American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2012 Shelby, latest toy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
2012 Shelby, latest toy

Picked up a new 2012 Shelby GT500 sitting in a dealership near my home. Performance white with dealer deleted red stripes, Recaros with red stripes, and the FRPP. Picked it up with 2 miles on her and already have the mods coming in and loving how much fun this thing is to drive. I got it on X plan with $2500 Ford cash off the SRP. Was going to order a 13 but decided that the money I saved could be used for adding power and suspension, which is underway. Anyway here are some phone pics. I do miss my 997 Turbos and will probably get another one day, but for right now...this is a fun car and certainly more of a challenge to drive on the street.

Attached Images      
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM
stv
stv is infamous around these parts
awesome, looks great in white without the stripes!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
white Shelby....................

..looks nice, but it SURE AINT NO P CAR!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Love it best of luck and white is awesome. Those recaros make the car feel like its on a whole different level than without them.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stv
awesome, looks great in white without the stripes!
Thanks, I love the sleeper look.

Originally Posted by robfxlr
..looks nice, but it SURE AINT NO P CAR!!!!!!
Thank you, and true that. 997.1 and 997.2 are amazing machines and my PDK 2010 was just a breeze to drive anywhere everyday! Probably one of a shortlist of true daily drivers that have super car performance. My 997.1 Switzer machines were just blinding precision machines that left nothing on the table! Over 140 mph trap car on pump gas with the AC on and in stop and go traffic during rush hour...truly the best of both worlds.

Shelby is a different animal with a different purpose. Big motor with RWD traction...which makes it a very challenging drivers car to make work, even at the stock power levels...which is VERY fun for me. Big back seat with power for pennies on the dollar when compared to the P Car builds and its just perfect for a daddy with two babies and private school coming in a few years.

Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Love it best of luck and white is awesome. Those recaros make the car feel like its on a whole different level than without them.
Yeah, the Recaros in the Shelby are just about the same ones that are in my friends 2013 GTR Black edition...very supportive and I love the look of them. Heres a pic with my son Dominic...a true car guy!

Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Awesome pic with Dominic. I have a 6 year old Peyton and know what youre talking about when you talk about your son being a car guy. My son actually screamed and cried when we left the NY Car show when he was 5 LOL.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Awesome pic with Dominic. I have a 6 year old Peyton and know what youre talking about when you talk about your son being a car guy. My son actually screamed and cried when we left the NY Car show when he was 5 LOL.
Thanks ALPINE. He is a cool almost 3 year old and sits daily watching out the window at the freeway behind our house, looking at cars and trucks, LOL. Being a dad with a son is the best. Great story about Peyton! You know what I am saying when it comes to, "cars are just in their genes.". Best of luck with him and I wish the best!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Love the all white 500's!! Great looking car man, congrats!!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Got a package from Tousley Ford to go with my CR dual fan heat exchanger:

-2013 upper and lower front grills
-2013 lower front lip spoiler
-2013 TVS blower
-2013 intake elbow

Now all I need is a tune and its going to be done for the season.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Canderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the rough
Congrats, Enjoy your new ride.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Now to get some wideeee wheels and beefy tires and the look will be complete!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Banned
Road_Master is infamous around these parts
looking nice.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Some more pics of my latest additions.

Attached Images      
Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Hate to admit but this looks pretty good.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Enilder
Hate to admit but this looks pretty good.
Thanks. Car is a blast to drive on the street!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Shelby, latest toy