy locale. It was part of a disused road system, so for the five hours that we shot, we saw maybe four cars, if that. It really was something else, having the whole area to ourselves. And yes, I made sure to pay homage to Mad Max in one of the titles.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy them. It's been too long since I've posted new work!

-Webb

//1.

//2.

//3.

//4.

//5.

//6. For those familiar with Dante's Inferno...

//7.

//8.

//9.

//10.

//11.

//12. "Remember where you are; this is Thunderdome, and death is listening..."

//13.

//14.

//15.

//16.

//17.

//18.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
O M G !

Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
notbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant futurenotbland has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
O M G !

Hahaha

Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
O M G !

I'm with this guy!!! ^^^^ WOW!!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 PM
10th03cobra is my hero!!!
hj16 is infamous around these parts
Lose the cogged 6-71 and throttle body and consider me sold.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 AM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
damn...car look menacing.....nice pic's

Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
bonecrrusher is infamous around these parts
Wow - no idea they had a 6-71 available for the new Hemi's.... that looks awesome and is definitely a throwback to Mad Max... great pics!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:54 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
WOW!!! this Challenger looks awesome.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Hybrid AWD is infamous around these parts
There is a ton of work put into that car! Looks great though.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! The only thing I would chang wold be the rear graphics, red in the lights and those rims... I think they are too modern after bringing that SC in the mix, maybe something without chrome would be better suited.

Thanks for sharing!

-Eli

Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 AM
GFN-911 is infamous around these parts
nicest challenger ive ever seen!!! awesome.....

Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
kaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura about
Hey! is that off I-10E by Almonaster? Great shots! maybe i should take my car out there. that car is amazing! is the owner local to NOLA? I haven't seen it around, but then again, i don't attend many shows.

edit: oh wait a minute, i just noticed the Energy drink. This is the same guy that owns the Carrera GT in flat black? is that a wrap or paint?

Last edited by kaotic504; 10-08-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 AM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, great shots and sick car! Now I wanna see videos of that bad boy.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Supratt6s is infamous around these parts
that's one bad looking *****!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by kaotic504
Hey! is that off I-10E by Almonaster? Great shots! maybe i should take my car out there. that car is amazing! is the owner local to NOLA? I haven't seen it around, but then again, i don't attend many shows.

edit: oh wait a minute, i just noticed the Energy drink. This is the same guy that owns the Carrera GT in flat black? is that a wrap or paint?
Correct on both counts. The owner is local, and the GT is his. The GT is wrapped, but the Challenger is paint. I've photographed the GT back in the spring, as well: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...27-images.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Custom Matte Black Widebody Dodge Challenger SRT8 Photoshoot - 18 images