American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Opinions on the 03-04 Cobra ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Opinions on the 03-04 Cobra ?

what do you all think of them ?

any first hand expeirences good or bad ?

As much as I want a carrerra right now I have seen a few of these for sale by me lately .

Most recent one is at a BMW dealer its an 04 convt sonic blue 28k miles their asking 24k KBB is 20k so assuming I could get it for 20k thats a nice cheap fun toy I can mod the crap out of !

But what makes me apprensive is that a majority of them have had the s*** beat out of them already... even though they were built to last and take a beating..

also another concern is this is the dealer that sold me my CPO lemon 750Li

Just thinking outloud

Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
John, nothing wrong with them at all. They are built to take a beating. Fully forged motor...crank, rods, pistons. Strong block. Pulley, intake, exhaust and a tune and you have good little fun car!

A few of my buddies have them and they are good cars.

Keep us posted...

(It would save ya some cash for a while too!)

Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NastyGT500
John, nothing wrong with them at all. They are built to take a beating. Fully forged motor...crank, rods, pistons. Strong block. Pulley, intake, exhaust and a tune and you have good little fun car!

A few of my buddies have them and they are good cars.

Keep us posted...

(It would save ya some cash for a while too!)
lol I forgot that you would be the only person to respond lol I would have just sent u a PM lol ...

I like the possibility of one of these and I always have ... I really just want to save some more though before I do anything at all... I think...

IDk what i really want to do but I guess we will see thanks !

Old 09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
stkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond repute
Great drive train and motor. Ugly IMO. Easy to make big power.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by stkjock
Great drive train and motor. Ugly IMO. Easy to make big power.
I like the way they look I just am not crazy about this color...

either way I looked at it online again and its not as clean as I would like it to be combined with the wrong color

I would love to get my hands on a yellow, black, white , mystichrome one

I also wanna pick up a fox body to build... so I got time to decide what I want to do

Old 09-26-2011, 07:44 PM
V - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of light
terminators are great cars, and IMO look better than the new model.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
I loved my SY 04 Vert. Had some light mods done to it so, probably between 400 and 450HP. I truly loved that car and hate that I got rid of it. One of the dumbest things I ever did in life. I think they look awesome! If anyone sees my 04 SY Vert around...I want to buy it back!

I'd say go for it! They are easy to mod and will stand up too...well except the half shafts....I'd probably upgrade those if you plan to hit the track...

Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 AM
stkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond repute
I know of a super clean silver vert that has been for sale 2004 minor mods - pulley, tune and suspension

less then 7000 miles IIRC - if u have an interest