American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

600HP Camaro, GTR, M3 for daily

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
It's funny you say this, I bought an E90 M3 for the purpose of it being a daily driver, I also have a GTR that I purchased as a weekend car. I actually use them for opposite purposes! I drive the GTR daily and I only take the M3 out when I want a white-knuckle driving experience. The cars can't really be compared, the GTR is lightning fast, comfortable and serves as a better daily driver than the M3 in my opinion. The M3's handling capabilities and turn it are undescribable, I enjoy the M3 more as a weekend car considering it has a 6 speed, and just feels more connected to the road.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:40 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
to the OP, if you can't decide yourself, i would suggest a test drive of both if you haven't done so. if you still are undecided, all the posts on this thread aint going to help you.

both are fine cars but if you want more refinement, you know what the answer is - nissan vs bmw.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned
Road_Master is infamous around these parts
M3
BodyThe E30 M3 differed from the rest of the E30 line-up in many ways. The M3, although using the same basic unit-body shell as the standard E30, was equipped with 12 different and unique body panels for the purposes of improving aerodynamics, as well as "box flared" wheel-arches in the front and rear to accommodate a wider track with wider and taller wheels and tires. The only exterior body panels the standard model 3-series and the M3 shared were the bonnet, roof panel, and sunroof. Suspension The E30 M3 differs from the standard E30 by having a 5x120 wheel bolt patern. The E30 M3 had increased caster angle through major front suspension changes. The M3 had specific solid rubber offset control arm bushings. It used aluminum control arms and the front strut tubes where changed to a design similar (bolt on kingpins and swaybar mounted to strut tube) to the E28 5-series. This included carrying over the 5 series front wheel bearings and brake caliper bolt spacing. The rear suspension is a carry over from the E30.
Brakes The E30 M3 had special front and rear brake calipers and rotors. It also has a special brake master cylinder.
Driveline The E30 M3 had one of two Getrag 265 5-speed gearboxes. US models received an overdrive transmission while European models were outfitted with a dogleg version, with first gear being down and to the left, and fifth gear being a direct 1:1 ratio. Rear differentials installed included a 4.10:1 final-drive ratio for US models. European versions were equipped with a 3.15:1 final drive ratio. All versions were clutch-type limited-slip differentials with 25% lockup.
Wrap up

To keep the car competitive in racing following year-to-year homologation rules changes, homologation specials were produced. Homologation rules roughly stated that the race version must reflect the street car aerodynamically and in engine displacement. These include: the Evo 1, Evo 2, and Sport Evolution some of which featured less weight, improved aerodynamics, taller front wheel arches (Sport Evolution; to further facilitate 18-inch (460 mm) wheels in DTM), brake ducting, and more power. Other limited-production models (based on evolution models but featuring special paintwork and/or unique interior schemes commemorating championship wins) include the Europa, Ravaglia, Cecotto, and Europameister.
Production of the original E30 M3 ended in early 1992.
The M3s were entered by BMW as well as private racing teams and its wins included the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft, British Touring Car Championship European Touring Car Championship, Australian Touring Car Championship, as well as the one-off World Touring Car Championship title in 1987. The E30 M3 is also a multiple winner of Guia Race, 24 Hours Nürburgring and Spa 24 Hours.
The M3 also saw service as a rally car, Prodrive-prepared examples contesting several national championships and selected rounds of the World Rally Championship between 1987 and 1989. By the latter year, the cars, based on the standard M3, were equipped with six-speed gearboxes and produced 295 bhp. The M3 was not competitive with the four-wheel-drive cars on loose surfaces, but a very effective car on asphalt. Its most notable success was victory on the Tour de Corse in 1987, driven by

Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
crazym3 is infamous around these parts
choice

wish I had to make that choice.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
GTR no doubt

Old 08-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Killerss is infamous around these parts
My $.02 would be the m, at least for a dd, the gtr is cool but the m3 just sounds better as a dd, better on gas, and you'll get less attention but you'll get attention from "real car guys", if I repeated anything from previous posts I apologize but they were to long for me, haha