American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

The New C7 Z06 Leaked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by charles06
It's an auto. You can see the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
It will come with both. As per the new issue of Hot Rod magazine:

"The Z06 will be the only car with more than 600 hp to offer an automatic transmission: the new eight-speed 8L90E."

"C7 Z06 chassis is 20% more rigid than the C6 Z06 with the targa top removed and 60% more rigid with the top in place."

"The steel torque tube of the Stingray will be replaced with a woven carbon-fiber torque tube in the Z06".

"New Z06 features wider bodywork to cover a 2.2 inch wider track in the front and 3 inch wider track in the rear, with wheel and tire sizes from the C6 ZR1."

"There will be three levels of Z06 available with varying degrees of aerodynamic downforce, the top being called Z07".

"Powered by a supercharged 6.2L direct-injection LT4 V8 that produces an estimated 625 hp and 635 lb-ft of torque using a compact 1.7L supercharger capable of 20,000 rpm and 9.5 psi of boost."

Old 01-12-2014, 12:39 PM
charles06 is infamous around these parts
^^^ I was just stating that the one pictured is an auto, but good info nonetheless.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
^^^ I was just stating that the one pictured is an auto, but good info nonetheless.
The one pictured is a mix of both. It's an auto with a H-pattern on the shift ****. Probably GM messing with us.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Darth GF is infamous around these parts
Anyone knows if a dual clutch type transmission will be available? I also hope they shorten the gear ratios.

I believe that to be competitive these days, you need a DCT. Launch control is also really useful to get the best acceleration without too much wheelspin.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Darth GF
Anyone knows if a dual clutch type transmission will be available? I also hope they shorten the gear ratios.

I believe that to be competitive these days, you need a DCT. Launch control is also really useful to get the best acceleration without too much wheelspin.

No DCT will be available at this time. Maybe down the road, but doubtful in the C7 variant.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Darth GF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
No DCT will be available at this time. Maybe down the road, but doubtful in the C7 variant.
Too bad, would have been a game changer.

Another problem with most american cars is not the power or the power to weight, it's just that the gearing is so looooong, it doesn't accelerate as fast as the numbers would suggest.

I'd love to see what a DCT Z07 could do.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:40 PM
The one pictured is a mix of both. It's an auto with a H-pattern on the shift ****. Probably GM messing with us.
Good eye. I had to enlarge the picture quite a bit to make it out. But doesn't the shift gate look really narrow? Almost looks like they put a manual transmission **** on an automatic.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Kent is infamous around these parts
Outstanding! Looks fantastic.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
It's an auto. You can see the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

It's a stick, those buttons are for the rev match and come on the C7 manual already.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
It's a stick, those buttons are for the rev match and come on the C7 manual already.
A stick without a clutch pedal and a 'P' in the dash that stands for park. Lol.

Also, the paddles in the manual cars say "rev match" on them. They don't have + and - signs on them. It's the 8-speed auto in the pic.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
^^^You beat me to it, Divexxtreme!! I'm getting slow. Haha

But you're correct, the picture shows paddles having +'s and -'s on them...not for the manual.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
My take:

100lbs heavier than the current ZR1 based on the C7 being 100lbs heavier than the C6 unless some more unannounced weight savings are used.

The handling will offset the 100lb penalty and lap quicker than the current ZR1/Z06.

An evolution, but not a revolution. I like it a lot, regardless.

Originally Posted by Darth GF

Supposedly not enough room for one.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Matt911 is infamous around these parts

Info from the reveal:
-Engine is an LT4 6.2L supercharged
-There will be two transmissions: 7 speed manual and 8 speed auto
-It will have 3 stages of aero packages
-The targa roof can be removed just like the c7 stingray

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette-1Stingray-1%5B3%5D.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	320772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette-2Stingray-2%5B3%5D.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	320773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette-4Stingray-4%5B3%5D.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	320774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette-5Stingray-5%5B3%5D.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	320775  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
A stick without a clutch pedal and a 'P' in the dash that stands for park. Lol.

Also, the paddles in the manual cars say "rev match" on them. They don't have + and - signs on them. It's the 8-speed auto in the pic.
my bad your'e right, I thought it was the rev match buttons that the stingrays come with. Most thought it was sacrilege to have an AUTO in a Z06. But I think GM is smart to offer both. On the corvette forum there were so many older folks that complained about the Z06 not being available in auto and removable targa. Well GM listened and this might be the best selling Z06 model as long as price doesn't go north of $100k. I am in an my C6 is down the road if I the price tag is around $80,000.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
my bad your'e right, I thought it was the rev match buttons that the stingrays come with. Most thought it was sacrilege to have an AUTO in a Z06. But I think GM is smart to offer both. On the corvette forum there were so many older folks that complained about the Z06 not being available in auto and removable targa. Well GM listened and this might be the best selling Z06 model as long as price doesn't go north of $100k. I am in an my C6 is down the road if I the price tag is around $80,000.

It looks like a 100k+ style car............lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The New C7 Z06 Leaked