American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Traded the P-Car for a CTS-V.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by blue997
How would you compare the ride quality on bumpy pavement vs the porsche?
I am curious how good this would be for long distance travel.
WWaaaaayyyyy better! The ride has two settings, tour and sport, on tour it rides very much like a regular Cadillac, not quite as cloud like, but very nice. You can still feel the road but the is NO harshness, even over uneven surfaces.

When you want to sling it around, press the button and Voila! the suspension goes into sport mode and response, stiffness, and feedback are increased alot. Testers say it'll pull .90 g's in sport mode.

It wont peel the skin off your face in a corner like my 911 TT would, but your still gonna have to have a serious machine and some skill to hang with it in sport mode.

It's nice to have the choice between the two to suit what it is you feel like doing.

As to distance travel, I'll take it over my traded-in 911 TT ANY day of the week. More luxurious interior, more trunk space, a REAL 2 place back seat, wayy better noise levels, etc etc.

IMHO it is truly a sport tourer on steroids.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice, congrats!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
Congrats!

I think the car would look better with some aftermarket wheels. The interior is surprising nice.

plus 1 on that

Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor
FORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the rough
Coupe looks GREAT! Use some D3 springs, it drives very nice.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
I'm trying to resist, but I may end up doing wheels, springs.
It would look SICK dropped an inch with some 20s on it.
Dont tempt me LOL!

Lingenfelter first, then we'll see where things go.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
quikag is infamous around these parts
congrats! I really like the V's. I wouldn't mind trading in my Yukon Denali for one, but I like the extra room in the Yukon. Only thing I wish Cadillac offered on the V is a de-chrome package. Meaning, dark gray or black accents instead of the chrome. It would feel more AMGish to me at that point.

Otherwise, the car is a monster in the power dept, handles great (for a sports sedan), is comfy, and has a great interior with a bunch of amentities at a relatively reasonable price.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Good luck with your new car. Drove my friend's CTS-V sedan (2010) a few times and it is an excellent car for the $. Steering still a bit "Caddy-esq." for my tastes and the brakes didn't have excellent modulation but were excellent at stopping. The back seat in the sedan was small-ish and the coupe has to be worse. The car looks great from the front but styling of the sedan, and even more-so for the coupe, is very polarized for many. It's great Caddy is making these cars and it will force BMW, M-B and Audi to take better care with their "sport" offerings. I can definitely see how someone would come out of a Porsche Turbo and into one of these without feeling like they are missing out on too much. Obviously, the 2011 Turbo accelleration is a different story, but how often do you need to do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds? Hopefully part of you like me (SRT) was happy to be buying American. Enjoy!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor
FORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
I'm trying to resist, but I may end up doing wheels, springs.
It would look SICK dropped an inch with some 20s on it.
Dont tempt me LOL!

Lingenfelter first, then we'll see where things go.

Let me know , i will be glad to take care of you.
This is 2011 Sedan we just did. Its lowered on D3 Springs.

Last edited by FORGED DST; 01-13-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Truck Jam is infamous around these parts
Sweet pick up! Must say the coupe is growing on me. But if you can make that coupe look like the 360 Forged Sedan, THUMBS UP!!! There is something about a beautiful car sitting with the right stance right wheels.

TJ

Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Gary Wells is infamous around these parts
Beautiful CTS-V coupe. I own a '09 CTS-V (sedan) and I absolutely love it. Mine's Thunder Grey, automatic (A6), Recaros, fuzzy wheel, no roof treatment, so far bone stock, unfortunately. I think that the stock rims on these cars are the best looking stock rims to ever come out of the GM factory. Be extremely cautious about lowering these cars. It generally doesn't work out very well. Thanks for the pics.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
TrevorD is infamous around these parts
They're great cars! I just sold mine just because I was bored and ended up back in a Z06. I have a set of 20" DPE SP5 wheels with Nitto Invo tires that I ran for a whopping 500 miles on my V if you're interested. I have over $5,000 in them with tires, and I'll take $3,500 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Shoot me an email at trevord1977@yahoo.com if you're interested, and I can get you detailed pics.

I picked up 80 RWHP and 115 RWTQ with a 9.55" lower pulley. It made 581 RWHP and 610 RWTQ through tue manual trans. You can buy the parts and have them installed much cheaper elsewhere...JMO. Check out Texas Speed & Performance!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:56 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Congrats! Keep us updated after you get some time in.

Im debating between this and a C63 with the performance pack

Old 01-16-2011, 09:08 AM
TrevorD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD

Got your PM but have to have at least 15 posts to respond...go figure.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 AM
gonzales25 is infamous around these parts
I just picked up my CTS V Coupe about a week ago, this car is amazing. What got me is how aggressive it looks from the front. It looks a lot better in person then the pictures on the internet. I traded in my tuned 07 E63 AMG for it and have no regrets.

Last edited by gonzales25; 01-17-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Gary Wells
Beautiful CTS-V coupe. I own a '09 CTS-V (sedan) and I absolutely love it. Mine's Thunder Grey, automatic (A6), Recaros, fuzzy wheel, no roof treatment, so far bone stock, unfortunately. I think that the stock rims on these cars are the best looking stock rims to ever come out of the GM factory. Be extremely cautious about lowering these cars. It generally doesn't work out very well. Thanks for the pics.
I have to agree with that, I really think I'll just bump up a size on the rear tires and call it done. Just a little to fill that fender a bit and give a bit more width for a better look from the rear (and traction LOL )

Originally Posted by TrevorD
_snip_

I picked up 80 RWHP and 115 RWTQ with a 9.55" lower pulley. It made 581 RWHP and 610 RWTQ through tue manual trans. You can buy the parts and have them installed much cheaper elsewhere...JMO. Check out Texas Speed & Performance!
The Lingenfelter badge and peace of mind are worth the price to me.

I doubt I'll take it past the 630 mark anyway.

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD

Did a road trip Sat of about 500 miles and love the car even more now, long distance cruising is comfortable, quiet, and fast!

Originally Posted by gonzales25
I just picked my CTS V Coupe about a week ago, this car is amazing. What got me is how aggressive it looms from the front. It looks a lot better in person then pictures on the Internet. I traded in my tuned 07 E63 AMG for it and have no regrets.
Congrats! And yes, they do look alot better in person, very aggressive but still Cadillac classy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded the P-Car for a CTS-V.