American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

'67 Mustang Convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
'67 Mustang Convertible

Hey guys. I got some questions for you. My dad has a '67 and I want to buy it from him (since no one else will). I told him Id give him 5K cash and take it off his hands. I want to restore it. It is in really good condition already, but I want it to be nicer. I was thinking a 347 stroker, maybe some updated front suspension, new leafs in the rear and change the tranny. As for the body and top, they are in really good condition, so maybe just some paint and new wheels.

I think this is a good set up. Nothing over the top like a pro-touring car, but something that has some heart and a decent beat under the hood. I was wondering if you guys could steer me in a direction of people who have done similar builds. Thanks guys!

Chris

Old 06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
message techartdreamer he built his 66 mustang, im sure he can tell you some stuff

Old 06-17-2007, 06:10 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
Ya I know Markus did his 66. I was actually going to PM later on tonight. Thanks for the reminder Tomas!!

Chris

Old 06-17-2007, 06:26 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a similar, if not the same color as mine(Arcadian Blue). Interior color is the same, non pony interior car, everything looks intact and in good shape. Does it run right now, and what motor? Grab some wheels for it, if it doesn't run get it running, and keep it simple. Don't go to radical, to the point where you wont want to drive it, or you will be scared to drive it.

-Markus-

Old 06-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Markus, that was my thoughts. It has a 302 in it right now, and yes it runs. I just want to update it, you know? But still keeping it simple. I would like more power out of it and I would like it to handle a little better. I was thinking maybe a 1" drop to help the stance and improve the handling. With the motor, a 347 seemed like a perfect fit. The amount of parts out there for them is incredible. PLus you can generate a good amount of power that is still very drivable and reliable. (Unlike Ray Butchers 600+..lol).

Chris