American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Jeep Cherokee SRT8 vs Chevy Blazer SS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wilbur760
I have recently been looking into a sporty SUV and both of these cars seem to fit the mold.

I went and drove both of them, the Jeep seems a little faster and the packaging is nicer.

The SS can be had for cheaper, lease out better and was pretty quick.

What do you think? Which would be better? What are your experiences with these SUV's
I have been considering one of these 2 SUV's as well, but I would like to take it off road occasionally. But I have read that neither of them are very "off-road" friendly.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
wilbur760 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
as a new srt8 jeep owner i guess i am biased, but going from the cayenne to the jeep didn't seem like a huge change to me..
wow, thats crazy! good to know thanks as I have always loved the turbo but not wanted to spend that on an SUV.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:06 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
Id say an TB SS and put a Maggie on it..

why?

this is why:

but beware, Ive heard the trannies are their weak point..

The Jeep is sweet, but Ive heard (HEARD so dont hold me to it) the interior is cheaper and they have more problems, but damn thier seats are COMFY..

Old 08-01-2007, 04:15 AM
930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all
I haven't heard of too many problems on the Jeeps. So, I don't know where that is coming from. Mine has almost 11,000 miles and I have had absolutely no issues. You can also check out http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/ for more information.

Yes, the interior is cheap, but I guess that is a sacrifice that you have to make. They could definitely have done a better job with it, though.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
16500 on mine and no issues whatsoever

Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
onepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant futureonepoint has a brilliant future
Though it most likely doesn't apply, do you ever plan on towing anything?

Old 08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wilbur760
The LS2 is super moddable, but the 4 speed is rough. The Chevy is not cosmetically as exciting but I found a lease deal for low 400's a month.

The Jeep is cool, but I have also heard of many ongoing issues.

Thanks for the info guys!
the 4 speed is a proven tranny though (it won't take a gob load of power, but can easily and cheaply be made bullet proof) . Who cares how many speeds an auto has. W/ a motor like the LS2 that has power THROUGHOUT the range, you don't need to make up for it with extra shifts.

I looked at the SS for some time but decided I didn't need an SUV. If I had the pick i'd take the jeep though

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-03-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by euroaaron12
i have raced a SS in a range rover SC and it didnt have a chance. and it has a 4 speed tranny. i mean come on
Did they know you were racing? They run high 13's - low low 14's and google says RR SC's are high 15's.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
I dont care if that SS run 10's I would NEVER choose one over the jeep. That Jeep looks great right out of the box, and I dont even like SUV's. I ran with one for a little in the turbo, surprisingly fast....

Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Ro_Ja Boy is infamous around these parts
I'll take an SRT8 over the SS anyday!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mrjanko
SRT Hands down, not even a close race!
+2 on that! No comparison what so ever!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Does the Jeep GC SRT-8 ride harshly? Does it have more of a "Cadillac" ride, or a "3/4 ton pick-up with no load" type of ride?

Last edited by Zeus; 08-19-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Banned
*STATUS* is infamous around these parts
having had each car for a few days for work I think the jeep whoops the hek out of the SS, the jeep does have issues with the throttle line breaking or sticking but thats the only issues i heard and i heard that issue was resolved. But definately the Jeep its nicer, better package, more power, built better, better quality i think this is one of the first american cars that didnt fully drop the ball somewhere other than the engine

Old 08-18-2007, 11:23 AM
slamnss is infamous around these parts
SRT! No question.-----

Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I am almost decided on getting an SRT8...Someone let me take his for a test..A random customer in a high end audio store I go to...

Anyway..in that short test drive, I loved it...BUT...I did have a weird problem with the tranny...I am not sure but I think I downshifted it and the damned thing just got so confused, I think it did nothing...I really thought I blew the engine or tranny or something serious...It was very bad.

I mentioned this to the guy and he acknowledged having similar issues on occassion..

This is my only hesitation with getting one (pun unintended)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jeep Cherokee SRT8 vs Chevy Blazer SS