American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

?? 70,000 miles too much for Z06 ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
In just two years your average z06 will sell from 20-30k for the 06-08 models.

Your kidding right? 02-04 Z06s are in the 20-30k range so you really think an 06 let alone an 08 with all the improvements will be under 30k in two years? If anything the value should actually hold a bit as the 427 big block will be gone and there will be a stronger demand for people looking for a big block in a vette.

top OP a buddy or mine has an 07 with 130,000 on in and has no major problems whatsoever. So I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one as everything on them is pretty cheap to service(except for LS7 if that go's south). As long as you keep up routine maintenance I shouldn't see why it wouldn't last for a long time. And for $30k and some change you are getting a helluva car that nothing else in that price point can touch.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
...And for $30k and some change you are getting a helluva car that nothing else in that price point can touch.
this

Old 02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Killemall has a spectacular aura aboutKillemall has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
In just two years your average z06 will sell from 20-30k for the 06-08 models.

Your kidding right? 02-04 Z06s are in the 20-30k range so you really think an 06 let alone an 08 with all the improvements will be under 30k in two years? If anything the value should actually hold a bit as the 427 big block will be gone and there will be a stronger demand for people looking for a big block in a vette.

top OP a buddy or mine has an 07 with 130,000 on in and has no major problems whatsoever. So I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one as everything on them is pretty cheap to service(except for LS7 if that go's south). As long as you keep up routine maintenance I shouldn't see why it wouldn't last for a long time. And for $30k and some change you are getting a helluva car that nothing else in that price point can touch.

Actually c5z06s are quite easily purchased in the high teens

In 06 the 67k z06 was selling for 80k+

In 08 a 06 still sold for high 50s

In 09 a 06 still sold for low 50s

In 10 a 06 still sold at high 40s

In 11 a 06 still sold for low 40s

In 12 the current average value is 37k. The best examples can fetch 41 k while the higher milage examples fetch 33k

In just six years it went from selling at 80-90k to selling for high 30s.

It will depreciate another 5k in the next 18 months bringing the average selling price to 28-36k with 32k being the norm. Then the c7 will hit and the car will imediately drop in value bringing it to 25-33 or perhaps worse.

It is simply my opinion that they will be selling quite easily in the 20-30k range in 24 months based on the selling history of the car thus far

Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the replies. Still haven't made a move on anything yet because I'm still in the middle of trying to purchase a house, but I am still keeping my eyes out for z06's and decided that if I get a Z it will be an 08+ (the upgrades they did in that model year are definitely worth it especially since I like to keep my cars for long periods). The 08's are still over the budget that I had set for myself (no more than a 40k mark) but then again I am in no rush for a car right now. I also just sold a MkIV supra that I was going to make my project car but decided that I didn't have the funds or time to make it what I really wanted. I'm still also considering a already modified Supra to my liking which kinda fits my budget better.

Thanks again for all the insight it's greatly appreciated.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Killemall has a spectacular aura aboutKillemall has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by adamls2
Thanks for the replies. Still haven't made a move on anything yet because I'm still in the middle of trying to purchase a house, but I am still keeping my eyes out for z06's and decided that if I get a Z it will be an 08+ (the upgrades they did in that model year are definitely worth it especially since I like to keep my cars for long periods). The 08's are still over the budget that I had set for myself (no more than a 40k mark) but then again I am in no rush for a car right now. I also just sold a MkIV supra that I was going to make my project car but decided that I didn't have the funds or time to make it what I really wanted. I'm still also considering a already modified Supra to my liking which kinda fits my budget better.

Thanks again for all the insight it's greatly appreciated.

Simply my opinion and nothing more.

A supra is a decent car. There is little doubt. But theres little to love about the supra its self.

-98 was 14 years ago so every example is rather old

-40k never really put it in the higher priced performance arena and it mainly competed with the c5 vette and other sub 40k cars

-290 hp wasnt even astonishing back in 98, nor was a 13.6 at 104 mph

-the stock body has aged fairly well but it is still boreing by todays standards

On the flip side its still retains 60 % of its value selling at 20-25k

It was made in small quantities and less than 25k worldwide if I remember correctly

While slow in stock form the 13.6 at 104 turns into 12.6 at 114 with simple basic performance upgrades and the skies the limit or rather your wallet is the limit

While the body is boreing in stock form by current standards there are too many upgrades available to even fathom

My thing is and will always be this....

Whats more exciteing. A car with a 75k msrp that runs mid 11s and 198 mph stock while looking sinister with carbon fiber panels on the from the factory widebody.

Or the 40k msrp car that was 13s but now has been disected and rebuilt engine wise likely several times over with a origional body that has been altered to someone elses vision?

To me its a no brainer. I purchased a supercharged nsx with all the trimmings and widebody ect some years ago. I will never again buy someone elses highly modified import.

On the flip side i sold my nsx and kept my viper and will likely add a c6zo6 to sit beside it. They are very nice cars outta the box.

Just my opinion and I think the supras a great car that has more street cred than most. But imho the z06 is a level up if you will in price, power and performance. Ive seen many a stock z06 beat up on modified 600 hp supras.

When someone tells you a stock z06 is capable of 10s dont laugh it off. It took my viper being modified to 480 rwhp just to run even with stock 440 rwhp z06s. They are extremely fast

Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
This is a car I'm considering or at least something similar to this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...#ht_5955wt_948

Stock vs stock there is no competition, but a built supra like this one is a performance bargain. I have a soft spot for both of these cars especially the supra since I grew up around them. Z06 has always been a dream car of mine.