American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

The New C7 Z06 Leaked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Everything is awesome right up til they show the rear end of the car then all #%#$% breaks loose! YUK Damn they screwed that part up!

Old 01-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Damn... What a car!!! The SRT Viper is gonna get beat for sure!

Last edited by LeoLambo; 01-14-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:53 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LeoLambo
Damn... What are car!!! The SRT Viper is gonna get beat for sure!
That car was never a problem for the c6 zr1

Old 01-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zedosix
That car was never a problem for the c6 zr1
Except on the track where the SRT TA is quicker at MRLS and the ACR is quicker at the 'Ring. And then the question of supercharger heat soak for extended lapping sessions...

Old 01-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Except on the track where the SRT TA is quicker at MRLS and the ACR is quicker at the 'Ring. And then the question of supercharger heat soak for extended lapping sessions...

Never... in the track the ZR1 will destroy any Viper... the Zr1 have the best brakes and suspension in any American car...

Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Never... in the track the ZR1 will destroy any Viper... the Zr1 have the best brakes and suspension in any American car...
Before I had my ZR1 I had an opportunity to tack my ZO6 and go up against a handful of porsche's (no turbos) corvettes and an ACR viper, with my inexperience I pulled off a second place out of 67 competitors. Not that any of this means anything but I was proud to say that I had beat the Viper.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
"Destroy"? LMAO. Nevermind heat soak from the supercharger, this pro driver proved otherwise. I thought this was common knowledge. Published in Motor Trend, various internet pages, etc:
It may have the most high-tech suspension (actually the CTS V-Sport is probably better since it doesn't have leaf springs), and the best brakes, but Mero really saws on that wheel at the 'Ring.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
1. SRT Viper TA 1:33.62 Randy Probst
2. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 1:33.70 Randy Pobst

Here one would argue the last generation Viper "Destroyed" the ZR1:

Nurburgring:
6. Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR 7:12.13 172 '08 600 / 1536 Dominik Farnbacher
7. Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package 7:14.64 171 '12 570 / 1509 Akira Iida
8. Donkervoort D8 RS 7:14.89 171 '05 350 / 600 Michael Duechting
9. Porsche 911 GT2 RS 7:18.00 169 '10 620 / 1370 Timo Kluck
10. Radical SR3 Turbo 7:19.00 169 '03 320 / 500 Phil Bennett
11. Nissan GT-R 7:19.10 169 '12 550 / 1736 Toshio Suzuki
12. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 7:19.63 169 '08 647 / 1530 Jim Mero

Last edited by Deuuuce; 01-14-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Word from Chevy is that the new 8 speed auto shifts faster than Porsche's PDK.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by MCJ
Word from Chevy is that the new 8 speed auto shifts faster than Porsche's PDK.
And Santa Claus got stuck in my chimney...

Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
And Santa Claus got stuck in my chimney...
It's an automatic, why is that hard to believe?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
It's an automatic, why is that hard to believe?
Because its Chevrolet thats why. Personally even if it shifted faster than a gt3 or tts for that matter I wouldn't be impressed.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Because its Chevrolet thats why. Personally even if it shifted faster than a gt3 or tts for that matter I wouldn't be impressed.
Not impressed they got a regular slush box to respond and perform quicker than a dual clutch? Huh? I'd say that's a miracle they even got to dual clutch type performance let alone beat PDK which is one of the tops. I've driven the Jag F-Type and that 8 speed was great but just wasn't at the level of a dual clutch. Actually I hope the manual trans rumor is true.
Huh? The TA beat, though narrowly, the ZR1 on track with its plebeian Pirellis vs the ZR1 Sport Cup tires. When Sport Cups were swapped on the TA it was over 2.5 seconds per lap quicker, now that's destroying. GM nailed the Mich contract though, SRT better hope Pirelli releases the Trofeos that are Viper spec'd though to go against the Sport Cups. If not the Vipers a sitting duck on the regular Pirelli Corsa. That's not to take away from the ZR1 which is an awesome performance car, heck we should be glad both brands put an *** whipping on makes costing 3X as much.

Last edited by Surfer; 01-15-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Surfer
Not impressed they got a regular slush box to respond and perform quicker than a dual clutch? Huh? I'd say that's a miracle they even got to dual clutch type performance let alone beat PDK which is one of the tops. I've driven the Jag F-Type and that 8 speed was great but just wasn't at the level of a dual clutch. Actually I hope the manual trans rumor is true.
The Z06 will come with either a 7-speed manual or a 8-speed auto. That's not a rumor. That's direct from GM.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The Z06 will come with either a 7-speed manual or a 8-speed auto. That's not a rumor. That's direct from GM.
Was talking about the Jag lol

Old 01-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by Surfer
You have no clue what your talking about. The TA beat, though narrowly, the ZR1 on track with its plebeian Pirellis vs the ZR1 Sport Cup tires. When Sport Cups were swapped on the TA it was over 2.5 seconds * per lap * quicker, now that's destroying. GM nailed the Mich contract though, SRT better hope Pirelli releases the Trofeos though to go against the Sport Cups. If not the Vipers a sitting duck on the regular Pirelli Corsa.
I don't care if you swap the tires or no... we are talking about stock cars...

I had 2 Vipers and.... the are very good looking but the worst cars in the planet... there was no one thing i like about that car.... only the way the car looks...

I also owned a Z06 and wow... just wow... i still miss that car...

I hear the new Viper still have a lot of flaws... like the launch control, the heat from the exhaust coming inside of the car, etc

I really love the way they look and i even though about trading my Gallardo for a SRT Viper but.... i read about it and i change my mind very quick...

I'm sure the C7 Z06 won't have any of this problems i drive a Lambo but in my heart i'm a Chevy guy...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	468633_10151168305653652_303029864_o.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	321841   Click image for larger version

Name:	547330_10150866519898652_1382615306_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	321842  

Last edited by LeoLambo; 01-15-2014 at 11:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The New C7 Z06 Leaked