American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2012 Chrylser 300C SRT8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:59 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
is the dash still one big chunk of plastic?

Old 04-24-2011, 10:06 PM
steagan is infamous around these parts
Dang, I wish I could afford one of these. Love the agressive stance.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:58 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ()utlaw
If you make cars today without LED's you are not on the ball.
I would have to agree. Its probably a selling point. People see these lights on more expensive cars and want the look. I think the execution on the 300 is nice. I think for the SRT they should have made the fenders wider for a more aggressive stance.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Lord T has a spectacular aura aboutLord T has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tonka858
is the dash still one big chunk of plastic?
No

Old 04-25-2011, 01:06 AM
A few more pics

Last edited by Lord T; 04-25-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Info on the 6.4L Hemi:
The 6.4L VVT HEMI (392 CID) eight-cylinder SRT high performance engine is a 90° V-Type, deep skirt, lightweight cast iron block with aluminum heads, single cam, overhead valves, and hydraulic roller lifters.

This engine shares the same architecture as the 2009 5.7L HEMI with the following Performance Upgrades:

Increased Bore (103.9 mm (4.09 in.)

Increased Stoke (94.6 mm (3.72 in.)
Increased Valve Sizing

The 6.4L HEMI engine also has improved horsepower, torque and fuel economy as compared with the 6.1L HEMI engine. This is achieved with the larger displacement and the following Technical Improvements:

Variable Cam Timing (VCT) Cam Phasing System

Multi-Displacement System (MDS) (auto trans only)
High Flow Ports
Increased Maximum RPM
Combustion Chamber Shape
Higher Compression Ratio (10.9:1)

The 6.4L engine is equipped with Variable Valve Timing (VVT). This system uses an Oil Control Valve (OCV) to direct oil pressure to the camshaft phaser assembly. The camshaft phaser assembly advances and/or retards camshaft timing to improve engine performance, mid-range torque, idle quality, fuel economy and reduce emissions. The OCV is located under the intake manifold.

The heads incorporate splayed valves with a hemispherical style combustion chamber and dual spark plugs.

The engine oil cooler is engineered for maximum cooling efficiency with no restriction in oil flow. The oil cooler is a stack plate design coolant-to-oil heat exchanger. The oil cooler is mounted between the oil filter and the engine block. The oil cooler uses the radiator coolant system; coolant is circulated through two coolant hoses to maintain a consistent engine oil temperature.

The intake manifold is made of a composite material and features a dual shaft Short Runner Valve (SRV) system to maximize both low end torque and peak power. The SRV is bolted to the rear of the intake manifold and can be service separately from the manifold. The manifold uses a single plane sealing system with individual port seals and a separate PCV port seal to prevent leaks.

The exhaust manifolds are tube in shell air gap design to maximize durability and performance. The exhaust manifolds are made of stainless steel stamped shells and stainless steel tubes with a powdered metal outlet. A layered graphite over perforated steel manifold gasket is used to provide sealing to the cylinder head.

The valve guide seals are made of rubber and incorporate an integral steel valve spring seat. The integral garter spring maintains consistent lubrication control to the valve stems. The intake valve stem seal has a smaller valve spring seat compared to the exhaust valve stem seal. The intake and exhaust valve stem seals are identified by different colors.

The pistons are made of a high-strength aluminum alloy. Piston skirts are coated with a solid lubricant (Molykote) to reduce friction and provide scuff resistance. The piston top ring groove and land is anodized. The connecting rods are made of forged powdered metal with a “fractured cap” design. A floating piston pin is used to attach the piston and connecting rod.

Four dual-nozzle oil jets are bolted to the cylinder block underneath the main oil gallery. The jets connect with an oil-tight fit to the main gallery through lubrication passages. Each oil jet helps cool the two opposing pistons.

The cylinders are numbered from front to rear; 1, 3, 5, 7 on the left bank and 2, 4, 6, 8 on the right bank.

The firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

MDS (auto transmission models only)

The Multiple Displacement System (MDS) provides cylinder deactivation during steady-speed, low-acceleration and shallow grade climbing conditions to increase fuel economy.

MDS can provide a 5-20% fuel economy benefit when operating in four-cylinder mode depending on driving habits and vehicle usage. For EPA rating purposes the fuel economy is 8-15% higher than if the engine was operating on eight cylinders at all times.

MDS is integrated into the basic engine architecture requiring these additional parts:

Unique MDS camshaft

8 deactivating roller lifters
4 control valve solenoids
Control valve solenoid wiring harness
Oil temperature sensor

Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I'm liking this car more and more...

That MFD looks better than the GT-R's.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
steagan is infamous around these parts
I like the wheels.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steagan
I like the wheels.
I've never made an opinion on whether it is worth/not worth the purchase based on the wheels.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Jano4 has a spectacular aura aboutJano4 has a spectacular aura aboutJano4 has a spectacular aura about
I think it looks great

Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
The interior of these new dodge products are amazing. I just wish they didnt make the outside look like a sad dog.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:49 AM
TopBliss is infamous around these parts
Chrysler truly is turning a corner.. The stuff they are making now is REALLY looking excellent

Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
I like it, the tonka toy days of the old 300 were over a couple years ago. This new refined 300 is spot on.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 AM
KICKINIT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Catalyst
I like it, the tonka toy days of the old 300 were over a couple years ago. This new refined 300 is spot on.

I would agree with that 4 sure. Has anyone had any seat time in the new 2012 SRT-8? i've seen some interesting numbers of mid 4's 0-60 and mid 12's in the 1/4

Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM
jutes85 is infamous around these parts
4365lbs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Chrylser 300C SRT8