American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2008 Supercharged Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:22 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
2008 Supercharged Z06

So who's getting one? I am #4 on the list at a local dealer. 650-680hp, limited run of 1500-1800 cars. This thing is gonna fly!

Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
have they given you any info on it such as pricing etc?

Old 02-14-2007, 03:25 PM
ambleZ06 is infamous around these parts
Bob Lutz said it would be 100K+ I think for that money I would be looking at other used exotics. No way would I pay 100K+ for a GM product.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
supercharged Z06! Like those cars need more power...

They sound cool though, but for that price, I would go for something a little less..... American

Old 02-14-2007, 06:59 PM
DrwVIP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sal

They sound cool though, but for that price, I would go for something a little less..... American
HAHA... can a car have to much power!? This vette is going to blow the doors off alot of cars.. many which are double to triple its price...

Old 02-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Blazing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sal

LOL,on the power thing i was going to say the exact thing, the Z06 is already a blast (yeah its got the SO SO interior quality,thats the only thing i dont like),but can you ever to much power,just depends because anyone make power. Am really curious to see what the end product will be,what really sets the Supercharged Z06 from the Standard Z06,will it just be a Superchager and suspention etc. For $100k i would get meself on the list for a Noble M15,but ill say nohing for now cause SUPERCHARGED Z06 isnt out yet.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
z06 is already fast enough.
looks nice from outside but thumbs down for interior!
pure track car imo!
100+ = 997 TT for me regardless of performance.
it just ... looks nice!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:20 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
So who's getting one? I am #4 on the list at a local dealer. 650-680hp, limited run of 1500-1800 cars. This thing is gonna fly!
Definitely a car to consider since it will make the top supercar owners think twice when it laps 7:30's at the ring.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Henjie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gtr
Definitely a car to consider since it will make the top supercar owners think twice when it laps 7:30's at the ring.
Even with 650+hp (assuming this info is accurate), it'll have to be spectacular to get into the low 7:30s. The Koenigsegg CCR can only manage 7:34 despite weighing less than 2,700lbs and having 806hp on tap.

Not impossible with good chassis and suspension tuning though. The Zonda F is 1 sec. faster than the Koenigsegg CCR around the 'Ring even with a huge 200hp deficit in power. Then there's the CGT which is the fastest of them all.

But no question about it, absolute bang for the buck (from a performance standpoint) if it does sticker at around $100K.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:29 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtr
Keep dreaming because that is not going to happen.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gtr
you sure about that?
i dont think many people on this forum like 2fast2furious

Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Didn't the "blue devil" aka, the blue supercharged Z06 seen lapping the 'ring last year lay down some rediculous time? Can't find a time, but i remember hearing somewhere the thing was damn quick. I hate GM, but its only GM car i'd consider owning!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...vil-spy-photos

Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
id rather get an APS Twin Turbo kit for a regular C6 and put down like 700whp for WAY less money

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/corvette/c6.htm

Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
If it will ACTUALLY be released, that will be awesome. I read over on Ferrarichat that due to the 50+% total rate on the C6 Z06's, the liability of releasing a more powerful Z06 was too great, therefore they werent going to be releasing it! ?!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by iLLM3
If it will ACTUALLY be released, that will be awesome. I read over on Ferrarichat that due to the 50+% total rate on the C6 Z06's, the liability of releasing a more powerful Z06 was too great, therefore they werent going to be releasing it! ?!
Whats the source for that statistic? Thats crazy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Supercharged Z06