American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Just picked up my first Vette C6Z!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
I actually love my z06 too much to ever part with it... I want a new toy ...but I just cant pull the trigger on dumping her lol and Ive gotten rid of various cars with no problem

vipers, 750s , bikes, etc;
I feel your pain... I'm in exactly the same situation.

Looking at picking up a C6Z (tempted to wait for the C7 - my price range is <$120k for a second car), but can NOT part with my current car.

The problem with guys like us, is that we will most likely prefer our current cars over the next car anyway, and the new car will just end up sitting there until once a month or something, until we decide to sell it, losing money for no reason.

This is why I MUST buy a car that offers something my current car does not have. My attention is fickle, but my needs from a car are consistent. While I like all cars, I always gravitate back to my current car.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I feel your pain... I'm in exactly the same situation.

Looking at picking up a C6Z (tempted to wait for the C7 - my price range is <$120k for a second car), but can NOT part with my current car.

The problem with guys like us, is that we will most likely prefer our current cars over the next car anyway, and the new car will just end up sitting there until once a month or something, until we decide to sell it, losing money for no reason.

This is why I MUST buy a car that offers something my current car does not have. My attention is fickle, but my needs from a car are consistent. While I like all cars, I always gravitate back to my current car.
its double sided too for me in the fact of... still making payments on the z06 but there minimal and almost paid off 13xxx so I am definitely in positive equity... which would be a plus for getting rid of it... but the minus is its almost free and clear and ready to be covered up in the garage lol

There is no other car that will replace it ... just something to complement it ..

and OP sorry about the thread Hijack but now you can see why you got such a great car lol

Old 10-21-2011, 09:29 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
its double sided too for me in the fact of... still making payments on the z06 but there minimal and almost paid off 13xxx so I am definitely in positive equity... which would be a plus for getting rid of it... but the minus is its almost free and clear and ready to be covered up in the garage lol

There is no other car that will replace it ... just something to complement it ..

and OP sorry about the thread Hijack but now you can see why you got such a great car lol
Gotcha... These are good problems to have with our economy the way it is.

+1 on complimenting the current car.

+1 on apoplogy to OP.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Nice pick-up. I love my Z06.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
stkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and enjoy it

Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

6spdg37s, don't worry about thread jack and you actually made me so confident about this car. In fact, the Z06 was my second choice on the list and the first was 997TT. The problem was that 997TT is still out of my budget and I didn't want to wait until it reaches within my price range. I may switch to 997TT sometime down the road but who knows I may be stuck with Z06 like you are!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:50 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by swc
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

6spdg37s, don't worry about thread jack and you actually made me so confident about this car. In fact, the Z06 was my second choice on the list and the first was 997TT. The problem was that 997TT is still out of my budget and I didn't want to wait until it reaches within my price range. I may switch to 997TT sometime down the road but who knows I may be stuck with Z06 like you are!
ok good ! lol

I daily drive mine and what is so great about it is its subtle and calm and refined when you want it to be... but you wanna have some fun you rev match and downshift and bammmmm ! you are gone !

Old 10-31-2011, 04:35 AM
Vrrooom is infamous around these parts
Lemans blue is what I originally wanted, beautiful!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-31-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: not in open forum and not enough posts
Old 10-31-2011, 08:06 PM
V - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of light
sweet. I love mine!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!! love the lemans blue!! very rare color!!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new ride. Vettes have always been one of my favorites. Have fun!

Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Bkthunderkatz is infamous around these parts
Nice ride! Love LeMans Blue. Congrats!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Congrats and what a nice toy you have!! I want to get me a C6, but I'm too poor and my current toy (my SVT Cobra) is worth more to me than anyone else, so I'm not looking forward to selling it for any kind of profit. I still think about getting another Vette!!!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Tragedy is infamous around these parts
my favorite color. Nice ride man.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM
IMXCITD is infamous around these parts
very nice! congrats!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my first Vette C6Z!